4.0 out of 5 stars Good Thimble
I purchased this thimble after trying to put together a small sewing kit and finding that it is nearly impossible to get real steel thimbles anymore (all the metal ones are a cheap tin-like material). Also, my fingers are wider so a traditional hard thimble is harder fit right.

Published on December 16, 2009 by Tranquility

3.0 out of 5 stars The Metal Piece is not attached.
Very nice leather, but as I was quilting the metal popped out. It is not attached to the leather in anyway. I was thinking if I could find a glue to attach it to the side of the leather it would be a wonderful thimble.
Published 16 months ago by Helen Farley

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Thimble, December 16, 2009
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)

I had never used one of these before ordering it on Amazon. The leather fit my finger very well and is very comfortable. I purchased the double sided version thinking that it would give me more flexibility in placement of the needle when pushing it though different thicknesses of material. Well, the bend in the metal is like a wedge and it's a bit uncomfortable for my finger at the tip. I think if I had to do over again I would get the same brand, but the one that only has the metal on one side (not two).

The only other thing I wish was that these thimbles were cheaper, but I guess you sometimes have to pay for quality. A few other places online have them for a few $$ cheaper, but after shipping and availability issues (most were out of stock when I checked) it was just easier to order through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sewing thick items, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
The double sided nature of this thimble makes it great for when you need to push a needle through a particularly thick project since you can push with either the front or back of your finger. I have medium sized hands for a man and it fits all my fingers pretty well with the exception of my thumb (not surprisingly).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
These thimbles are great when you don''t want your fingers bleeding all over your project. I have used them before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather thimble, April 5, 2014
Amazon Customer (Middleburg, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
I've only used this on one project so far, but am happy with the fit and the ability to use both sides of the thimble to push the needle through. Would recommend to those quilters who are familiar with using leather thimbles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for guys like me who sew professionally., March 28, 2014
AlfredNYC (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
Very versatile and generous in size. Also the wrap over coin an be adjusted to perfectly fit any finger you use this on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, comfortable, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
I have L/XL hands (by most male glove sizes out there) and this fits my ring finger nicely after just a short time with some break in. The leather is comfortable, and the dual side gives you options for multiple angles of pushing the needle in. Totally worth it if you are in need of a thimble that will out last you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Danged wonderful tool, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
Only giving it a 4 cause haven't used it yet. As was expected it did not fit my fat fingers. I did as recommended and soaked it in water and stretched it onto the fat finger. Fits better than a glove. Sure to get a lot of good use from this nice well built tool. It is very well made and such a good deal for the money. Don't hesitate, if you think you could put this to use buy it. Very good quality and I am not one to heap on praise and kind words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
I was unable to find this in our local craft store. It is so much easier to use than the traditional thimble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best thimble, May 11, 2013
anthropicprinciple (Massachusetts, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
This thimble fits like a glove over the finger. I have to make sure that the metal part is what is pushing the needle through, as the surrounding leather acts like skin and the needle goes right through it too.
This is the only thimble that I have found fits my finger perfectly and stays put without causing issues. The leather itself is almost butter soft, smooth, comfortable.
I bought this because plastic thimbles would not stay on, and were unusable. Before I bought this, I had to go without a thimble and the skin of my sewing fingers, that held the needle and pushed the needle through, got all torn up. This thimble largely prevents my skin from getting damaged.
Much better than anything else.
I had a little problem with the needle moving to the side and going through the leather part, as well as the metal part starting to come apart from the leather. I amended both by super gluing where the leather meets the metal part of the thimble. It secured the metal in place, and created a barrier so the needle no longer strays into the leather part. Now it's perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thimble, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Clover Double Sided Thimble (Kitchen)
I bought several thimbles not knowing which one would work for me. This thimble is perfect. I bought one for my sister-in-law as she and I did a quilting project together and noted it would be nice to find a good thimble for the job.

Clover Double Sided Thimble