Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 1, 2011
I whole heartily recommend Pinaud Clubman Moustache Wax. I have been using since since 1976. Back in the day it was Brown only. The brown holds a little stiffer, quicker. The neutral takes longer to stiffen up. I have been mixing 2 neutral to 1 brown to make a lighter brown color for past 20 years. My moustache is filled with white hairs, the wax does a good job of blending to a natural look. I use a little more brown in the winter, not much bleaching by the sun. If the hair on my head changes color I suppose I'll just use neutral for the 'stashe, A few times when I could not find the Clubman, I daddled with other waxes. NONE COMPARED TO THE Pinaud Clubman Wax. My last Drugstore claimed they could not get it anymore. In desperation I checked Amazon. Thankfully Amazon directly carries a 3 pack, cuts down on the shipping/handling versus when it is charged individually, no matter how many tubes you buy. My moustache is waxed about 1 and half to 2 inches from the corner of my mouth. I trim the points at least every week and the rest everyday. Goes straight out parallel to the ground, I rarely have had to readjust it. Little kids look at it and ask if those are toothpicks. Stays in all day and comes out easily with a little soap and water. I considered trying some of the other brands carried by Amazon, but then I think: "if it ain't broke, why break it?"
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2011
I had trouble with my mustache until I found this wax. Then I found I could get it thru AMAZON easily. It sets up firmly to hold my moustache firmly in place. Fisrt 45 years I wanted it to lay down then I decided to curl the corners up. It works better than any of the other four products I have tried. Usually holds in place for three days even when I wash my face.
on July 29, 2012
This product frustrates me. Some days it works great, others it doesn't cooperate at all. I've tried various ways of applying it, and every time I think I've figured it out, that method doesn't work the next time I try it. It seems to cooperate best in cool, dry weather. If it's humid and hot outside, you can forget it. The main issue I'm having is that my handlebar curls won't stay in place longer than 2 or 3 hours if it's a warm day. Also, it's not exactly a "neutral" color, it's white. It's very difficult to apply this product without it leaving white flaky pieces in your moustache, especially if the hair is darker. I just ordered some Firehouse Moustache Wax, which is supposed to be some really good stuff. So, I'll give that a try. This product didn't satisfy me at all.
on November 4, 2010
When my moustache is long enough that the hair hangs over my top lip, waxing it is a must. If you've got a long 'stache, you know what I'm talking about- eating and drinking anything but water and bread is pretty unpleasant when you know you'll be wearing it in your facial hair until the next time you get a chance to wash your face.

That's where moustache wax comes in. There are really no alternatives to wax. Hair gel is too crispy and not quite strong enough to control thicker facial hairs; pomade is too greasy and not nearly thick enough to keep hair in place. It's gotta be wax.

And if it's gonna be wax, it better be Clubman.

I've tried several brands of wax- here's what sets Clubman apart:
1. Consistency: Clubman comes out of the tube as a thick cream. It's easy to spread through your 'stache with the included comb. It's also easy to apply with your fingertips if the tips or edges of your stache need a touch up.
2. Thickness: Thick enough that it'll keep individual hairs together.
3. Tackiness: Clubman is just slightly sticky, which is perfect for getting a smooth, sharp form to your 'stache.
4. Longevity: You'll get a decent hold for the full day. If you want to keep everything super-clean, you may need the occasional touch-up, but if you're not worried about the occasional stray hair, one application will get you through the day.
5. Scent: It's got a pleasant citrus scent, but it's not overpowering.

Downsides:
1. The neutral-colored wax can leave some small spots of white residue if you don't really, really comb it through.
2. Not moisture resistant. If you're going to be doing a lot of drinking from a cup (e.g. draft beers at a party or bar), you're going to need a touch up at least once every few hours.
3. Once you've started using it, you will feel naked without it.

Some tips for using Clubman:
Start by applying a generous amount (pea-sized should do it), to each side of your 'stache, dabbing it directly under your nose. Comb that all the way to the tips of your 'stache. Most of the wax will come out with the comb, so you won't get a lot of build-up. Using your fingertip, wipe the excess wax off your comb and reapply it to your moustache, combing it through again until the comb slides through out without any leftover wax on it. That will give you a solid base. Then use your fingertips to shape the moustache along your lip line, and twist the tips if desired. Finally, rub a very small amount between your index fingers and thumbs, and apply directly to the hair line and tips. My facial hair can be harder to control, so I've found that repeating the process approximately 20 minutes later greatly increases the hold.
on May 12, 2013
I recently let my mustache grow out and I wanted to style it with curly tips and a pointed beard. After researching on the I internet I decided Clubman's was my best bet. I was not disappointed. I use this wax every morning and it tames my mustache well. Even though I often sleep on it and wake with a mustache disaster. Once styled and dry I can drink coffee and tea all day without straining it through whiskers. Eating is also much less mustache flavored than it would be otherwise. I discovered the Oster Metal Flea Comb works really well to style my whiskers when I first put the wax in (No, I never used it on the cat). The included comb isn't bad, but the longer, wider metal comb is better. This wax seams to work best when applied to completely dry whiskers. A blow dryer on high plus wax can really help to fix natural whisker faults. You can also blow dry on low to dry the wax quickly once you put it in. Then you can comb out your mustache and it will still hold it's shape pretty well (if that's how you want to wear it). I meant to buy neutral my first time and I got black on accident. The black worked well, but it darkened my beard up a lot! The neutral lightens my dark brown beard a little. If I use too much it can look like I have beard dandruff, but it combs out easily in that case. It also works great to tame the unruly whiskers I call a beard. A tube lasts a surprisingly long time. Mine last at least six weeks each. The smell is light and pleasing. As other have indicated it washes out easily with water and a very small amount of soap. This is a good product and you owe it to your mustache to give it a try.
on February 26, 2012
I have used Clubman Mustache wax by Pinaud for sixty years and have found no reason to switch to any other brand.
on June 28, 2010
This brand of wax is great. My only complaint is that it is far darker than I would have imagined from the description and packaging. However, I would say the fault is more on me for not looking more closely.
on September 6, 2013
Works great for my handsome gent! I now don't have to eat his mustache when we make out :) he loves it as do I
on October 19, 2013
I have been sporting a handlebar mustache for about the last 4 years, and I have a long goatee. I can get myself looking pretty within 5 minutes.

With the exception of a downpour, I can keep my 'stache looking nice all day, and even after a long workout.

The Chestnut is closer to a brown, and will make you look as if you have a wee bit of dooky on your fingers, so wash up well! I will not buy this retail, ever! Amazon has the best deals for this product.
on February 21, 2007
It's not hard to get such a simple product right, but this moustache wax seems to go the extra mile to make sure it's done right. The applicator brush is just the right size to work the wax in well and includes a moustache comb on the reverse side of it, which allows you to remove excess wax easily.

The wax itself works well. It's smooth enough to apply easily without clumping or any other issues and comes off in soap and water with no problems.

See 1 answered question