Customer Discussions > Amazon Daily forum

Cloud player network error

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2011 10:42:43 PM PDT
UncleJesse says:
I keep getting network errors on the cloud player when on 3g network on my htc evo. I have great reception, and can hear it play on my computer when I use the evo as a hotspot. Anyone know how to fix this? It seems to be ther same on my wifes evo as well. Pandora works as well as the rest of my apps requiring data.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 5:58:27 AM PDT
Ken R. says:
Having the same issue, HTC EVO. Perfect 5 bar reception near tower, and speed test shows its not a data rate issue. Happens regardless of bit-rate of song. Somtimes it will "network error" for a minute or so then start if I hit play again, sometimes not.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 6:59:23 AM PDT
RichFDrums says:
Same here, EVO. As far as I'm concerned, the player is *completely* unusable because of this. WTF?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 7:20:46 AM PDT
UncleJesse says:
I think it's only happening on the evo. I have sent multiple emails to them asking how to fix it, out to see if they are even trying, but have not gotten any replies. Sucks because they said to expect a reply in 12 hours. Been 2 days and nothing. Getting ready to move on. I really want this to work, but it is unusable unless I'm on wifi, and honestly that is not what was promised, our I needed. I hate griping about free apps, but I was set to pay for more space and load everything on there, but won't consider it until this is fixed.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 7:58:00 AM PDT
C. Wayt says:
Same issue, also on EVO over 3G and 4G. Works fine at home in Wi-Fi mode.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 8:00:25 AM PDT
While it gives you a network error, it is actually silently buffering in the background. So if you wait 30 seconds or so, the song will be set and you can go. When you play full albums it seems to know to buffer the next song without pestering you, so it doesn't crap out. That said, "Network Error" along with details telling you to try again when you have network access is a terrible way to say "buffering - please wait." And it would be nice if it auto-played once it was done buffering. Amazon is in danger of having a flop on their hands if they don't get on the ball.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 8:42:22 AM PDT
Confirmed. It takes a bit of time to buffer, but it works. Amazon needs to clean this up. But I do wonder what it is about the Evo that makes it a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 8:53:34 AM PDT
UncleJesse says:
it is not just buffering but it is loading the entire song before it allows me to play. it does not do that if I tether my phone to my wife evo using her 3 g network as a wifi hotspot. it also works vice versa when my depot is as a hotspot to my wife's phone. when I do that it allows me to play the song while it is buffering the same way as well I'm connected to a real wi-fi hotspot.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 9:25:34 AM PDT
Chris Hobson says:
Same issue here on my Droid x. Basically unusable on 3g.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 9:49:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 9:49:46 AM PDT
Getting network error and Error playing song. Day it came it worked perfectly. Makes me wonder if they are having bandwidth issues serving it to us. Even over wifi it errors out for me.

On Tmo vibrant 3g

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 11:01:22 AM PDT
Jacob Gross says:
Samsung Vibrant: also getting network errors when streaming. Full 3g bars, near a tower, everything else works fine, but errors out every third track or so. Disappointing because I would totally be using this.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 11:48:31 AM PDT
Same issue. Evo

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 12:18:05 PM PDT
L. Heitman says:
I have the same issue, also on the Evo, I've tried on 3g and 4g, and I'm sitting in a Sprint call center where we have an in building repeater for both 3g and 4g so I know the coverage is excellent. And it's not buffering, I've been trying it with the same song for the last 24 hours. If it's buffering, it's the biggest buffer in the history of ever.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 12:26:31 PM PDT
Ken R. says:
This is annoying, but I would expect a couple of revs for a new app before it works perfectly. Does the devlopment team monitor this board? How do we know they are seeing these. Is there an email to report errors with the app?

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 1:48:19 PM PDT
I'm having the same issue with EVO on 3G/4G. Sucks because I spent hours transferring my files last night and was really excited about using the app (probably should have tested first). I can be patient if Amazon is working on it. Any statement from them yet?

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 2:51:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 2:53:23 PM PDT
A Customer says:
I am also having this problem. I am using a Droid Inc. The app on the phone works with most of the music when it wants to. Some of the albums that I have uploaded crash the app but work on the PC. I have to pick a song and wait ~30sec before hitting play and crossing my fingers. The laptop works fine when tethered using the phone so it isn't a data rate issue.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 2:52:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 2:53:27 PM PDT
If you have an Evo or Evo Shift and have trouble using the Amazon MP3 Cloud Player (*Network Error* when you try to play) it's the same old streaming/3g evo fix.
So it's entirely on the Sprint/HTC side.
At least for *network error* a delay for it to buffer is not an issue though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=922978

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 3:38:24 PM PDT
UncleJesse says:
Well I doubt that since speed tests on my evo are constantly at 1.5 mb down and 1mb up. I am well aware of the 3g issue you are talking about but have not experienced it. Ps. Xda-developers also shows a fix for that involving adata reset

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 3:45:01 PM PDT
Got mine working by changing "streaming network preference" from "all network types" to "3G/4G cellular and WI-FI"

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 4:22:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 4:22:51 PM PDT
Nutan Patel says:
this is def. an issue with Sprint side. Follow this guide and it should fix it: http://programmersunlimited.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/streaming-audio-broken-fix-htc-evo-sprint/ fixed it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 4:45:13 PM PDT
UncleJesse says:
Well that kinda helped. Now the song doesn't have to fully buffer before play, but still get an initial "network error" Funny thing is that the speed test shows that it is running slower, but it seems to be running faster online.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 5:18:47 PM PDT
Ken R. says:
That is greyed out on my EVO

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 6:01:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 6:01:54 PM PDT
deezomaxima says:
I got mine to play a couple songs after refreshing the cloud drive but not able to play anything at the moment. They will fix it. It's new so let's give them a couple days. Evo also.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 6:30:52 PM PDT
Ken R. says:
"Nutan Patel says:
this is def. an issue with Sprint side. Follow this guide and it should fix it: http://programmersunlimited.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/streaming-audio-broken-fix-htc-evo-sprint/ fixed it for me."

This worked great!
I had to get my MSL via CDMA Workshop and used this guide:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/how-to-retrieve-your-msl-without-msl-reader-on-android/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=697487

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 11:00:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 11:00:47 PM PDT
I am having the same problem I have an Samsung Epic 4g. I cannot get any of the songs to start streaming, I get the network error message within a few seconds of clicking on play. There is definitely something wrong with the application, I do not have any other network problems on my phone.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Amazon Daily forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Amazon Daily
Amazon Daily by Amazon.com
3.2 out of 5 stars   (85)