Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 9, 2011
I bought this as a replacement unit. I measured the length of the shaft from the original movement, and then used the "Reference Guide" at the top of this page to order the correct shaft size of the new Paylak unit. Some problems exist with the Reference Guide Diagram (imho). The "B" (Dimension of Shaft Length)is a lineal distance from the point the unit rests against the back of the clock face, then through the thickness of the clock face, and then the distance from the clock face to a point in space that will include the hour, minute, and second hands' thicknesses. The distance of the shaft on the old unit was 1/2". That distance was a perfect length for the clockface, second, minute, hours hands. So I ordered the "Clock Movement Quartz Square Straight Black Hand Shaft 1/2" Kit". When the unit arrived, the actual shaft length was 1". The sealed package had the correct marking, ie "Clock Movement Quartz Square Straight Black Hand Shaft 1/2" Kit". So, either the unit inside was the wrong one, or Paylak measures in a differnet manner than what the Reference Guide Diagram infers. (And, yes I measured the shaft, face, hands, MANY times-not just twice-before I ordered). The box did not have a receipt or an Amazon returns form. Rather than the hassle of calling Amazon, mailing it back, etc., I placed varying thicknesses of washers on the Paylak shaft between the movement box and the back of the clock face until I had the correct shaft distance on the outside of the clockface. That distance could only be determined by varying the number and/or thicknesses of the washers on the shaft in back of the clockface. The movement is working fine, keeps the correct time, so I recommend the item itself, but have some reservations on the ease of installation given the vague, off-hand, arbitrary ways to determine the correct shaft-length to order from the Paylak Reference Guide Diagram. But, you could luck out and get the exact shaft length you need...
on May 26, 2011
I've used this product twice now to repair clocks--very straightforward and it works. Although the kit is about half the price of a new clock, I hate throwing away a perfectly good item just because the ticker quits working. My only advice in using the kit is to measure the stem--the part that sticks out on which the hands attach--on the current clock so you purchase the right size. Other than that, it's a piece of cake to install.
on February 10, 2013
My wife has had a kitchen clock (wooden) for over 30 years. The quartz movement died last week, and I cast about looking for a replacement. Due, frankly, to the Amazon Prime 2 day delivery, I ordered this movement, even though it was a bit more expensive than I could have spent elsewhere.

Got the unit in the advertised two days, and as expected, it was mostly a piece of cake to replace. The ONLY ding (and I suspect this is going to be the norm across any of these replacement movements) is that the hands were just downright cheap. Meaning, cheap material, VERY easy to bend. It would have been nice to get hands with a bit more of a firm metal, but I suspect that those days are over.

Overall, definitely a good product. Recommended!
on August 4, 2012
I paid a premium price over local available Chinese clock movements because this item description said made in USA. I wanted a made in USA part. The Amazon invoice says made in USA, the package label says made in USA, however, the movement case says made in China. I feel misled by the vendor Paylak, Inc. and by Amazon for the incorrect description. So if you too want a USA made part look elsewhere.
on October 1, 2015
Works as advertised... Just be sure your measurements are accurate from what is being replaced. One issue was I had to use a small pair of pliars while my wife held the minute hand in place to tighten the small hollow nut all the way down and lock the minute hand in place. There is another nut if you don't want to use the second hand but I wanted the second hand on it as well.
on March 20, 2015
Got these for christmas gifts I was building and they worked great. However, they are VERY delicate. Almost all of the them broke during travel, and we were making a point to be careful with packing them. Nonetheless, a lot of them broke which was annoying.
on April 5, 2015
Was Disappointed That Item Was Not In Factory Packing , But Maybe Vendor Needed To Ship This Way , Otherwise A Reasonable Purchase , And I Couldn't Find The 1/2" Shaft Length I Needed Elsewhere , So I"ll Live With Minor Issue !
on December 27, 2012
There's a really cool old 1950s clock built in to a cabinet in our vacation rental. The clock hasn't worked in years.
I found these "guts" on Amazon and they were easy to put in. I had to do a little modification 'cause the hole in the
wall where the clock goes was too large. I used an old CD to put behing the clock arms and it looks great! Very
modern.
on February 20, 2016
Worked okay for a few months. Then we moved it and it forgot how to clock. Gravity rather than time was the greatest influence on hand placement. After much tinkering, now the minute hand is accurate, but the hour hand is stuck at 6.
on September 8, 2013
I purchase two of these (first time I got the shaft length wrong).

The movement does not work. Simply attached the hands, put in a battery, and nothing moved. Tested the batters - it was new, but tries another.

Cheap product, probably not worth the effort of returning, but having two of these simply not work right out of that package I will return anyway just to make sure this transaction ends up costing the seller money.