5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the alternatives
Up until I got these handy gadgets, I had generally avoided making pom-poms. Now that I have these, I'm back in love with pom-poms.

Using cardboard as my base was tricky, because the cardboard sometimes bent if it wasn't stiff enough or it would snag the yarn as I tried to remove the yarn from the cardboard.

I've also used the Lion Brand...
Published on July 25, 2010 by J. Bass

3.0 out of 5 stars pom pom maker
when I make my hats I use it to put a pom poms it was a little hard to learn to do
Published 18 months ago by Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the alternatives, July 25, 2010
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)

I've also used the Lion Brand donut-shaped pom-pom makers, which work well, but looping the yarn through the center of the makers can be tedious, because you can't do it in one fluid wrapping motion as you can using a cardboard "maker".

So along comes the Clover pom-pom makers using the best of both worlds....1) fluid wrapping of yarn and 2) ease of removing the pom-pom. Not only that, it has a way of indicating when you have wrapped enough yarn...you simply fill up the C-shaped "arms". No more wimpy-looking pom-poms.

The Clover makers work similarly to the donut-shaped makers, in that two pieces are held and wrapped together with yarn, then the yarn is cut between the pieces and pulled apart. But the Clover gadgets differ from the donut-shaped makers in that there are two "half donuts" (or arms) to wrap. The two halves are snapped closed before cutting the yarn to form the finished pom-pom. Sounds strange, but it works really well.

I highly recommend checking out Cloverneedlecraft's "how to" video on YouTube. Also I recommend use of small sharp scissors for cutting the pom-pom yarn.

I have bought both the Large set and the Small set of makers, which gives me four different sizes to play with. Back in love with pom-poms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, February 13, 2011
C. M. Petee (Mount Vernon, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
I hated making pom-poms but now I just whip out this handy tool and I have a pom-pom in minutes. This size maker makes perfect sized pom-poms for baby hats. Haven't used the smallest sized that comes in the package but I'm sure it works fine. Keep your instructions. Although it's easy to use, if you haven't used it in a while you'll spend a lot of time flipping it open and over and trying to figure out how it works. Being a notions/gadget collector for sewing and knitting(like some women and thier shoes) I've yet to find a Clover product that hasn't met my quality and usefulness standards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clover Pom Maker, March 22, 2011
Tami (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
I really love the small Clover Pom Makers. This tool makes it easy to make cute little poms-poms! I ordered the bigger one too! Can't wait until it comes in the mail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pom Pom maker, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
What an awesome invention. Makes pompom's so much easier to make and more perfect in appearance. I would suggest anyone who likes the look of pompom's to get this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
So, I tried the whole cardboard cut-out and it was too stiff, and quite difficult to cut. I tried the ribbon spool cut-out, but that limited my size. After finding these, I felt I just had to purchase them. There aren't any directions on the package, but you can youtube some instructions.

I will say there is a slight learning curve to using it. Tying the string around tight enough so you don't loose strands can be difficult until you get used to it. Once you've tightened the string as much as you can...go ahead and try a little more.

Overall, this is a great, fast way to get perfect pom-poms. I recommend this to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and versatile - our 4-year-old loves it, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
Our son's pre-school has these pom pom makers and use them every day as a reward for the kids. The kids love them, the work improves their fine motor skills and the makers are sturdy and easy to use. Now I've fallen in love with pom poms and want to add them to more projects. This is my brand of choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., March 16, 2011
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
Wow, this is so much easier and faster to use than the rings I cut from cardboard as a child. Makes a full round pom pom in minutes with very little work needed to clean up "scragglers".

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have., November 1, 2013
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
This is a very reliable product. It is safe and easy to use. I just wish I didn't have to buy all of them in seperate sets. I wish they offered all them in one set, but that is a minor detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pom poms, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
I've always had difficulties making round pom poms and have avoided using them.
Not any more. I get perfectly rounded pom poms every time, without having to trim them smaller to make them round.
I liked these so much, I bought all the sizes Clover makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Clover Small Pom Pom Maker (Kitchen)
I love using this thing. I'm making hats to donate and the pompoms add a nice touch. Glad I bought it and would recommend for sure.

Clover Small Pom Pom Maker