Cloud networking is revolutionizing the way IT and networked services are delivered. As a result, thousands of executives, investors, marketers, and other business and technical professionals have found that their understanding of networking is now outdated. For many of these individuals, typical cloud networking books are far too technical and detailed. Cloud Networking Simplified is the solution.
This uniquely visual and intuitive primer presents high-level accessible answers through brief, illustrated sections packed with easy-to-understand, full-color diagrams and infographics — in essence, a “chalk-talk approach” in which each 1-4 page section demonstrates a single concept. It has been designed from the ground up to provide a starting point for everyone who needs to understand the fundamentals of the cloud networking revolution: both the business and the technology. The authors provide a birds-eye view of topics including:
- Cloud concepts, definitions, solutions, technologies, components, applications, and business models
- The business case for customers, and the business/technical drivers of cloud networking
- Answers to elementary questions such as: “What happens to my data in the cloud?”
- Practical insights about SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and private/public/hybrid clouds
- Essential primers on securing clouds and managing them on a day-to-day basis