4.0 out of 5 stars A "must-have" that our baby loves and so do we!
My mom was going to purchase a sleep sheep for our baby (her first grandchild), but I didn't care for one. One of the couples in our childbirth prep class had the sleep sheep on the go on their stroller and expressed that it's been a lifesaver for them.
Published on February 21, 2010 by SanLoMommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Skip the Giraffe and go for the Sheep
Published on June 10, 2010 by Style Savvy Teacher

3.0 out of 5 stars Skip the Giraffe and go for the Sheep, June 10, 2010
This review is from: Cloud b Gentle Giraffe On The Go Travel Sound Machine with Four Soothing Sounds (Baby Product)
I bought the Gentle Giraffe because I thought it was cuter and more unique than the Sleep Sheep. However, many of the sounds on this are more suitable for play than relax/sleep. The "giraffe" noises on the first two selections jarred my son when he was trying to sleep. We didn't like the heartbeat--he didn't find it soothing--so we just used "Victoria Falls" (the water sound) which worked OK, but is nothing special. I think the sounds on the Sleep Sheep To Go are much more relaxing and pleasant and they have worked much more effectively for my son. It's a shame you can't get the good sounds in the cute giraffe, but oh well. Maybe my little guy will like his giraffe more when he gets a little bigger.

4.0 out of 5 stars A "must-have" that our baby loves and so do we!, February 21, 2010
I found Gentle Giraffe on the Go on the Cloud B website and was interested in it over the sheep. We don't go anywhere without it and we regret the one time we forgot to put it back on the carseat. The sleep button/sounds was our favorite and is so effective it would put my husband and I to sleep too! We got our baby accustomed to the play sound because it was hard to have the sleep sound on while in the car driving when the sleep sound makes you sleepy. Our baby never cared for the calm and relax sounds. Regardless, we wish we had this from day 1. While he is in his swing, it's the sounds of Gentle Giraffe on the Go not the Nature Sounds playing from the swing that put him to sleep. We love this product so much, we recently purchased the full size one for his play yard at Grandma's house.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great baby product that soothes and prevents fussiness, December 30, 2010
I purchased the giraffe instead of the sheep or the dolphin because my son loves Sophie the giraffe. I also bought it to replace the LeapFrog Learning Baby Tad which has a night mode. The LeapFrog only has 2 volume settings and low was almost as loud as high.

PROS:
-The volume can be changed with the volume dial
-Sleep timer: 23 and 45 minutes
-4 sound tracks: safari with drum beats, jungle waterfall with a frog, white noise track and heartbeat.
-Removable sound box; you can wash the giraffe and keep it clean (unlike LeapFrog)! It measures 4.5"x3"x0.9" and weights 5.3oz
-The velcro straps are long enough (6"x2) to attach the giraffe to a crib and hang it
When I put him to sleep or when he starts to fuss, I pick one of the soundtracks and play it for 23 minutes. The sound track helps him fall asleep.

CONS:
-So far none

I would definitely recommend it to new moms! A must have!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this giraffe, July 16, 2011
SkyeNoir (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
We love the giraffe, and our baby loves it, too. We use the white noise sound the most because it sounds like a fan humming. We turn it on every time our baby goes to sleep, whether a nap or at night. Two things I don't like that cause me to not give it five stars. I wish it had an option to let it run continuously. I am sure this is to save batteries, but it would be nice to have that setting as an option because sometimes my baby wakes up when the timer is done. Second, I wish there was an easy on/off switch. If you want to turn it off, you have to turn the volume knob all the way down and off. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to not have to turn it back on with the volume knob because then you have to readjust the volume next time you use the giraffe. It is convenient that the battery pack comes out easily so the giraffe can be washed, and this version comes with a velcro loop to attach him to a car seat or elsewhere. One of the sounds is a jungle drum beat with giraffe sounds mixed in. I can't say I had any idea what a giraffe sounded like before I heard this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - great baby gift!, September 6, 2011
I was given the large version of the Cloud B Gentle Giraffe for my son. It has 4 great sound settings - including our favorite white noise, "relax" setting. It is soft and snuggly. My son loves it. He is now 2 and has a baby sister. We tried taking this out of his crib and giving it to her, but he refuses to go to bed with out "mine 'raffe."

I've found that this smaller size version makes a fantastic baby gift and is easier to transport on trips to grandma's house. I've purchased this through Amazon to give as a gift several times, and it has gotten rave reviews from everyone. Since my 2 yr old isn't ready to part with his, I'll be getting another one for my daughter. Also comes in a little lamb version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver!!, January 7, 2011
We received this as a baby shower gift and this is one of the things we have used most!
Our son is 7 months old now and have used it daily. He was a really fussy baby, but this giraffe has helped calm him on multiple occassions. If he ever gets a little fussy from being awake too long or fighting sleep, this is the sure-fire way to get him to sleep. Simply lay him in the crib, turn the "sleep"/white noise sound on and he is out! This was also a great choice for traveling. For the first few months of his life, he hated his car seat and would scream every time we put him in it. We finally got to where we would put the giraffe in his lap with the noise on and he'll go to sleep in no time. It's also great for trips to grandma's or anywhere he may be napping in a strange place-- a great "home away from home" comfort for him.
With multiple uses per day, we've only had to replace the batteries once in the 7 months we've had it. It's great because it has two timer settings- the option of the automatic shut-off timer being at 23 or 45 minutes.
Very soft material.
The "on-the-go" size is perfect for every day use. It was larger than I expected a travel-size to be-- about the same size as my newborn.
Worth every penny. I am considering buying this for other friends that are expecting.

3.0 out of 5 stars great, but not loud enough, December 6, 2009
We bought this because our daughter really needs white noise to fall asleep and we were having difficulties when we would go to friends or relatives homes with her. We really like it, but it is not nearly loud enough to calm her down when she gets into a strong cry...so we use it basically after she is calm to help her stay that way or to fall asleep. I use the play sound whenever I walk her in the stroller and the sleep or calm sounds when we are in the car. She loves it. It is the first thing she grabbed and now she is constantly holding or sucking on it's tale like it is her little friend. She is just over two months.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, May 11, 2014
I do not know why what I ordered is not the same shape and size. I had purchased this giraffe before and it looks just like the photo. Thank goodness my family still has it for my niece who is now a year old. I just told them to use this new one for the sound box. The new one has much shorter legs and is stubby and fat...does not look as much like a giraffe. I tried to order again from a different company and got the same stubby version that does not resemble the photo. I then ordered the regular sized one and THAT one is too large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it for long car rides, August 8, 2010
E. Perlin "elizzyp" (Carpinteria, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We travel monthly on a 5 hour each way road trip. We have used white noise in her crib since day one so attached this giraffe to a head rest to give it a try for the drive. My daughter (now 2) has loved her giraffe for over a year. I wish I thought of it sooner! She looks forward to the soothing safari sounds which help relax her -- and for me to drive in peace for a couple of hours.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, good product, November 24, 2013
Love the Cloud B products... but, the sound machine didn't fit into this giraffe's pocket.
I actually ripped the fabric trying to maneuver it into position.
Still a cute stuffed animal for our circus theme.
And, in reality, we never really used the sound machine in the animal for our other kids (we would either just take the animal, or just the sound machine).