5.0 out of 5 stars It should be made of metal
I have not had time to check out this train car for how durable it is because it is brand new to me. It looks good and works fine but for the price it should be made of metal and not plastic. It is expensive for a plastic body. It looks good with the other car that came with the set I bought, and will look good going around our christmas tree.
Published on November 11, 2011 by j

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't plan on attaching figurines on top of this car!
Published 10 months ago by Richard B Cardenas

5.0 out of 5 stars It should be made of metal, November 11, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Big dough, little show, September 21, 2011
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
The car makes a nice addition to the Polar Express collection. However, considering the price, I was disappointed that the conductor's announcements are limited to two... "All aboard!" and "This is the Polar Express!" For 120 bucks, Lionel could have put a few more sound bites from the movie on the sound chip. I guess the copyright only goes so far. Competively priced on Amazon. Quick shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Aboard!!, January 18, 2012
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
This was a Christmas gift for my son. He absolutely loved it! He already had the full train set up for the Polar Express, but this conductor car really adds a special touch. Now, my son's Christmas village and train are complete!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lionel O-27 Polar Express Coach w/Conductor Announcement, February 6, 2012
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
This is a very complementary addition to the Lionel O-27 Gauge Polar Express train set. When you press the whistle button on the transformer, you hear Tom Hanks say aloud, "All Aboard! This is the Polar Express!" and the conductor figure stands in the doorway holding a lighted lantern. Very nice touch. In a perfect world, the sound chip would contain a lot more audio clips from the movie, including the conductor interacting with the children onboard, with the children, and Santa Claus. It would be great if the conductor also could have said, "Tickets, Please" followed by ticket-punching sounds. But it is what it is, and it's a good start. Lionel also makes a supplemental coal car/tender with bell sounds, but it's pretty expensive just to get the bell sounds. Would have been better to include the bell sounds in the original set. Overall, I'm pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Car, January 10, 2014
sandra schreffler (ORWIGSBURG, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
We bought this car for our grandson to go with his Polar Express train. He loved it! Since it is a talking car, it really added a new dimension to his train. Arrived promptly and in good condition. One complaint would be the price. Too expensive for what you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars train, January 24, 2013
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
great addition to polar express train we put under our tree this year all the family enjoyed and could not get over how much looked like movie train

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 23, 2013
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
Performs very well. The sound is excellent and clear. Our grandson thought is was "way cool.," We liked it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 16, 2012
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
I was not disappointed by this purchase at all, it sounds great and made a wonderful addition to my train set. Glad I bought it especially since the train set I bought did not have a whistle, the conductor announcement was a great substitue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't plan on attaching figurines on top of this car!, November 20, 2013
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
I purchased the Polar Express starter set in December 2011. Last year I added the "tender" to obtain the sounds it provided. This year I purchased the "conductor car" to obtain the voice of the conductor. I also purchased the "add on" figurines. I was so disappointed when I tried to attach Santa on the top of the the car only to find out Lionel didn't place anything to attach them to. My question is why they would not include the same options on this car. For $132.00, I assumed I would be getting at least something with the same options as on the "starter set". My family loves the conductor in the doorway, and his voice, but had I known we couldn't attach characters on top, I wouldn't have put out that much money.

Very Disappointed....

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar Addition 4, February 7, 2010
William Henderson (Pilot Mountain, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express (Toy)
Another neat looking addition to my grandson Ashton's Polar Express train set. Well made and durable. It really adds to the setup. A must have for the Polar Express train set. You will not be disappointed. Highly recommended.

O-27 Coach w/Conductor Announcement, Polar Express
$131.99 $117.95
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.