Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $17.81 shipping
+ $24.36 shipping
ClosetMaid 8984 2-Drawer Stackable Organizer, White
|Price:||$78.13 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Provides concealed storage space; Plastic drawer glides included
- Suggest use with other Stackable Organizers
- Available in a variety of finishes/colors
- Easy to assemble
- Material: Laminated wood; CARB 93120 Compliant
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I've assembled a lot of furniture of this ilk over the years, and it is about par for the course--not too bad, but with one notable exception: someone skimped on the assembly diagrams in a big way. They have such poor resolution that important areas enlarged for clarity are a choppy mess, and impossible to decipher. It surprises me that this has not been corrected, given that this product has been on the market for years. The text instructions were fine, but unfortunately did not cover everything. I had to uninstall and re-install one piece because of the impossible-to-decipher diagrams. That was irritating and unnecessary.
These are typical particle board and melamine veneer construction, acceptable for closet organization but certainly not high-end. I would say they are a bit overpriced for what you get. $25 or so would be more appropriate.
All the pre-drilled holes, etc, lined up, and the hardware was sturdy enough for the job. I did not feel the need to substitute sturdier hardware, which I almost always do.Read more ›
Also, the instructions were incorrect. The instructions that were included with my package said to attach the drawer glides with the closed end towards the unfinished edge of the drawer and the open end towards the finished edge. I think it is actually the other way around. You want the closed end towards the finished edge so that it acts as a drawer stopper once you screw in the plastic screw - the screw will stop against the closed end. Once I changed that, the drawers sat better in the unit. I think I should have put the money towards a better chest of drawers, but it's fine for now.
- Despite the poor instructions, once you figure the first one out (the more thorough instructions from the Target version helped) the rest are easy. I can slap one together in ~20mins now.
- Don't use the included nails. They're too big for the 1/2" particle boards. Even if you hammer them in straight, it'll cause a bulge in the frame. If you hit the nail at an angle, you'll blow through the side and ruin your cabinet. The secret here is using a staple gun. Do yourself a favor and grab a cheap staple gun with 1/2" staples and you can staple the bottoms of the drawers to the frame. Using staples is more precise, they're thinner so as to not cause any bulging, and exponentially faster. I line up all of the drawers and staple the bottoms to the frame in about 2mins.Read more ›
It took me about 20 minutes to erect after sorting. I'm glad that I read the earlter feedback about the shortage of nails. All I did was space-out the nails so there were enough for the bottom and back panels.
For value and practically, I rate it 5 stars. Ease of construction, 4 stars. For free shipping, 5 stars. Overall, I still think 5 stars says it all.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Giving it a 3 stars for ERROR ON THE INSTRUCTIONS. Step 2 was drawn incorrectly, it would be impossible if you try to follow its instructions.Published 9 months ago by Vincent
Good looking unit for the price, but it is particle board and is not recommended for daily use...Published 21 months ago by Daniel Stephens
I love my units. Just wished they would send decent brackets with them to hold them to the wall. It is adequate to hold underwear and socks along with some pj's. Read morePublished 23 months ago by S. Yoder
I put 2 of these cabinets side by side with a 31 inch closetmaid horizontal organizer on top to hold folded sweaters and shoes inside my closet and it works great! Read morePublished on April 16, 2014 by dg
Came quick, complete, and easy to put together. We had a spot in our bedroom for an additional set of drawers, this fit the bill. Read morePublished on February 24, 2014 by Richard