2,351 Reviews
 (1,735)

4.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as reviews say
We got our turtle yesterday and no, the stars don't move and the yellow stars don't show, but my five year old loved having blue stars all over her room. The amber starts would only work if you have very, very dark walls, so they are pretty useless. Finding the constellations can be done if the turtle is in the middle of a large room. I don't know if it was an earlier...
Published on December 12, 2006 by officer's wife

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, bad implementation
We were so excited to purchase this product as a nightlite and more. Out of the box the turtle seems very well made. The lights eminating from its back are quite bright. Herein lies the problem. It seems that in order to actually notice that the lights coming from its back are stars and to see all of the constellations, the turtle, according to recommendations, must...
Published on December 23, 2005 by Just a person from Carterville, IL

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Night Light, February 11, 2006
T. Mcdaris (Scottsdale, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light Turtle, Classic Mocha (Baby Product)
Wonderful item. My husband and I purchased the turtle to help our infant daughter fall asleep. Within minutes she would be off to dream land. Our 3yr old son also loves the turtle. He would sit in her room and gaze at the stars every night so we decided to purchase another one for his room. This is obviously not a toy use a dresser or shelf for best results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The turtle is great!, February 14, 2008
C. Olson (Sheridan,WY USA) - See all my reviews
The turtle has a hard shell and is very sturdy. The head and arms are very soft. The instructions were easy to read and follow. I appreciate that it came with a relaxing CD to listen to at bedtime. My son likes to be able to turn it on himself and change the color. I like that it stays on for 45min and turns itself off.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK - not for use with high ceilings, February 16, 2009
We have 12+ foot high ceilings and nothing shows up. You have to have 8 foot ceiling, and then it will work best if it's on a dresser or something high. It does look neat when you can see it - just didn't work for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars twilight turtle, May 6, 2008
My son loves this turle. He is three. He sleeps with it every night. He loves turning the turtle on by himself. The blue and green star lights work great. The amber star lights are very hard to see,even when all the house lights are off. This product is well worth the money. It is great with an automatic timer of 45 mintues, the turtle will then turn itself off. This will be the only night light you will ever need to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lights die and cant be replaced, December 9, 2010
Andrea Martin (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
My son received this for his second birthday, less than 4 mos ago. He loved it, it became his regular night light. He favored the green, but over time, the light got dimmer and dimmer. The blue seemed brighter, so we started using that, then the same thing happened. We put in brand new batteries and no change, but the amber light still worked, so we started using that one, which now of course is fading to nothing just like the others. We opened the panel at the back to see how we could replace the lights only to find that you can't, it is self contained, you'd have to tear the thing apart to get inside. He misses it, but I'm not spending money for a replacement that is going to do the same thing...

1.0 out of 5 stars not again, June 1, 2009
MJ (san jose, california, sjsu) - See all my reviews
this was the second time i got the turtle, and the thing only lasted one week until it just went dead. I am not happy with the product and my son loves it but what can i do, maybe i got 2 turtles that were no good from the beg, anyways, when it worked it was so relaxing and cool for my son, unfortunately we did not have good luck with the turtles. I do recommend the product only when it works because if it does not work then you would have to pay shipping again to send the thing back =(

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is, April 10, 2007
My daughter loves the Twilight Turtle, but I was a little disappointed when I received it. It is much smaller and cheaper looking than advertised. The lights aren't as strong as they could be and the orange is very hard to see on the ceiling. A more reasonable price would have been around $20-$25...for what you get--over $30 was too much money. Having said that, my 2 year old sleeps with it every night and really enjoys looking at the stars all over her bed, ceiling and pajamas!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not well made for the price., July 31, 2007
My daughter got this turtle last year for Christmas, and she loved it right away. However, there are major drawbacks to this item.

The stars do not move or rotate in any way. As opposed to other comparable items on the market, this is one feature that is missing.

The booklet that accompanies the toy does not actually include that much educational material about astronomy; the bulk of it is a made-up story (like a fairy tale) about a magical turtle. So, this really isn't age-appropriate for older children.

Third, the lights are bright when you first get the turtle out of the box, but they dim very quickly. It is important to note that the room must be absolutely pitch black for this item to work! The lights are not bright enough to show if the room is only semi-dark. If there is even so much as a nightlight on in the room, it is difficult to discern the stars.

The blue and green lights are really the only ones that are very visible. The amber function is basically useless; even when the room was black-black, it did not project very good stars.

The name is misleading. The turtle will project star shapes onto the ceiling, but they are actually just big, dim star shapes, not realistic looking astral pinpoints, and my husband, an astronomy nerd, can't find any constellations when they are on the ceiling.

OK-HERE is the BIG drawback. This is made very poorly. It is designed so that if it breaks (and it can break easily), you CANNOT fix it yourself. My daughter was very gentle with this, and it was broken within 3 months of use (by use I mean just sitting on a table and being turned on at night).

Our daughter loved this toy when she got it and used it every night. However, it really should not be called a toy; it should be called a "device," because you cannot play with it. The inner mechanics make it too hard to cuddle with or anything, and if you shake it or drop it, even at a close distance and on carpet, it will break. If you push the buttons very hard at all, they will pop off and fall inside the turtle, and you cannot retrieve them. The fabric part on back of the turtle is actually glued on and cannot come off of the shell, so if the buttons fall off, you can't reconnect them, and once the light source burns out, you can't replace it--you have to buy a new one. Given how delicate it is, it should not be called a toy. There is no point making it look like a cute turtle if it can't be played with at all for fear that it will be instantly broken.

Also, I agree with other reviewers. The ceilings in my daughter's room are only 8 feet high and we still had to place the turtle on a chair to get the stars to show up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality-fell apart, June 22, 2012
ABC's Mom (Huntington Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
My son has a Twilight Turtle that completely fell apart after very little use. The turtle body separated from the shell. It looks as if defective glue was used. I contacted Cloud b and I was rudely told that I had a counterfeit product. After sending pictures, customer service told me that it was a true Cloud b product but that it was out of warranty so I was out of luck. The woman I dealt with was rude from the start and obviously had no intention of standing by their product. I do not recommend buying this product as it is very cheaply made and a waste of money. Summer Infant makes a similar product that is less expensive, better quality, and has more features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resolve the ONE problem this way., November 30, 2008
Placement is the issue. The solution is to hang the turtle from fishing string or another fine, strong string and use the turtle like a mobile. The images are perfect, and center room placement is no longer a problem.