Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clock Movement Quartz Square Straight Black Hands 3/16" Kit
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 16, 2012
I have put several clock hands on my handmade clocks and so far this one is the best. However, I did break the second hand and had to discard it. The diagram of the assembly is on the package. That's fine, if you know how to put them together. But if you just follow the diagram and don't push and adjust everything perfectly, it's not going to work. Even then, it often needs tweaking, especially if you've managed to bend the easily bendable hands. Once you get it to keep time and is hanging straight on the wall, LEAVE IT ALONE! In other words, if it ain't broke don't fix it till it is.

Okay, this is 3 days later. Having broken the second hand, I thought the clock would still keep time. It did, for about 3 hours. Now, no matter what adjustments I make, it's worthless. I'm sad because I liked my clock face of a lighthouse so much. But now the battery is out, the works are in the trash and the clock face is in my miscellaneous art supplies waiting to be transformed into anything but a clock. I had originally given the Movement 3 stars, but I'm dropping it to 1 star. In other words, don't bother.
on March 31, 2011
Complete kit quality is fine; but, once blister packaging is opened, part cannot be repacked for return. No hour hand was included, and they are not interchangeable, as they fit on different parts of the spindle. Had to buy another set, which worked well; had to clip off end of minute hand to fit my clock; no problem doing that. Make sure you scrutinize the plastic pack for proper parts before you open it.
on September 26, 2014
Although confusing to determine the correct movements physical size, shaft length & diameter, I happened to order an exact fit for my old Stag Beer mirror clock found back behind a bunch of stuff in the garage. The old hour & minute hands fit on the new movement perfectly and after shortening the included second hand, it fit like it grew there. Keeps perfect time and looks most excellent.
Also, I received it when they said I would.
Extremely pleasantly surprised!
on October 14, 2012
This clock movement was easy to install and has kept great time. Folks who buy clock movements should be careful about how deep their clock face is. I lucked out and it was perfect, but beware of the distance between clock face and cover.
on July 15, 2010
Works fine, The hands were too long, so I cut them off w/ scissors; tapped them flat, and touched them up w/ black marker. looks like new.
on March 26, 2015
Although an inexpensive motor, it appears to keep perfect time. I used it to replace a wind-up motor in a vintage clock. Although the hands were too long to fit my needs, I was able to easily trim them to the proper size with a pair of heavy duty scissors. A good value for the money.
on May 16, 2013
Good thing I never throw away my $150 clock. It stopped working and I decided to give it a try to buy this part to repair it. It works perfectly, even runs quieter. Great product and instruction is clear.
on January 8, 2013
The dimensions led me to believe it would be a suitable replacement. However I could not used the hands of my old clock on this new one. It would be better if the if it could be designed as a universal "hands" mechanism
on November 1, 2013
We have a beautiful wall clock which stopped working. The retailer we purchased it from had no solution to the problem. After researching the movements available on Amazon we were luck to find one that filled the bill.
on February 23, 2012
This POS loses time far worse than the movement I replaced! Almost 5 hours lost over a few days. When I noticed it losing time after installation, I installed a new battery. No good. Not worth the hassle to try and get a refund, and since I had to clip the hands, probably can't return anyway. Thought Made in USA would mean something WRT quality. 3 others didn't complain about accuracy, so maybe I just got a dud.