Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Couple of comments: as the movie starts and the opening credits roll, we get dozens of views from the hundreds and thousands of closed circuit TV monitors that litter central London, and my first reaction to that was "who is minding all this information? hello, National Security Agency! but who's watching the NSA?". In that sense, the producers of this movie have been incredibly lucky with the timing of its release as NSA and similar agencies are on the minds of a lot of people, including myself. Second, keep in mind that this is a terrorist/political thriller, and hence that not everything or everyone is what they seem to be. Third, there is not a lot of 'action' in this movie but the movie is paced very tightly and flew by in no time for me.Read more ›
John Crowley (Is Anybody There?) directs Closed Circuit, starring Eric Bana as Martin Rose and Rebecca Hall as Claudia Simmons-Howe. Both Rose and Simmons-Howe, who've had a destructive romantic relationship in the past, take on a high-profile British defendant that allegedly exploded a truck in a public-filled area, killing more than 100 innocent people. However, in the process of looking over the evidence against their defendant, they discover their client might actually be innocent. The incident is a matter of national security, but MI5 is working to keep the detrimental pieces of information a secret and away from the general public. Julia Stiles, Jim Broadbent, and Riz Ahmed also star in supporting roles.Read more ›
With a tightly crafted screenplay by Steven Knight ("Amazing Grace") and capably led by award-winning director John Crowley ("Boy A") this cynical view of international terrorism left me so paranoid I suspected every person on screen with the possible exception of the Queen.
Here are the players:
* Eric Bana ("Munich") is a divorced barrister assigned to take over a case from a colleague who has committed suicide.
* Rebecca Hall ("Iron Man 3") has been assigned the defense of the accused terrorist. BTW, she's the worst thing that ever happened to our divorced barrister.
* Ciarán Hinds ("In Bruges") is a reassuring sounding board for our hero, who has become more and more alarmed as he delves ever deeper into the case.
* Jim Broadbent ("Cloud Atlas") is the Attorney General who reassures us that everything the government does MUST be transparent to its citizens; THAT is how a democracy WORKS.
* Julia Stiles ("The Silver Linings Playbook") is an American journalist who began digging into the case long before our hero, so she is very well informed.
* Denis Moschitto (Lots of TV) is the accused terrorist. Problem is, for some reason the case is so sensitive he isn't allowed to see the charges against him. He is profane, angry and frightened. (And his son is in jeopardy!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This required some focused attention to know what was going on. Not a bad movie but if you're looking to watch something just to kill a couple of hours you'll be lost and bored. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kevin
Although expertly acted throughout, with an intriguing and plausible build-up, Closed Circuit never quite delivers the taught, compelling conclusion it deserves. Read morePublished 1 month ago by John Dye
Good movie; I enjoyed it. Good entertainment for an evening flick.Published 2 months ago by Grace127
likable enough cast, decent enough screenplay but the plot/storyline is beyond boring. This film is a study in droll stereotypes and the Sunday comic section is less predictable. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jeff Altorfer
Eric Bana is good in any roll he takes.Try a movie called Chopper. Rebecca Hall is also a very good actress --she co-stares. Read morePublished 8 months ago by ROCKMAN