Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on July 25, 2010
Up until I got these handy gadgets, I had generally avoided making pom-poms. Now that I have these, I'm back in love with pom-poms.

Using cardboard as my base was tricky, because the cardboard sometimes bent if it wasn't stiff enough or it would snag the yarn as I tried to remove the yarn from the cardboard.

I've also used the Lion Brand donut-shaped pom-pom makers, which work well, but looping the yarn through the center of the makers can be tedious, because you can't do it in one fluid wrapping motion as you can using a cardboard "maker".

So along comes the Clover pom-pom makers using the best of both worlds....1) fluid wrapping of yarn and 2) ease of removing the pom-pom. Not only that, it has a way of indicating when you have wrapped enough yarn...you simply fill up the C-shaped "arms". No more wimpy-looking pom-poms.

The Clover makers work similarly to the donut-shaped makers, in that two pieces are held and wrapped together with yarn, then the yarn is cut between the pieces and pulled apart. But the Clover gadgets differ from the donut-shaped makers in that there are two "half donuts" (or arms) to wrap. The two halves are snapped closed before cutting the yarn to form the finished pom-pom. Sounds strange, but it works really well.

I highly recommend checking out Cloverneedlecraft's "how to" video on YouTube. Also I recommend use of small sharp scissors for cutting the pom-pom yarn.

I have bought both the Large set and the Small set of makers, which gives me four different sizes to play with. Back in love with pom-poms.
22 comments|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
I must say this tool is really great. It surley beats the old fashion cardboard way of doing it. Made a full pom pom in less then 2 minutes. A + that it also comes with 2 sizes.
on January 25, 2010
These work great for making fast pom-poms, as long as you wind the yarn evenly! Easy to use. I bought all four sizes and love them all.
on February 20, 2009
I found the pom pom maker very easy to use. It came with easy to follow directions and turned out perfect pom poms for the childrens' hats that I have been knitting.
on June 4, 2013
Clover is a great brand. This product is no exception. Nice durable plastic and it gets the job done.

I wrote a post on my blog about 6 different ways to make pom-poms. You can make them with card board, paint swatches, your hands and more but this is a sure shot every time. You know what size your pom pom is going to be without any guess work. Love that.

I have had my Clover pom pom maker for over 3 years. I teach loom knitting and I make hats for charity. I've gotten a lot of good out of an investment under $10.

I have also used the small size pom pom maker for a few baby projects: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker ... LoomaHat
review image
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
My first pom pom came out great! The more you wrap these the fuller the pom pom is. Ordering the other sizes now, they are a hit with me.
review image
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2013
This device has made pom pom making easy as pie!!! I can now make them whenever I want and they turn out perfect each and every time
on October 19, 2013
All I ever used for pom-poms was cardboard circles that I had cut out. Then I found those plastic rings; which are cool. Then my daughter told me to get these and I love them. I just wish I didn't feel so clumsy trying to use it. But then again, I was clumsy with the cardboard. :)
on November 2, 2015
Great little device! I've used it a handful of times now to make pom poms for hats that I crochet. The included picture is a hat with a pom pom using the larger circle. There is just a little bit of a learning curve, but after one or two uses, you can certainly make perfect pom poms. My only gripe is that I wish there were one more (larger) sized circle. Still, I would certainly recommend this product to finish all of your craft projects.
on November 3, 2011
I love this!!!! I've never done anythign with yarn before but needed something to do for my daughters birthday. I wish I had more time and ordered it sooner, I would have made pompom garland. I looked up a quick you tube video on how to use it and was making pompoms in no time.