Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ClosetMaid 8696 6-Cube Organizer, Cherry Finish
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2009
I bought two of these 6-cube organizers for my closet. I wanted something more substantial than plastic, a solid surface rather than wire, less expensive than wood, and the ability to have drawers or use them as open storage. They're perfect for sweaters, t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, purses, etc. The cubes are a good size - not too big so you don't have wasted space and not too small for bulkier sweaters or sweatshirts. With the cute drawers you can buy separately, they're also great for storing socks, hats, gloves, scarves. I could see how they'd be great organizers for people who do crafts, or for kids toys, office supplies, laundry supplies, linens, bathroom supplies. And they seem sturdy enough for books as well. They were easy to put together once I figured out how things connect together. It took me less than 30 minutes for the first one, and maybe 15 for the second. I did use a power drill with a driver bit for the screws, but that's because I'm lazy and it's faster that way. Nailing the cardboard backing on took more time than expected because there are so many small nails to hold the pieces in place, but that does make the backings sturdier. All the pre-drilled holes lined up correctly, all the dowels fit properly. The plastic screw covers stay on if you tap them with a hammer to set them in place. It is laminate on particle-board, so you aren't getting fine furniture, but these are great for getting the most out of your closet space. I'll definitely be buying more of these or some of the other cube configurations for my other closets.
on February 18, 2016
It was shipped and received much faster than expected. The shipping box got damaged, but the item was not damaged as there was some air pads around it and it's inside another box with little movement. The assembly directions were very well written and easy to follow. The hardware was in separate bags, making them easy to identify. It took me about 1 hour to assemble this. It fit horizontally inside my child's closet and I am using it with the ClosetMaid 1530 Cubeicals Fabric Drawers.
on March 14, 2010
I love using these as bookcases, since they won't warp under the weight of even the heaviest textbooks. I've used three of the 8-cube organizers for nearly a decade, and they've survived numerous moves across the country. I recently bought this 6-cube organizer to fit into an odd nook in my home office, and I was pleased to see that it matches my previous organizers.

These are obviously particle board with laminate, but they are good quality and they are sturdy. They are very easy to put together, and assembly takes less than 20 minutes if you use an electric screwdriver. I don't bother with the screw covers, since they fall off easily.

It's important to note that the maple color has been discontinued, so pick a different color if you want to be able to expand your collection in the future. The alder color seems to be ClosetMaid's replacement in the same general color family, but it definitely doesn't match the maple organizers.

If you want to save money, check Target, Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot before buying these online. Obviously, Amazon's shipping cost has to get wrapped into the price somehow, and these cost $20-$30 to ship due to their weight.
on July 25, 2008
I love this product. Got mine on sale at Target for $40. Super easy to put together. My 4-yr-old helped me. Looks great in the kids' room with the little fabric drawers that sell separately. I'm thinking about buying another.
on June 30, 2009
I bought it for my daughters room and it's perfect. It holds books, toys, etc. It does the job. Good price too!
on January 22, 2013
I went to target and saw this in the box for around $45 and quickly scanned it on my phone to check out the reviews.

It has the perfect dimensions for what I wanted it for, and the reviews seemed to indicate that it was good quality.

Well when I opened it up I found some of the pieces to be scratched up which I didn't really care, the scratches weren't deep.

The instructions were OK I managed to get the thing together in about 20 minutes.

The thing that bothered me the most though is the quality, it feels like its made from very cheap particle board (because I assume it probably is).

I've noticed that amazon has a "Newer Model" I can't vouch for the quality on that one. But from the photos it appears to be exactly the same as this one. I wouldn't expect much of a difference.

The "Thick laminated wood" is not real wood. If you are looking for something that will look and feel nice. Look elsewhere, If you're just looking for something that's just cheap and provides storage functionality than this is your product.
on September 26, 2010
We bought this six-cube organizer to get some order out of the toy chaos in our living room/play area. With the sturdy (and not cheap-looking) fabric boxes which I color coordinated with the colors in my living room, this organizer turns into a great and stylish unit for organizing and packing up kid's toys, books and games. It meshes with my furniture and color scheme so you barely notice it, and an added bonus is that my kids know exactly where to find specific toys instead of having to dig around in a huge messy toy-box. For the price ($40), it serves a great purpose and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. One minor peeve is that it didn't come with any boxes - you have to purchase those separately so factor that into your cost.
on January 15, 2014
I got this because it looked good and it was what I needed for the home office to put binders and notebooks. Wrong.......the shelves are just a tiny bit too small for a regular size binder to fit. What were they thinking? If the opening was one inch more the binders and notebooks would fit but now I have to lie them down rather than stand them up. I guess it's not made for office use which is a shame because it would be a great idea.
on May 2, 2015
This was so easy to put together and works perfectly for my yarn storage. Will purchase a couple more.
on December 9, 2014
Bought these to organize items in different rooms and just love them, very easy to put together.