5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, decent value
Published 11 months ago by MElise

Published 10 months ago by IRG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, decent value, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Value Pack, Scented, 225 Count (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love these disinfecting wipes, and while a lot of brands make them I think Clorox is by far superior. I like this three pack because it's a decent deal and you get a little bit of variety. Each container is HUGE and will last me a long time. The scent is nice, present but not too strong, and they do a great job of wiping up little messes and with bigger jobs, like when it's time to clean the bathroom or clean out the fridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for all-purpose cleaning, March 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are great. They do a superb job cleaning (we especially use them in the kitchen and bathroom) and disinfecting, and the scent's pleasant too -- not too overpowering, but just enough so it doesn't smell like traditional cleaner. The individual sheets aren't so big they're hard to work with, but not so small you can't get a decent surface area done, either. My only quibble would be that the containers don't keep the wipes from drying out as well as I'd like. They can occasionally be hard to close, and hard to get the sheets to stay in the part where you pull them out. Not that these dry out quickly, but that a more robust container might preserve these even longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great at what it does do well., March 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These wipes clean all the things. I took it into the bathroom, because I was sick of scrubbing the surfaces to get rid of the hard water stains, and soap scum. I clean my bathroom every few days or so, because I hate standing around scrubbing. No more! I can just run a Clorox wipe over the surface, and it comes clean without scrubbing at all. Same goes for cleaning the kitchen. Don't clean walls with it. The paint will come off. It won't clean the tile grout to a nice white. For that, you'll need something more heavy duty. It DOES cut through grease in the kitchen. You know how sometimes (ok, all the time) your stove will get grease deposits along the top of the control panel? A couple of swipes with the disinfecting wipes, and the grease is gone. Not great on glass surfaces. It leaves behind lint. Not great for taking off rust stains.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST, April 2, 2014
Excellent wipes no doubt an hands down. Used for years. They are wayyyy expensive even in bulk but they go a long way. Also ordered the Lysol three pack to try those cause they are cheaper. Haven't used yet. Bleep u posted...
The four instead of five star is because of the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Quick Clean Ups, March 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used these for a long time and I really like the convenience of them. The pop up container is really handy and the wipes do stay moist. I would like to see the wipes just a tiny bit larger but overall these do the job and I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs, rain, you name it we use Clorox wipes for it!, April 3, 2014
K. J. Kober (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
We have been buying Clorox wipes for years for almost any mess around the house. They don't tear and always disinfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential for Any Home with Young Children or Germaphobes, May 13, 2014
J. Perkins (Abingdon, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Best of the disinfecting wipes. We like Clorox wipes more than Lysol wipes. The dispenser is better; the wipes stay in place and don’t fall back down into the container like they tend to do in the Lysol canisters. We also like the Clorox scents better than Lysol’s; they are not too overpowering.

The only downside is that Clorox wipes are usually more expensive than the Lysol wipes.

These wipes are great for wiping down counters, toys, swing sets, doorknobs, and pretty much anything else that stands in your way of being sanitary. They are also good to use when traveling to clean hotel room surfaces and public bathroom surfaces. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging issue and fragrance/scent detract from a useful household cleaning wipe, April 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We basically use these as the household cleaner equivalent of antiseptic handwipes. Wipes are convenient and easy to use so we tend to use them more often to clean up various bits and pieces in the kitchen and bathroom as well as other elements that get a lot of individual hand prints each day (door knobs, metal or plastic handles on dressers,etc. the surfaces of various pieces of furniture not wood).

They are a lot more convenient (albeit not less expensive) than toting around a spray bottle of cleaner and a roll of paper towels or microfiber cloths.

We haven't done any scientific swabbing and testing to find out if these wipes actually disinfect surfaces, so who can say if/how effective they are. But Clorox is a trusted brand, so one starts by assuming they do work.

The two downsides, and why they get three stars, are the scent (The citrus is tolerable; the fresh scent, not so much) and the way they get stuck in the top opening when you try to start them and during ongoing use. Very annoying to have to stick one's fingers in the tight plastic opening to pry stuff out and pull it through. That needs work. I've almost cut myself a few times.

I don't know why companies think everything needs to be scented. I'm highly sensitive and loathe all this scented stuff. Are they trying to mask what they feel is an unpleasant smell?

The size is good and we can use one or two to clean off the work surface of counters in our kitchen and/or to wipe down the sink in the bathroom. Convenience is key as I like being able to wipe down with one item versus paper towels and a spray bottle.

I wish the package were a bit smaller as I'd like to be able to take these with me for train, air travel (although I think I saw them in small packets in a store recently.)

They seemed to stay wet and not dry out in the package, which is good because we've tried other brands that seemed to dry out pretty quickly even in tightly closed packages.

Our trio arrived intact, with no leakage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans and disinfects, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Clorox wipes work great; they're big enough that you don't have to blow through a dozen of them but little enough that I'm not slinging Clorox all over the counters either. I've used these on the Swiffer sweeper to clean the bathroom floor. They fit a little snug but still fit and completely disinfect the bathroom floor. I would recommend these. I go through about one of these in 3 months. If you don't use as often I would worry about them drying out or turn them upside down every so often so the Clorox gets redistributed to the whole rag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Environmentally questionable, but might be worth it!, April 16, 2014
Rebecca Haden (Fayetteville, AR) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to be very opposed to disposable wipes (or disposable anything) as wasteful, costly, and environmentally unfriendly, but I read a discussion of the question from the Center for Science in the Public Interest which made me uncertain about that.

The thing is, sponges just smear bacteria around your kitchen or bathroom, and so do cleaning cloths unless you use a fresh one every day the way great-grandma did. Use fresh-daily cleaning cloths and, between the water and energy and chemicals you use to wash them and the sheer quantity of chemicals you splash around as you use them, you might not be doing something all that environmentally sound after all. Factor in the energy for shipping bottles of liquid vs. these lightweight packages and we might not need to feel any guilt at all.

These are bleach-free (chlorine production is one of the things that really does harm the environment), the perfect size and amount for daily clean up of surfaces, and at 11 cents apiece they're a frugal choice. They're super effective, so you use less product than with a bucket and cloth. They're also so convenient that they make it much more likely that busy people will actually clean their surfaces regularly enough to keep food poisoning at bay. Note that these are disinfecting, not antibacterial, and they're not flushable -- a couple more environmental concerns that don't apply here.

Even if you rely on cleaning cloths and vinegar-baking soda solutions most of the time, it makes sense to keep these on hand for busy times. I saw some earlier reviews that complained about the packaging, but the company has clearly improved. There's no leaking or drying out if you remember to close the package.

Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Value Pack, Scented, 225 Count