Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light, Lady Bug
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Lady Bug|Change

on January 6, 2009
While this sea turtle is nice; the original turtle is much better: The original: 1) has more stars/constellations to really turn the ceiling into a night sky; 2) it offers 3 color displays (blue, green and orange); the sea turtle CLAIMS to offer 3 colors, but it actually is only 2 and the "third" color comes when you press both the green and blue on at the SAME TIME, thus creating a "blue green" turtle shell. Further, when you do this, TWO displays are cast onto the ceiling (one green and one blue; NOT one blue-green display), it is very weird to see 2 moons and 2 sets of identical stars on the ceiling; and 3) on the original when you press each of the color buttons, the other color will automatically turn off, on the sea turtle if you don't turn off a color, you get that weird double display I was talking about.

Also, as a note, the endangered animals on the turtle only light up ON the turtle's shell NOT get cast onto the wall or ceiling.

If you are considering this, I absolutely would recommend the original turtle instead. Both my sons (2 and 4) LOVE LOVE LOVE it (and their friends all do, too, when they come over). They love to play with it and they love to fall asleep to it.
77 comments|373 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2009
I purchased this turtle for my eleven year old brother for Christmas and he really loves it...as does everyone else in the house! Everyone wants their turn at night to have their ceiling illuminated with stars! I have also previously purchased the Twilight Ladybug for my three year old daughter, which is so adorable. My only comment between the two items is that the ladybug projects the stars over a greater area...even onto the walls somewhat (in a large sized kids room), while the turtle projects in a narrower oval shape which only does about half the ceiling in a large room. This is probably due to the shell shapes...but just FYI...if you want more coverage go with the ladybug!
22 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2008
We already had a Cloud b Twilight Turtle - Constellation Night Light and got this Twilight Ladybug to use when we sleep at grandma's house. My daughter loved the turtle, and loves the ladybug even more! I will say, this one is much improved from the turtle we got over 2 years ago for a couple reasons... 1. the ON button also turns the light OFF as well on this ladbug (the turtle doesn't have the OFF option- you have to turn it off by the switch underneath if you want it off before the 45 min. automatic shutoff) 2. the stars are much clearer on the ceiling and there are more of them, including now a crescent moon cutout too (on the old turtle the stars appeared pretty blurry and there weren't as many of them to make a full sky on the ceiling). This ladybug really lights up the ceiling and fills it with stars and a crescent moon-- so gorgeous!! Not sure if you buy a turtle today that they have updated it with these improvements - most likely they have, but it would be wise to check and make sure before purchasing.
33 comments|208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Our little girl knew that the Ladybug was coming because I told her the day I ordered it. We followed her (it's a 'she') progress through the several UPS hubs and, finally, she arrived one cold winter night. I'm not going to talk a lot about her joy but just stating that she loves this little toy would be understating it a little. She has her in bed when she goes to sleep, of course, and she took her to school (kindergarten) to show her to her girlfriends. Of course, she named her.

The Ladybug is about 12-14" in size, very light. She has a hard, red back with black spots back and VERY soft, velvety head and legs. Her back has cuts in the shape of many little stars and a crescent moon - for some reason, this does NOT seem to be weird at all :). When the lights are off and the Ladybug is on, a girl's room becomes a magic place, dozens of stars and the crescent moon projected on the walls and on the the ceiling.

Objectively, these are the features:

- On/off button and 3 color select buttons.
- 3 AAA batteries, included
- Lights can be Red, Green or Blue and these are the colors of the stars but the Lady's translucent back becomes Purple on the Blue light and some magic, luminous Gold when the light is Green. Even I, a full grownup was impressed.
- Lights stay on for about 45 minutes if no buttons are touched.
- There is a little book that combines the Celestial Ladybug story with instructions on how to use the toy and a guide showing the seven constellations projected on the ceiling.

The manual recommends that she is kept on a flat surface, 5-6 feet below the ceiling but, from what I can observe, she's going to be in bed with my girl and it doesn't really matter if some of the stars look a bit blurred for as long as she is happy.

As for me, I am happy because she's happy. She told me that her friends in school all wished they had a little Ladybug friend too.

This item is available from several vendors at Amazon.
on November 3, 2010
This is the 4th Turtle night light we have purchased for our Grandchildren and Godson. We have purchased the
Ladybug night light for our Granddaughter as well.

They are fasinated when the stars appear in their dark room as we demostrate their gift to them. They clap and
squeal with delight when the stars change colors.

The automatic turn off feature is perfect. The children are happy for bedtime as their "friend" soothes them with
stars on their ceiling as they drift off to sleep. Only one Grandchild has stayed up past the 45 minutes and the turtle light turned off. He simply called out "hey, will someone come in to turn this light on". Too funny.

You will not be disappointed. We love the turtle, Sea Turtle and Ladybug night lights. The Sea turtle has colorful
sea creatures on his shell. We have not seen it, this info is from our daughter. Our grandson who was given the Turtle, the original night light asked his Mom if he could trade with his little brother for the Sea Turtle! He wanted the newer version.
on December 28, 2007
I bought this product for my 7 month old daughter. My son (2) has the Twilight turtle. We have always liked the turtle, but there were some flaws. For example, the yellow did not show up on the ceiling/walls no matter where it is placed in the room, and there is no off button. So it goes through batteries because my son is constantly turning it on at all times of the day. With this being said my son will not go to sleep without the turtle. We even take it on vacations. As mentioned I bought the lady bug for my daughter. I had planned on buying her the turtle, but when I saw the bug I couldn't resist. Cloud B has made some modifications since the turtle and they are for the better. The on button is also an off button. They removed the yellow and replaced it with a red, which is to be used as a nightlight....it does not project the stars. So far I do not have any complaints.
on January 13, 2008
First, let me say, that I bought this early, as I have a newborn (3 months old), but at some point my daughter will be old enough to sleep in her own room, and as most kids do, she will want a nite-light.
Well, I was skeptical at first, but this thing really does produce a cool looking and relaxing night sky on the ceiling. Say goodbye to those lame, glow-in-the dark stars that you put on the ceiling of your kids' rooms...you know, the ones that never really hold the glow. This thing projects a beautiful sky, and in 3 different colors (although they claim the red is mostly for the nite-light usage).

The quality is really nice, although the buttons for the lights could be designed a bit better...they are hard plastic, whereas a more traditional rubber coating would have been a bit more comfortable.
Pretty much the only reason I didn't give this thing 5 stars, is because it would have been perfect if it had offered a music function, and maybe a bit of movement or twinkle in the stars. Then it would have gotten 5 stars from me hands-down.
But, as it is, it is the BEST nite-light product I have found, and I don't think it is only for young children, as the sky looks cool even to an adult...very relaxing.

Bottom line...this is a no-brainer purchase whether you have kids or not.
BUY IT.
on November 27, 2009
I bought this for my 2 yr old daughter a few months ago. I paid $30.00. It is a great product, well made and my daughter loves it. It helps her sooth at night and she loves the book that comes with it. BUY IT! It is great. I read some reviews saying the lights were not bright enough...change the batteries.
on August 21, 2009
Don't expect to use it as a nightlight by which to see your child's facial expressions or to change his diaper (as I learned once they both arrived). It's not that bright. But if you want something that will project non-moving stars on the ceiling (i.e. a patch of about 3 ft by 3 ft on your ceiling), it works. You can also choose either green stars, blue stars, or both. It also has little pictures of endangered marine life that light up. If you want something to change a diaper, get a small lamp with a low wattage light bulb. If you want something "cute," especially for an older child, get this.
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2012
Don't waste your money on this product. It looks cute but that is it, ours did not look like the one pictured the face was black not grey on both of them. It does not take aaa like it says on the box instead it takes AA It started falling apart the first day we got them. We bought them for our 6 year old twins for their bday. Within 2 days they broke completely and all they did was take them to bed with them and hold them at night. The red never showed up at night. Save your money and buy night lights and glow in the dark star stickers and put them on the ceiling. A word of advise from a very unhappy customer..