1,077 Reviews

This item is a WONDERFUL idea, but it has two key flaws:

Published on April 4, 2008 by Victorian house renovator

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful companion and sleep aide, August 19, 2007
Mark Smith (Little Rock, AR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
Our two year old got one of these as an infant and the 'rain' noise has been a staple to help him fall asleep since. His "Sheepie" is a close companion even when the noise is not playing. We bought another one just last week to give as a baby gift, and found that they had upgraded a little. Our sleep sheep only plays 23 minutes of noise, but the newer model give you the option of the noise lasting 23 minutes or 45 minutes. That's a nice addition, as the 23 minutes sometimes is too short. We have machine washed and dried this MANY times and it seems to be standing up to the beatings a washing machine can give a stuffed animal.

4.0 out of 5 stars soft, sweet and can attach to anything..., July 2, 2009
Shannon B Davis "Nepenthe" (Arlington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:35 Mins

The adorable sleep sheep attaches to the side of baby's sleeping area and plays four soothing sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars darn cute, July 2, 2009
Shannon B Davis "Nepenthe" (Arlington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:25 Mins

This baby/kids toy is really adorable, especially with the ultra-popular jungle nursery theme. The toy is soft, and cute, and quite a bit larger than expected. I enjoyed the sounds that it makes. The sound box took a bit of engineering to install, but once it's in, it's probably hard to get out! The video shows the features and you can hear the sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Best Friend!, February 15, 2007
Hoopty Frood (Toront, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
The Sleep Sheep has been a godsend in helping my baby (age three months) sleep. After tracking my baby's internal sleeping schedule, I incorporated the Sheep into our nap and bedtime routine. After only two days, I'm able to lay him in his crib while he's still awake, and he falls asleep on his own.

This has been the best sleep aid product that I've bought. The sounds play on a nice, long cycle. The timing was a problem with other products I tried to use. These items had an auto-shutoff at around five minutes, which was nowhere near enough time for my little one to settle. As well, I like that the Sheep has volume control.

All in all, this is a great item. I'm planning to buy one for my friends that are expecting babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves her Giraffe!, September 23, 2010
My daughter is 5-months old and we've had the Cloud B Gentle Giraffe for 4 months now. My daughter would soothe quickly with white noise when she was an infant... some babies need pacifiers, some need a rocking motion, mine needed noise. We took a trip to Florida when she was a month old and not a day went by that I wasn't wishing I had a portable white noise machine for her. As soon as we returned home after mulling it over a bit, I ordered the Gentle Giraffe. I chose the Gentle Giraffe instead of the Sleep Sheep by Cloud B because I liked the description of the safari sounds and it's a little cuter. I love the long neck, because it's been easy for her to get her arms around. She could hold and hug it even when she was much smaller. The fabric is very soft and the Giraffe is approximately 18" tall (I'm guessing, since it was about as tall as she was when we got it).

Let's get down to the features:
The sound box is a snug fit and is held in place in the back with velcro, it takes 2 AA batteries. When we went to the fair I actually just popped out the sound box to have with us for the day since I didn't want the Gentle Giraffe around all the dirt, dust and animals. There is a velcro loop on the back of the Giraffe so you can easily attach it to a crib (have the giraffe hanging on the outside), pack and play, stroller, car seat, or anywhere you can find a spot to wrap the loop around. There is a volume control dial on the back, I usually use it at half volume in her nursery, but do have to max it when we're in louder places (car, shopping, etc). You can choose between 23 and 45 minute sleep timers and 4 different sound tracks. There is a safari sounding track with drum beats, a more mellow jungle waterfall/rain track with a frog, a white noise track and a heartbeat track. I use the white noise track for sleep and she loves the drum beats track, it is labeled as play, but the repetition helps calm her and lull her to sleep as well.

Since purchasing the Gentle Giraffe I see they have ones for travel which run just a little smaller, I'm not sure if I'd actually trade which one I purchased though. We have no retailer in the area that sells the Cloud B products, I ordered mine from Amazon. If you get a chance to look at them, the size is the only drawback and you may want the smaller one instead. The Giraffe is rather large for a stuffed animal intended for an infant and to be portable. I'd rather have it though than to be without it.

Other reviewers have mentioned issues with the Giraffe's mane, I have not experienced any problems with it so far. She's only been in the put everything in my mouth phase for a month or so now though, maybe that will change.

Just a follow up: my daughter is now 23 months old and STILL loves her giraffe and sleeps with him nightly. We never experienced mane problems like others have mentioned. Her "jaffe" goes to bed with her nightly, cuddled up close, and is dragged around with her during the day along with a pooh bear. I would definitely purchase this again (and will if hers ever died somehow) and the size is perfect now that she's a bit older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service!, January 20, 2011
I purchased a sleep sheep for our six month old daughter for Christmas. We loved how cuddly it was, and the white noise was perfect for helping to drown out the noise from her three older siblings during nap time. I was SO bummed when it quit working about a week after we had it. New batteries didn't remedy the problem, so I e-mailed Cloud B to ask if we could buy a new sound box. They returned my e-mail promplty and asked what my address was. Within about five days, we had a brand new sleep sheep arrive on our doorstep! If that isn't great customer service, I don't know what is!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful idea...but imperfect execution, April 4, 2008
This item is a WONDERFUL idea, but it has two key flaws:

1) there isn't a continuous play mode!! There are only two timed options (23 and 45 min), then the sound turns off. My newborn needed the sound maintained continuously to STAY asleep, not just to FALL asleep. Thus, we would have to keep pressing the button over and over, waking up ourselves when the sound would turn off to keep her from waking up - beyond annoying.

2) the full-size model is enormous - you do not need anything larger than the "on-the-go" or travel model, so why make this so big? To charge more, that's why.

I gave it two stars because it has so much potential to be a fabulous product:

--the sheep is adorable, soft, and it is great to be able to hang it from ANYWHERE with the velcro loop. Plus, it is battery operated, which is a huge blessing (batteries are pre-installed, and are very long lasting - we did not replace ours over three+ months of use).

--the way the sound "machine" is removable from the body of the sheep is ingenious. This way, you can wash the sheep and reinsert the machine when dry.

--LOVE the volume control: it's a dial, so you have complete control (not just low and high like so many children's products today).

--The rain sound is the closest to generic "white noise."

--This model (the original, or larger model) has the heartbeat sound, crucial for newborns.

This product would be perfect with a 1) continuous play mode and 2) a smaller size (e.g., the travel "on-the-go" size). The latter, of course, would bring the price down equal to the travel size, which is what this product is worth, imo.

Due to these factors, you are better off with Brookstone's sound machine, which has not only timed settings, but also continuous play, AND all the sounds you really need: heartbeat, in-utero (weird sloshing sound with "glub-glubs"), white noise, automobile and more. It's not cute and plush (and you have to plug it in w/ battery backup), but is WORKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another solid product from the Cloud b line, June 24, 2009
We bought the Sleep Sheep, Twilight Turtle, & Lavender Lab for our daughter who is now 3 months old. All of the products are all well-made & worthy purchases. We've been using the Twilight Turtle since day 1 & it's been a LIFESAVER on many occassions. All we need to do is turn off the lights & put this on & she immediately quiets down when she's overtired & over-stimulated. Usually she quiets down within 5 minutes & loves looking at the moon & stars.

I just started putting the sheep next to her in her pack & play at night. I'd coslept with her since she came home from the hospital, but now that I'm back to work, I'm trying to get her to sleep on her own. As anyone who's coslept knows, it's NOT an easy habit to break. The Sleep Sheep has really helped soothe my daughter. I just put it on the heartbeat sound & put it nearby. Maybe she feels like she's still sleeping close to me. I love that it stays on for a considerable time & automatically shuts off without me having to worry about getting up to turn it off myself. We go through dozens of batteries in our house so anything with an automatic shut-off is a huge help, especially at nighttime! It also has a volume control which is another nice feature. I had it on last night & not only did it lull my daughter to sleep, but I found it made me sleepy too!

I definitely recommend buying any of these products with confidence. Can't say too much about the Lavendar Lab as she's still a little too young to appreciate stuffed animals just yet, but I'd happily give any of these items as gifts of recommend them to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars FREAKING GENIUS!!, January 23, 2011
We bought this for our little one for Christmas as just a side thing he might like....little did we know he'd be OBSESSED with his! He was about 4 months old when we bought this and now, on those nights where he's crying because he's overtired, this works like a charm. It instantly quiets him! We now keep it in his crib and turn it on every night before he goes to sleep. He LOVES the white noise and the heart beat. (Out of all the heart beat simulations I've heard on different toys, this is by far the most realistic one and comforts him the best). The other two noises (one's animal noises and the other is animal noises with a little beat to it) are really cute and sweet for playtime. He seems to enjoy those a lot too! The giraffe is SO CUTE and soft and now that he's 5 months old, he's started holding onto it for dear life, nuzzle into it, and play with the fur on the back of the neck. We're actually going to buy a small "on-the-go" one now for his car seat!

It has an awesome feature that lets you choose if you want it to run for 20 min or 45 min which has been really great. The volume has a vast range too and these two features together has been really helpful as babies don't always want the same things every single time. People have been complaining about getting the sound box into the stuffed animal (one person even said it didn't fit) and while it is a snug fit, you're an idiot if you can't get it in (I'm not the Incredible Hulk...in fact I'm a pretty petite woman.. and somehow I managed just fine) and fault the company for it. Personally, I don't want a box falling out and hitting my baby in the head so I'm glad it fits tightly and has the extra strap over it to keep it in. Getting it out doesn't seem like it would be a problem either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, July 9, 2009
This Sleep Sheep is so cute and cuddly. I love that is has four different sounds and they are all soothing. I use it for his naps and bedtime. It attaches nicely to his pack n play. It has two time settings (23 and 45 minutes) and volume control. He is usually asleep before the 23 minute setting stops. I'll confess, I have even fallen asleep to the rhythmic heartbeat. Definitely worth every penny.