5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful companion and sleep aide

Published on April 4, 2008 by Victorian house renovator

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful companion and sleep aide, August 19, 2007
Mark Smith (Little Rock, AR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
Our two year old got one of these as an infant and the 'rain' noise has been a staple to help him fall asleep since. His "Sheepie" is a close companion even when the noise is not playing. We bought another one just last week to give as a baby gift, and found that they had upgraded a little. Our sleep sheep only plays 23 minutes of noise, but the newer model give you the option of the noise lasting 23 minutes or 45 minutes. That's a nice addition, as the 23 minutes sometimes is too short. We have machine washed and dried this MANY times and it seems to be standing up to the beatings a washing machine can give a stuffed animal.

4.0 out of 5 stars soft, sweet and can attach to anything..., July 2, 2009
Shannon B Davis "Nepenthe" (Arlington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:35 Mins

The adorable sleep sheep attaches to the side of baby's sleeping area and plays four soothing sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars darn cute, July 2, 2009
Shannon B Davis "Nepenthe" (Arlington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:25 Mins

This baby/kids toy is really adorable, especially with the ultra-popular jungle nursery theme. The toy is soft, and cute, and quite a bit larger than expected. I enjoyed the sounds that it makes. The sound box took a bit of engineering to install, but once it's in, it's probably hard to get out! The video shows the features and you can hear the sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service!, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
I purchased a sleep sheep for our six month old daughter for Christmas. We loved how cuddly it was, and the white noise was perfect for helping to drown out the noise from her three older siblings during nap time. I was SO bummed when it quit working about a week after we had it. New batteries didn't remedy the problem, so I e-mailed Cloud B to ask if we could buy a new sound box. They returned my e-mail promplty and asked what my address was. Within about five days, we had a brand new sleep sheep arrive on our doorstep! If that isn't great customer service, I don't know what is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, July 9, 2009
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
This Sleep Sheep is so cute and cuddly. I love that is has four different sounds and they are all soothing. I use it for his naps and bedtime. It attaches nicely to his pack n play. It has two time settings (23 and 45 minutes) and volume control. He is usually asleep before the 23 minute setting stops. I'll confess, I have even fallen asleep to the rhythmic heartbeat. Definitely worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Best Friend!, February 15, 2007
Hoopty Frood (Toront, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
The Sleep Sheep has been a godsend in helping my baby (age three months) sleep. After tracking my baby's internal sleeping schedule, I incorporated the Sheep into our nap and bedtime routine. After only two days, I'm able to lay him in his crib while he's still awake, and he falls asleep on his own.

This has been the best sleep aid product that I've bought. The sounds play on a nice, long cycle. The timing was a problem with other products I tried to use. These items had an auto-shutoff at around five minutes, which was nowhere near enough time for my little one to settle. As well, I like that the Sheep has volume control.

All in all, this is a great item. I'm planning to buy one for my friends that are expecting babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our little screamer loves him!, November 19, 2009
teta289 (Bossier City, LA) - See all my reviews
I loved this when I saw it in a local maternity shop and registered for it. So much cuter than the sheep, I think. When we received it as a gift I couldn't believe how soft and adorable it is. The jungle sounds are different from most baby toys, and the womb sound is a bit creepy, but our little colicky baby is definitely soothed by the white noise(rainfall) sound. We named our giraffe George and he sleeps in the crib every night. We take him in the car with us too, especially because the car seat screaming is constant without it. I just found out about the "on the go" version, and would buy it immediately if I knew the actual size. My son is 10 weeks old and we had to change out the batteries once already, but we use it alot on the 45 min. setting. Changing the batteries is a piece of cake and the compartment is easy to take in and out. Get it if you are tired of teddy bears and sheep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another solid product from the Cloud b line, June 24, 2009
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
We bought the Sleep Sheep, Twilight Turtle, & Lavender Lab for our daughter who is now 3 months old. All of the products are all well-made & worthy purchases. We've been using the Twilight Turtle since day 1 & it's been a LIFESAVER on many occassions. All we need to do is turn off the lights & put this on & she immediately quiets down when she's overtired & over-stimulated. Usually she quiets down within 5 minutes & loves looking at the moon & stars.

I just started putting the sheep next to her in her pack & play at night. I'd coslept with her since she came home from the hospital, but now that I'm back to work, I'm trying to get her to sleep on her own. As anyone who's coslept knows, it's NOT an easy habit to break. The Sleep Sheep has really helped soothe my daughter. I just put it on the heartbeat sound & put it nearby. Maybe she feels like she's still sleeping close to me. I love that it stays on for a considerable time & automatically shuts off without me having to worry about getting up to turn it off myself. We go through dozens of batteries in our house so anything with an automatic shut-off is a huge help, especially at nighttime! It also has a volume control which is another nice feature. I had it on last night & not only did it lull my daughter to sleep, but I found it made me sleepy too!

I definitely recommend buying any of these products with confidence. Can't say too much about the Lavendar Lab as she's still a little too young to appreciate stuffed animals just yet, but I'd happily give any of these items as gifts of recommend them to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this sheep.... for my second child, September 20, 2007
This review is from: Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
I received this from my mother in law for my first son 3+ years ago, and unfortunately it was not a great product for him. He was (and still is) a very high energy child and we had a lot of trouble getting him to sleep. While very soothing, this wasn't a magic wand for him. That said, our 2nd (albeit mellower) child now almost falls asleep instantly when we turn this on for him... It is very cute though & makes a great addition to the nursery, which makes it a great unique gift.

I also recommend getting a CD player for the nursery though & buying the CD "Bedtime with the Beatles"... Worked miracles for my first child when we incorporated it into the nighttime routine around 9 months. At 3, he still loves to listen to it when falling asleep. (Pavlovian response almost...)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful idea...but imperfect execution, April 4, 2008
This item is a WONDERFUL idea, but it has two key flaws:

1) there isn't a continuous play mode!! There are only two timed options (23 and 45 min), then the sound turns off. My newborn needed the sound maintained continuously to STAY asleep, not just to FALL asleep. Thus, we would have to keep pressing the button over and over, waking up ourselves when the sound would turn off to keep her from waking up - beyond annoying.

2) the full-size model is enormous - you do not need anything larger than the "on-the-go" or travel model, so why make this so big? To charge more, that's why.

I gave it two stars because it has so much potential to be a fabulous product:

--the sheep is adorable, soft, and it is great to be able to hang it from ANYWHERE with the velcro loop. Plus, it is battery operated, which is a huge blessing (batteries are pre-installed, and are very long lasting - we did not replace ours over three+ months of use).

--the way the sound "machine" is removable from the body of the sheep is ingenious. This way, you can wash the sheep and reinsert the machine when dry.

--LOVE the volume control: it's a dial, so you have complete control (not just low and high like so many children's products today).

--The rain sound is the closest to generic "white noise."

--This model (the original, or larger model) has the heartbeat sound, crucial for newborns.

This product would be perfect with a 1) continuous play mode and 2) a smaller size (e.g., the travel "on-the-go" size). The latter, of course, would bring the price down equal to the travel size, which is what this product is worth, imo.

Due to these factors, you are better off with Brookstone's sound machine, which has not only timed settings, but also continuous play, AND all the sounds you really need: heartbeat, in-utero (weird sloshing sound with "glub-glubs"), white noise, automobile and more. It's not cute and plush (and you have to plug it in w/ battery backup), but is WORKS.

Cloud b Sound Machine Soother, Sleep Sheep