Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on September 21, 2011
The car makes a nice addition to the Polar Express collection. However, considering the price, I was disappointed that the conductor's announcements are limited to two... "All aboard!" and "This is the Polar Express!" For 120 bucks, Lionel could have put a few more sound bites from the movie on the sound chip. I guess the copyright only goes so far. Competively priced on Amazon. Quick shipping.
on November 11, 2011
I have not had time to check out this train car for how durable it is because it is brand new to me. It looks good and works fine but for the price it should be made of metal and not plastic. It is expensive for a plastic body. It looks good with the other car that came with the set I bought, and will look good going around our christmas tree.
on January 4, 2015
This car is a nice addition to the Polar Express set but it is overpriced for being plastic and only saying two phrases. It did come in a timely manner and with time I will forget how much it cost and enjoy it (if the car doesn't break because it is cheap plastic!)
on January 18, 2012
This was a Christmas gift for my son. He absolutely loved it! He already had the full train set up for the Polar Express, but this conductor car really adds a special touch. Now, my son's Christmas village and train are complete!!
on January 10, 2014
We bought this car for our grandson to go with his Polar Express train. He loved it! Since it is a talking car, it really added a new dimension to his train. Arrived promptly and in good condition. One complaint would be the price. Too expensive for what you get.
on December 16, 2012
I was not disappointed by this purchase at all, it sounds great and made a wonderful addition to my train set. Glad I bought it especially since the train set I bought did not have a whistle, the conductor announcement was a great substitue.
on February 6, 2012
This is a very complementary addition to the Lionel O-27 Gauge Polar Express train set. When you press the whistle button on the transformer, you hear Tom Hanks say aloud, "All Aboard! This is the Polar Express!" and the conductor figure stands in the doorway holding a lighted lantern. Very nice touch. In a perfect world, the sound chip would contain a lot more audio clips from the movie, including the conductor interacting with the children onboard, with the children, and Santa Claus. It would be great if the conductor also could have said, "Tickets, Please" followed by ticket-punching sounds. But it is what it is, and it's a good start. Lionel also makes a supplemental coal car/tender with bell sounds, but it's pretty expensive just to get the bell sounds. Would have been better to include the bell sounds in the original set. Overall, I'm pleased.
on November 20, 2013
I purchased the Polar Express starter set in December 2011. Last year I added the "tender" to obtain the sounds it provided. This year I purchased the "conductor car" to obtain the voice of the conductor. I also purchased the "add on" figurines. I was so disappointed when I tried to attach Santa on the top of the the car only to find out Lionel didn't place anything to attach them to. My question is why they would not include the same options on this car. For $132.00, I assumed I would be getting at least something with the same options as on the "starter set". My family loves the conductor in the doorway, and his voice, but had I known we couldn't attach characters on top, I wouldn't have put out that much money.

Very Disappointed....
on January 24, 2013
great addition to polar express train we put under our tree this year all the family enjoyed and could not get over how much looked like movie train
on January 23, 2013
Performs very well. The sound is excellent and clear. Our grandson thought is was "way cool.," We liked it too.