Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Thrilling and exciting, I read this in one big gulp. Couldn't wait to finish it, and I'll be waiting for the next book by this author. Fantastic really isn't strong enough, but it's the best word I could think of to describe this book. Read it. Really, you won't be sorry.
on May 30, 2012
I'm struck that the author mentions that he read Lee Child when researching thrillers, because his debut novel's writing reminds me very much of Child.
I read the book in one sitting and am excited to read the next in the series...
on July 13, 2012
As others have noted it does not get interesting for quite a while into the book. Initially I was ok with the main character but not blown away by her. I did grow to like her as the book progressed with her drive and desire to find the truth.

I thought about abandoning the book on a few occassions but then it got better and better. Living in the area, I beleive that some of the twists and turns in this book are almost believable.

Overall, it was a good read after you get about 50% through it. Obviously, something kept me hangin on to get through it.

I expect that this author, now that his first book is out there, will improve and enhance the characters even more.
on July 16, 2012
Stumbled across this for free on Amazon, enjoyed every minute of it. Being from New England, I enjoyed the details about Boston, the suburbs and Lake Winnipesaukee. Stayed up way too late a few nights not wanting to put the book down. Good summer read. I look forward to the next book!
on June 15, 2012
This was was second kindle experience. I found it good escapism. The main character was convincing and I found myself liking Mara Cunningham!! What a lady!! The polt developed quite satisfyingly and the author had researched property deals thoroughly...he lost me!
on May 16, 2012
I had fun reading this book. It only took about two settings to read. The main character, Mara Cunningham, is a likeable mistress who could easily hang with her bull-headed adversaries. The book is fast moving and interesting which made it very easy to read. I can't wait to see what she gets herself into next.
on December 11, 2011
A fast-moving noir thriller with style to spare. Mara Cunningham is an appealing protagonist, who manages to keep her head even when she's in way over it. Too Close to Miss sends her on a ride through Boston, uncovering the details of the attempted murder of her lover (and the successful murder of his wife and son). Too Close to Miss is an exciting and engaging debut novel, worth reading both by fans of the genre and those who would like to give it a try.
on March 6, 2012
Fast paced, taut, and gripping,"Too Close to Miss" is very readable for anyone who likes film noir or crime thrillers or both. I highly recommend it!
on June 4, 2014
I found this a good mystery to read. Once I got to about half way through the book I was unable to put it down and I was upset when I noticed that I had only a couple of percent left to read as I was enjoying it. I could not solve the mystery until quite close to the end which made a nice change.
on March 25, 2013
I am in the process of evaluating writing myself. In doing so, I am reading as much as possible to see what keeps me reading and what puts me to sleep.

This had all the elements to keep me reading. Suspense around each corner. Well written at a very high level. Characters that were believable.

I enjoyed seeing a man write from a woman's perspective.

I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good who done it.