5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Motivating, Short, and To the Point!
This has to be one of the BEST and MOST MOTIVATING books I have ever read. This is a short, easy-to-read book. I read it in one day. This author REALLY UNDERSTANDS the problem of people like me who are "pack-rats," and WHY we are pack-rats. He tackles the problem from this point of view.
The very next day, after reading the book, I was able to organize...
Published on November 10, 2002 by Imperial Topaz

2.0 out of 5 stars Just throw out your stuff and save your money
Published on October 7, 2005 by Lynn 56

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Motivating, Short, and To the Point!, November 10, 2002
Imperial Topaz (Marrakesh, Morocco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
The very next day, after reading the book, I was able to organize my entire office. I am now involved in packing for a home move, and for the first time in years, I am making progress on knowing what to save, and what to get rid of. This book helped me TREMENDOUSLY in making these decisions. And it provides precise, practical suggestions for how to go about it step-by-step, so that you get rid of the problem of being entirely overwhelmed and not knowing where to start.
If clutter is disturbing your life, then THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU.

4.0 out of 5 stars When you think about it, the advice is obvious..., July 31, 2000
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
but it really does help to hear it from a professional. It's almost like someone telling you that it's okay to throw out odd screws and socks and other ridiculous things that you think you'll use "some day," but, surprise, surprise, the day never comes. Have applied it to my desk...now I just have to hit the closets and the rest of the house. If you've ever wondered what should stay and what should go, this is definitely the book for you. I'm probably going to purchase _Speed Cleaning_ next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this book when you're ready for serious decluttering!, October 6, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
This book was guiding force for a major home decluttering. Mr. Campbell gives a lot of practical advice and also provides psychological insights into why we accumulate so much stuff. I have thrown/given away a lot of stuff and have missed virtually none of it. He also helps you to store efficiently what you do keep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most of America needs this book, March 15, 2001
Amyred "Amyred" (Houston, TX (USA)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
I think I need to re-read this one, because I'm finding clutter here and there. But this book will tell you exactly what you need to do manage your life. You don't need all that stuff you've been saving all these years, and hey--no time like the present. If you are afraid of your closet, or under the bed, this is the book for you. The next step is to not let it happen again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just throw out your stuff and save your money, October 7, 2005
Lynn 56 (Crawfordsville, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
Since I am a clutter-aholic, I have read oodles of organizing books and de-cluttering books and this one is the least inspired. He seems to be just filling space with each topic, rather than offering any new insights or ideas. For this particular topic, I recommend the Messie's Manual for a beginner and Julie Morgenstern's Organizing from the Inside Out for some practical tips. The best part about Clutter Control is a guide on page 137 giving suggestions of how long you should keep certain kinds of documents. I ripped out page 137 and threw the book away. The latest organizing book I've read is David Allen's Getting Things Done. It is awesome for paper clutter, one of my worst problems. I seem to be making progress!

To be fair to Jeff Campbell, his book, Speed Cleaning is THE BEST on the subject of how to clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncluttered Thoughts, August 23, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
When I set my house in order and kept only what I needed, this book stayed on the top shelf. Great ideas and they really work too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, July 24, 2000
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
This little handbook is definately something to put in the "Keep" pile. I was amazed at how many useful ideas, suggestions and tidbits this little volume held. Everything was practical and could be easily implemented.
It's also very easy to read, unlike another organizing book I purchased at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Motivator, December 27, 2000
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
Most of what the book contains the average person already knows, however I found this book to really motivate me to get rid of the piles. It includes a lot of useful hints and suggestions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saint Jeff, March 16, 2004
TundraVision (o/~ from the Land of Sky Blue Waters o/~) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
Jeff Campbell, guru of The Clean Team, and author of the books *Speed Cleaning* and *Spring Cleaning,* chides and guides the reader to declutter one's domestic existence - the better to clean around, my pretty!
It's a Holy War against Clutter and Chaos, in which Less really *is* More. If you are tired of living like Fibber McGee, get this book. Then READ it. Don't just leave it lying around in the midst of all the incoming mail clutter.
Campbell first lies down The Uncluttering Rules, #1 of which is: "When in Doubt, Throw It Out!" and then, with compassion and humour, goes through The Psychology of Clutter. He grants dispensation from guilt of liberating oneself of Gawd Awful gifts from well-meaning friends and relatives. Then there are "Uncluttering Guides: An Alphabetical List" of Clutter Combat Zones. It is a truly emancipating experience.
Cannonize Campbell!
TundraVision, Amazon Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Info, August 7, 2006
E. Coniglio (Mission Viejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet (Paperback)
I was a little disappointed with the information in the book - it was pretty basic, not much innovative or new material. Just good common sense ways to tackle the clutter in your house. Also a little too much into the "psychology" of clutter instead of practical advice. If you have never read anything else on getting rid of clutter this book would be helpful to you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet
Clutter Control: Putting Your Home on a Diet by Jeff Campbell (Paperback - April 1, 1992)
Used & New from: $0.01