Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Style Name: Set of 50|Color: Camel|Change

on July 31, 2011
When I discovered these thin velvet hangers I was very excited - I live in a 1940's house with small closets and with the exception of hangers for my winter coats/jackets, suit jackets and sweaters, I have now replaced ALL my wooden hangers for blouses, camisoles, tank tops, etc. with these in order to:

1- save space
2- avoid having tank tops and camisoles and slinky material blouses slide off

These are sturdy, and the metal hooks seem to be well made. You can twist the metal hook and that's important to me - when I'm taking clothes out of the dryer, or off dry cleaner hangers (I always return them to the cleaners) I grab a hanger, put the top on it, and THEN when I go to hang it on the closet rod can twist the hook so that the fronts of all the tops are facing the same direction.

I bought the BLACK ones initially because they look elegant and I liked (visually) having all those matching hangers with their nice shiny hooks. However, I wear a lot of black tops and given that the closet has no lights in it, I was having to pull out a whole handful of black hangers and black tops at a time to be able to pick the specific camisole or tank that I wanted to wear.

I'm NOT a morning person, so this was really aggravating to me (I know, I know, if I used a flashlight and picked out my outfit the night before and had it hanging on the closet door mornings would be easier.....). So I came back to Amazon to see if the hangers came in a different color that was acceptable to me.

I was thrilled to find this camel color. Now I have ALL my BLACK tops and all my camisoles and tanks of any color on these camel color hangers, and am very happy with them.

WARNING - unless you have a lot of vertical space and need to "cascade" your hangers by attaching each hanger to several others, you do NOT want the Real Simple Slimline Hangers with Built In Hooks. I made the mistake of grabbing a box of them at the bed bath and beyond store without looking carefully at how they were made. I took them home, hung up some camis and tank tops, and found that when you have a few empty ones hanging side by side on the rod and go to grab one they get stuck together as you try to pull them out individually. I have now replaced all of them with this type. I haven't seen the Real Simple ones with hooks on Amazon - if I ever do see them I'll write a review warning about this feature.

If you have some tops that you wash but don't put in the dryer, or tops that you put in the dryer only briefly in order to get the wrinkles out, then hang up to dry, get a set of these use to hang wet or damp clothes to dry. They are cheap, but they work. Unfortunately, you have to buy them in sets with mixed colors. They are shipped straight as in the picture, but you can easily bend them to the shape you want:

Trademark Home Garment Saving Adjustable Foam Hangers, Set of 5

Another item for hanging things that is really good is this hanger for bras and panties (putting them in the dryer degrades the elastic so I always hang them up and they dry overnight):

Honey-Can-Do Clothes Drying Hanger Rack with 12 Clips, Chrome
on June 16, 2011
Some of the hangers were broken in the box when we received them. Other hangers literally snapped in yours hands as soon as you tried to hang clothing on them...we were not handling them in a rough manner, just normally hanging clothing with them...any amount of weight made some of them break. Previously bought the exact style (but not the same brand) of velvet hanger at Walgreen's and they have not broken...much better quality. Would not purchase this brand again.
44 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2010
I became hooked on these hangers after purchasing a box of 50 of the regular ultra-thin no slip hangers. These type of velvet hangers are just fantastic. The clothing stays put, exactly how it is placed on the hanger. No more sliding off or bumpy shoulders. They are not much thicker than a wire hanger so they do take up less space. The top hook is strong metal and swivels (a great feature for me, as I like to hang garments in front of an open window to air out). The only downside to any velvet-covered hanger is that they cannot get wet, but I don't have an issue with this.

There is an added benefit to these particular hangers vs. the regular velvet hangers for me. As a petite woman who wears fitted tops and dresses, I would sometimes have difficulty getting the regular sized hangers through the neck-hole without having to pull and stretch on the fabric. Without the bottom bar, these hangers easily slip into a very small opening, without having to manipulate the fabric or put the hanger through the bottom - A nice bonus I hadn't even considered. Try these and you too will be hooked. They are simply the best hanger you can buy!
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
I'm very happy with these hangers. I mean, not happy like winning the lotto or waking up in a villa in Hawaii, but happy in a "I finally bought something that solved the problem and wasn't too much money" sort of way. No offense, hangers, but I do have other things to be happy about.

I have a lot of clothes [Read: my husband is considering a professional intervention] and many items with slender straps or silky fabric. I have tired many kinds of hangers. I don't mean anything fancy, just the standard drycleaner wire models to the plastic junk they give you free with Old Navy sale items. I never really wanted to trouble myself with the hassle or expense of changing them all out to new ones until recently. It was a glorious Eureka moment that struck me following a spitting, swearing moment after I had struggled with keeping my clothes off the floor and untangling items from nasty bits of metal.

Initially I was seeking something with the cutouts that hold the straps, but these don't solve the problem of garments with silky fabric falling off the hanger. They're hard to get some straps into and others out of. Not to mention too bulky/thick and usually really expensive. In a nutshell, the new hangers had to keep the debt collectors away and work better than anything I have used to date.

Success.

These hangers do a great job with both requirements and add a nice third benefit that I had overlooked during my search: They don't create those nasty stretched shoulders in my stretchy shirts that the old hangers did. The curved "shoulders" on these hangers help the clothes hang more naturally, without those sharp corners that wreck shirts, and the velvet-esque covering holds them in place. And they are so thin that I didn't lose valuable closet space. Still plenty of room and now my husband thinks the closet looks really nice with the matching hangers. HE wants some now too.

Some may think it a downside that they are slightly wider (not thicker) than my (now donated) old wire hangers. Doesn't bother me; I have just learned to insert one side further into the sleeve on one side of the garment to keep from stretching the collar to accommodate the hanger. I am sure someone on Amazon has complained about this, but I suppose it's all relative to the kind of lives we lead in this age of convenience.

I am glad to say that these hangers exceeded my expectations and it's my pleasure to share a positive review.

Summary: No hang ups with these hangers. Sorry, couldn't resist.
55 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2010
I was concerned that these would stretch the shoulders of my tops. As far as I can see, that isn't a problem. These hangers do make a difference in closet space. My shirts do not slide off, even the wide necked tops. It's great for handling tank tops as well. They are light weight and I am not sure how they would do with mens polo shirts.

Update: Several months later, still no pulls on the shoulders of my tops.
on May 17, 2013
I read reviews and, in quick need of hangers, thought, "they can't be that bad,". Well, they are. Four arrived with metal hanger portion broken from just rattling around in a well packed shipping box. Eight broke while I was hanging light weight linen tops and pants. You breathe. They break. Today I touched one and the hanger itself split. I am not hanging anything at all heavy. Recently purchased very similar but sturdy hangers from Dollar Tree, 4/$1.00. And, WalMart 5/$3.00. These are an affront to Amazon's reputation and a waste of anyone's hard-earned dollars.
on March 4, 2011
Do not buy these hangers. I was delighted to find these hangers. I like the non slip surface, however, they break easily. What a disappointment!
on January 14, 2013
These hangers are worthless, and even put holes in your garbage bag when you throw them away.
They are even pre broke when you buy them.
I bought like 75 of them last spring, and a year later I have maybe 15 left, and only because they are in the back of my closet.
Save your money, and find better hangers, this brand, and others that sell the same under different names should be banned from Amazon.
Cheap, not when you have to buy more soon after.
review image
on November 19, 2010
I used to see these hangers on infomercials and I'd think, "wow, what could be so darned great about hangers?" okay, these are fabulous hangers! They're thin, so you can fit more in your closet. Their shape prevents the shoulder humps that women sometimes find in blouses and sweaters that have been hanging in their closets, and the flocking on the hangers keeps almost everything from falling off! I just bought my second set because i just can't stop replacing my old hangers now!
on April 12, 2011
I watched these hangers online for months, but was reluctant to order them. Actually, I could kick myself for waiting this long to place my order. Indeed, they are the perfect invention and only take up one-fourth the space in your as opposed to plastic hangers. I would advise anyone to order them. Try the first fifty and I promise you will be amazed at the spaciousness of your closet. I've ordered an additional one-hundred and fifty velvet hangers simply because I refuse to utilize thick plastic hangers ever again.