Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.76 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ClosetMaid 8987 Stackable 3-Shelf Organizer, White
|Price:||$23.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$4.02 (14%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- **PLEASE NOTE: When opening this box, please make sure to remove all pieces before discarding the box. The back panel is usually pressed against the side of the box.**
- The three spacious shelves with enclosed back is great for your closet or in your office. Ideal for storing folded garments or books.
- Features two adjustable shelves. The openings in this organizer will NOT accomodate the Cubeicals® Fabric Drawers.
- Works great with other ClosetMaid Stackable Organizers.
- Easy to assemble. Made with laminated wood. This product is CARB 93120 Compliant - Phase II.
- Measures 31.5 inches high by 12.125 inches wide by 11.625 inches deep.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Color: White | Package Quantity: 1
Compare to Similar Items
This item: ClosetMaid 8987 Stackable 3-Shelf Organizer, White
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||Wood Laminate||Information Not Available||Other||Wood Laminate|
|Dimensions||31.5 inches x 11.7 inches x 12.2 inches||35.9 inches x 11.7 inches x 35.9 inches||16.34 inches x 6 inches x 23.98 inches||31.5 inches x 11.7 inches x 12.1 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
We took the coats OUT, assembled these by stacking them 2 x 2 (two on the bottom, two on the top). They turned out GREAT for their purpose (we're using them for overflow cabinets to keep extra supplements, tea, coffee, etc.).
Here are our tips:
1. Use Gorilla Glue as you assemble the outside structure. Makes them much, much stronger.
2. Use a power drill/screw gun, rather than just a screwdriver, to assemble--speeds it up and you'll get a better fit.
3. Make sure the finished edges are facing outward and upward (you'll see what I mean). The unfinished edge is the bottom.
4. Work on a hard floor to get a good, square assembly. Verify everything's "squared" before you nail on the cardboard backing.
5. We glued all parts of the bottom shelves together. On the top shelving units, we DID NOT glue the bottom shelf in place. We DID assemble it and then nailed the backing on the top shelving unit, EXCEPT for the very bottom shelf, which we then removed before stacking the units. Why did we do this? Just to get two "free" shelves, which we were able to install with some extra shelving brackets we had on hand. I'll post a photo in a few days so you can see what I mean (photo posted 4/7/14: see "Customer Images").
6. Use the dowels provided to "stack." If you want a permanent installation, Gorilla Glue the top unit to the bottom.Read more ›
Also, just a warning to people: Above you may see that those square cloth drawers are frequently purchased with this item. However, they do not fit in it! This is just intended to be a shelf - notice none of the actual product photos show it with those drawers in it. You can fit two in it (see my photo), but the holes they provide to adjust the shelves don't work for that height, so you'll have to make your own holes or what I did - run screws in from the sides to permanently attach the drawers where needed.
However, if you take the time to tighten down the screws with a power screwdriver or drill with screwdriver bit attachment, it's a very solid unit and quite sturdy. My only other complaint is that the shelf supports are so slick that the shelves will slide right off them when you pull out a drawer. If I'd had a router, I would have put shallow grooves for the shelf support "tabs" to sit in, but as I did not, I settled for laying a single layer of electrical tape on the tops of these tabs. The tape's rubbery surface added enough friction that my lightly-filled drawers no longer pull the shelves clean out, but if you're planning on loading the drawers with something heavier than hats, mittens and scarves, I'd get a friend to router out the grooves or find another way to secure the shelves.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's crap!! The wood is cheap, the screws are cheap, and the shelf is half made of cardboard. It sways if you touch it.Published 23 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I ordered two of these to use as nightstands. They're the perfect size, and they look really nice next to my brown bedspread. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Lauren
I have just received this item today and it is so damaged !! I didn't even feel like finishing putting it together ,because why would I anyway ?
Very disappointed !! Read more
Used this as a bed side table and it works great. Easy to put together and very sturdy.Published 2 days ago by Nessabean
My mistake for not reading dimensions! This CANNOT hold three standard cloth storage bins. It is wide enough, but not tall enough. It wobbles. It was easy to assemble - 8 screws. Read morePublished 2 days ago by S. Connell