Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Sleep Sheep|Change
Price:$24.95 - $94.90

on August 19, 2007
Our two year old got one of these as an infant and the 'rain' noise has been a staple to help him fall asleep since. His "Sheepie" is a close companion even when the noise is not playing. We bought another one just last week to give as a baby gift, and found that they had upgraded a little. Our sleep sheep only plays 23 minutes of noise, but the newer model give you the option of the noise lasting 23 minutes or 45 minutes. That's a nice addition, as the 23 minutes sometimes is too short. We have machine washed and dried this MANY times and it seems to be standing up to the beatings a washing machine can give a stuffed animal.
99 comments|408 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 2, 2009
The adorable sleep sheep attaches to the side of baby's sleeping area and plays four soothing sounds.
1818 comments|501 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 2, 2009
This baby/kids toy is really adorable, especially with the ultra-popular jungle nursery theme. The toy is soft, and cute, and quite a bit larger than expected. I enjoyed the sounds that it makes. The sound box took a bit of engineering to install, but once it's in, it's probably hard to get out! The video shows the features and you can hear the sounds.
33 comments|286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
I received this as a Christmas gift as I have been sleeping with the aid of a sound machine for almost 15 years (I'm 30 now), and am always trying to find what works best. I have a bedside Homedics machine, but keep having complications with the settings and sound volume. I have used phone apps (White Noise is really excellent), but have issues with the sound being muffled due to speaker placement, and having to turn the volume up enough that it disturbs my husband.

This soft and cuddly giraffe is absolutely adorable, and the sound box is very easy to work with. I can sit the giraffe above my head on my pillow (kinda like a giraffe hat) and the sound is loud enough to lull me, while not disturbing my sleeping sweetie. Also works if I cuddle it as I'm drifting off.

I couldn't be more pleased! (Yes-it is all right to sleep with stuffed animals when you're all grown up.)
review image
on February 15, 2011
I purchased this giraffe for my son while I was still pregnant. He has slept with it every night since he came home from the hospital. My son loves his giraffe and I believe that the calming sounds are what helped him sleep through the night at an early age. Fast forward 7 months and it's falling apart. I followed the cleaning instructions and it has never left the house. The back part that houses the sound box is coming undone and one of the little horns is falling off. I contacted Cloud B and did not receive a response. My son WILL NOT sleep without his giraffe and, at only 7 months old, I'm not about to make him cry it out. So, I have no choice but to buy another giraffe. It's a great product but don't expect it to last long.

Wanted to add....Once my son was old enough to put things in his mouth I had to trim the mane because he was gagging on it. Not really a huge negative..it only took a few seconds to trim...but still.

Adding on Feb 16th...I finally heard back from Cloud B..all they are willing to do is offer a 20% off coupon on my next purchase. Not very happy with this company.
review image review image
on July 9, 2009
This Sleep Sheep is so cute and cuddly. I love that is has four different sounds and they are all soothing. I use it for his naps and bedtime. It attaches nicely to his pack n play. It has two time settings (23 and 45 minutes) and volume control. He is usually asleep before the 23 minute setting stops. I'll confess, I have even fallen asleep to the rhythmic heartbeat. Definitely worth every penny.
on September 23, 2010
My daughter is 5-months old and we've had the Cloud B Gentle Giraffe for 4 months now. My daughter would soothe quickly with white noise when she was an infant... some babies need pacifiers, some need a rocking motion, mine needed noise. We took a trip to Florida when she was a month old and not a day went by that I wasn't wishing I had a portable white noise machine for her. As soon as we returned home after mulling it over a bit, I ordered the Gentle Giraffe. I chose the Gentle Giraffe instead of the Sleep Sheep by Cloud B because I liked the description of the safari sounds and it's a little cuter. I love the long neck, because it's been easy for her to get her arms around. She could hold and hug it even when she was much smaller. The fabric is very soft and the Giraffe is approximately 18" tall (I'm guessing, since it was about as tall as she was when we got it).

Let's get down to the features:
The sound box is a snug fit and is held in place in the back with velcro, it takes 2 AA batteries. When we went to the fair I actually just popped out the sound box to have with us for the day since I didn't want the Gentle Giraffe around all the dirt, dust and animals. There is a velcro loop on the back of the Giraffe so you can easily attach it to a crib (have the giraffe hanging on the outside), pack and play, stroller, car seat, or anywhere you can find a spot to wrap the loop around. There is a volume control dial on the back, I usually use it at half volume in her nursery, but do have to max it when we're in louder places (car, shopping, etc). You can choose between 23 and 45 minute sleep timers and 4 different sound tracks. There is a safari sounding track with drum beats, a more mellow jungle waterfall/rain track with a frog, a white noise track and a heartbeat track. I use the white noise track for sleep and she loves the drum beats track, it is labeled as play, but the repetition helps calm her and lull her to sleep as well.

Since purchasing the Gentle Giraffe I see they have ones for travel which run just a little smaller, I'm not sure if I'd actually trade which one I purchased though. We have no retailer in the area that sells the Cloud B products, I ordered mine from Amazon. If you get a chance to look at them, the size is the only drawback and you may want the smaller one instead. The Giraffe is rather large for a stuffed animal intended for an infant and to be portable. I'd rather have it though than to be without it.

Other reviewers have mentioned issues with the Giraffe's mane, I have not experienced any problems with it so far. She's only been in the put everything in my mouth phase for a month or so now though, maybe that will change.

Just a follow up: my daughter is now 23 months old and STILL loves her giraffe and sleeps with him nightly. We never experienced mane problems like others have mentioned. Her "jaffe" goes to bed with her nightly, cuddled up close, and is dragged around with her during the day along with a pooh bear. I would definitely purchase this again (and will if hers ever died somehow) and the size is perfect now that she's a bit older.
on January 20, 2011
I purchased a sleep sheep for our six month old daughter for Christmas. We loved how cuddly it was, and the white noise was perfect for helping to drown out the noise from her three older siblings during nap time. I was SO bummed when it quit working about a week after we had it. New batteries didn't remedy the problem, so I e-mailed Cloud B to ask if we could buy a new sound box. They returned my e-mail promplty and asked what my address was. Within about five days, we had a brand new sleep sheep arrive on our doorstep! If that isn't great customer service, I don't know what is!
on February 15, 2007
The Sleep Sheep has been a godsend in helping my baby (age three months) sleep. After tracking my baby's internal sleeping schedule, I incorporated the Sheep into our nap and bedtime routine. After only two days, I'm able to lay him in his crib while he's still awake, and he falls asleep on his own.

This has been the best sleep aid product that I've bought. The sounds play on a nice, long cycle. The timing was a problem with other products I tried to use. These items had an auto-shutoff at around five minutes, which was nowhere near enough time for my little one to settle. As well, I like that the Sheep has volume control.

All in all, this is a great item. I'm planning to buy one for my friends that are expecting babies.
11 comment|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
I got this at a great price, and I was happy with it, to a point. It was very cute and soft. It was fantastic for helping our 7 month old fall asleep, but it has a 45 minute timer, which is actually about the worst amount of time since infant sleep cycles are about 45 minutes. When he's napping I tiptoe in and turn it back on, so he'll sleep 90 minutes to 2 hours, rather than before we got it when he was sleeping 30-45 minutes. So for that, worth every penny. It's pretty useless overnight though. When she wakes up it is off and he's unable to soothe himself back to sleep. For that I might need to buy something else that doesn't shut off at all, in which case I've wasted money on the sheep. I intend to give it a week or two before I get something else. So recommended, with reservations.

Pros

Helps Baby Fall Alseep

Cons

Not Stay Asleep