5.0 out of 5 stars Love !
Sound isn't fantastic, but it got us through the first few months of my dgtrs life. She loves her lamby, so much so that we had to a second one. Don't put it in the dryer...the fur melts.
Published 4 months ago by Hopers74

3.0 out of 5 stars Potentially great... if it worked
Published 20 months ago by Doctor of Wellness

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Potentially great... if it worked, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
This is our third cloud b toy. We have purchased the constellation turtle and tranquil turtle as well. ( the later went back because the sound would not work at all) We had high hopes for this one, as we would use it to lull our 6month old to sleep. The ocean waves did put her to sleep and kept her sleeping. Unfortunately, the sensor that is suppose to pick up any noise or stirring from the baby is not very sensitive. The music automatically shut off, as it was set to, however when our baby awoke and let out a cry the music did not turn on again. I had to manually turn it on. So much for paying extra for the one with the sensor. We later tested it and it did respond to noise but it was a very loud adult voice right into the sensor. ( my husbands pretend baby cry) I am not sure if it is just not sensitive enough or just doesn't really work that well. We had it laying less than 6 inches from the baby with the sensor facing her. Also when we got the sensor to turn the music on again, it was not the last sound we were playing as specified by the product insert. We were last playing the ocean sound and when we got it to come on again it plays the whale noise. Not sure if we got a dud.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
The sensor does not work well at all, which was my main purpose for purchasing it. I even removed the box from the sheep and placed near baby's head - did not come on when baby cried. Very dissapointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this!!!, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
I'd give it zero stars if possible. We have twin 4 month old babies. Bought this and used overnight shipping because we were so excited at the idea of this. A 3am, I stood over two crying newborns. Their noises had awoken us in the other room. This noise sensing sleep sheep? You guessed it: totally silent. About 45 minutes later, after they had eaten and my hubby was getting them back to sleep, he coughed. This is what I heard over the monitor: [hubby coughed] then "there it goes. Your sleep machine. We finally made enough noise. It took a grown man. And it only went to rain." (We had it previously set to ocean).

This thing is a gimmick and I would pay money to get back the time i wasted on ordering it and now having to send it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy,.., October 1, 2013
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
We had the original sleep sheep without the motion sensor for our first child and loved it. When our second child arrived, I saw the sensor sleep sheep n decided to purchase it. Such a disappointing purchase...I could have just used my old one as the sensor is not sensitive enough to start when the baby stirs or cries. Please don't bother buying this product...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love !, April 30, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay ...But motion sensing not so sure, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
I like the music options in this , however the moiton sensing did not work as much as i liked it too.

The best one is the whale sounds , it helps my son to calm down a bit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work as advertised: does not turn back on when baby cries, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
This Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep has the potential to be the perfect product if only if it worked as advertised. Unfortunately it does not. The sound sensor not sensitive enough to activate the sheep when an infant cries, rendering it useless. Save your $ and hours of frustration and don't buy this.

I've never written a review before, but felt compelled due to how frustrating this product is.

The original sleep sheep helped my daughter to fall asleep, but was useless at nighttime for helping her STAY asleep. Infant sleep cycles are 45-60 min, and white noise helps them to self-soothe and fall back asleep at the end of each cycle...giving me a precious 3, 4 or 5 hr chunk of sleep instead of one hour. However, the original Sleep Sheep shutoff after 45 min making it useless to help babies stay asleep after the first sleep cycle.

Instead I've been using a standard white noise machine that is always on, but there are two drawbacks:
1) has to plug into wall because batteries would drain too quickly since always on
2) my husband and I are sick of the noise

This new Sleep Sheep had the potential to be the perfect solution since it is noise activated to turn back on when the baby cries or makes noise.

The problem: the sound activation doesn't work well enough to turn on when our 6 week old daughter cries, even though it was less than a foot from her. I tested it to make sure it wasn't defective and had to yell extremely loudly for it to turn on.

After one sleepless night of waking up every hour to turn it back on, I will go back to my old machine.

Save your money and heartache and don't buy this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but sound activation is not sensitive, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
Cute but Sound sensor is not very sensitive. No option for continuous play. Does not turn back on when baby cries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
This was a gift to a grandchild. Mother and baby very happy w/ this gift.
Would recommend this little sheep to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous addition to baby's (or Toddler's) room, September 1, 2014
This review is from: Motion Sensing Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
I've wanted one of these for a while for my baby... while traveling home to Canada, two of my friends had them and we used them in my daughter's temporary bedrooms - the cute little sheep and his gorgeous sound really kept her settled. We've just moved so even though she's almost 1.5 I thought the soothing sounds would help her settle. I love the sounds too... the rain is my favourite. My only complaint is that the noise box that slots into the back of the sheep is very easy to pull out for one her age. She LOVES this little guy so she wants to grab it and cuddle it, which then prompts wanting to pull the box out. I think I will just have to sew it in. There is a Velcro tab at the back but its not quite enough for any child over probably 11 months. Cute little sheep (we call him lamb) is very plush, beautiful soft fabric. A rather simple machine, only 4 noise settings but they're all natural and lovely. We chose the one that will sense sound or movement or whatever it senses to turn back on if baby is unsettled and it does seem to work. Love this little guy :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›