5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Resource Book!!!
Published on December 20, 2011 by All Access Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Reviews - Come on!!!
Published 12 months ago by Mel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Resource Book!!!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Coach Yourself Thin: Five Steps to Retrain Your Mind, Reclaim Your Power, and Lose the Weight for Good (Paperback)
What Coach Yourself Thin is about is getting your health journey started from beginning to end. This book is a resource for eating guidelines, exercise expertise, and dealing with mindset and motivation issues we all face in our health journey. A great resource book to own and to reread as needed. Everything is explained in understandable terms. Does it work? After losing 100 lbs with Greg and Michael's coaching -- My answer is a resounding YES!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary Complete Solution To Take Control, December 19, 2011
As a student of Heath & Wellness since loosing 70 lbs and keeping it off for the past 3 years, I feel "Coach Your Self Thin" is the most well rounded complete solution to the "battle of the buldge". This book is revolutionary because it puts the reader in a driver seat to take back control forever. It takes the best of the latest diet & exercise information and couples it with "Beck" psychology to help create the healthy behavior. By first training your brain to overcome your own negative thinking, misconceptions, and barriers you will then be able to use the tools in the book. Topics are often followed by a self reflecting quiz and "aha moment" exercise. Each chapter lays a building block to a new attitude and dicipline. Testimonials are sprinkled throught the book help the reader find common ground. This book is an arsenal of information to lose weight and keep it off. If you are ready to overcome the barriers keeping you from being healthy then buy this book. Commit with your mind and you will see change.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Reviews - Come on!!!, November 2, 2013
Mel "MelToTheBell" (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
Look at the reviews, almost all of the five star reviews were written on the same day - red flag - fake reviews!!!. They were done by people with no other reviews, but surprise, this book! December 20th, 2011 has a bunch of long "five star reviews" all on the same day, and all of them have the same writing style. Come on now, as an author you should have more class than writing fake reviews! This book is awful, and the author is a complete fraud. This hurts Amazons sales because people like me start questioning products with good reviews. Don't waste your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Empowering Beyond Belief!! Take Back Your Life and End Your War with Diets!, December 20, 2011
Are you sick and tired of plans that sell empty promises - of attaining quick weight loss and a hard body, in ridiculously little time and with little or no effort? Me too! I'm happy to tell you that you won't find any of that in this book! No gimmicks or cookie-cutter plans here. What the authors DO have to offer through their perspective, their coaching and the exercises offered throughout this book is nothing short of life changing!! I know, from experience - having lost 125 pounds with their help - and having kept it off for 4 years now!

If you are willing to do the work to look inside yourself, using the book as a guide, to find (and work on) the obstacles that are holding you back from losing weight and enjoying the life you deserve, then I wholeheartedly believe that you won't find yourself needing to look at another diet book or plan EVER again! It's been 4 years since I lost my weight and I'm now living my life, happily, and doing things I never thought possible! Best of all, I've ended my battle with yo-yo diets. This book will give you all of the tools you need. I can't recommend Coach Yourself Thin highly enough, to anyone who struggles with weight or wants to become healthier! It is by far the most empowering book I've ever read, on any topic! And it WILL deliver!

Some quick thoughts on the tone of the book - I loved the flow. It is easy to read and almost conversational in nature. The authors made their points very clearly, using powerful examples that really brought their concepts home. On top of all of this, the light humor they slipped in here and there was fun. I felt like the authors were in the same room, coaching me, at many points! I found myself shaking my head in agreement, and understanding myself even better, with each paragraph I read. I love the way they provide real world solutions to the variety of challenges we face as we attempt to shift to a healthier way of living - addressing everything from the environment we live in, to our typically hectic schedules.

I feel that the real power of this book lies in how they are able to help us to find insight into the obstacles that hold us back from losing weight in the first place. After all, how many of us have thought that we could probably TEACH a course on weightloss . . . so why is it so hard to JUST DO IT - to follow our own advice?! It's our obstacles! The authors delve into 7 major weight loss obstacles that each of us may or may not face - giving us quick surveys to use to evaluate how much of a role each one plays for us. I recognize SO many of these and I know exactly which ones held me back for so many years - I distinctly remember my many A-ha moments and the resulting breakthroughs. I think this section is absolutely invaluable. With this book, you'll not only learn to identify your own obstacles, but you'll have the tools you need at your fingertips to create your own breakthroughs! It will take some work on your part, but it is worth it!

You may have noticed I haven't touched on nutrition or exercise yet?! That's because, as I mentioned above, I feel the real power of the book lies in the sections I just discussed - they are what help us to stick to a healthier way of eating and being. I think many of us have a good idea what that looks like, but have a hard time with the follow through. But don't worry; Coach Yourself Thin has it all! The authors provide comprehensive sections that detail what a healthy diet and a safe and effective workout plan look like - again, no gimmicks, no rules, no have-to's or cant's. I'm a person who likes a certain level of structure. I appreciate that I can use the building blocks in these sections to create a plan for myself. At the same time, I also appreciate the fact that I have the flexibility to pick the foods and workouts that work for me (in other words - that I ENJOY). The exercise program is adaptable from beginner to advanced and the nutrition guidelines are also easily adjustable as you lose. The authors teach us to build and adapt our own program, to what works for us, taking into consideration our own strengths, weaknesses and likes.

I'll say it again; I can't recommend this book highly enough!! If you are sick of the same `ol plans and empty promises, and if you are ready to put some real work into yourself, then this book WILL show you how to take back your life and lose the weight for good!

I wanted to share just a little more about my experience at the end here. Personally, I wasn't ready the first year I was introduced to the authors and what they had to teach (in an online weightloss community). My ultimate goal was to lose 123 pounds. During the course of a year I watched another member lose exactly that amount while I kept looking for a `quicker' fix (and gained 20). At the end of that year, their approach looked a whole lot better to me. I WAS ready. One year after that I had reached my own goal. I couldn't have done it without identifying my obstacles (thanks to the ideas shared in this book by the authors) and without the resulting breakthroughs! As a result, I'm doing things I couldn't have fathomed when I started. I made my childhood dream of completing an Ironman a reality, at age 36 after 13+ years of being morbidly obese and a couch potato. If you are ready to do more than you ever thought possible, I encourage you to start right here:

Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a book that helps me stop the madness and create a life of wellness, December 20, 2011
Patti Digh (ASHEVILLE, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I have read a lot of diet, fitness, and wellness books. And like many people, I've tried quick weight-loss schemes and extreme exercise regimens--all of which resulted in short-term success and long-term failure. When I read this book, I felt relieved--and supported. In it, I found clear, concise information about adopting a wellness lifestyle, not about engaging in destructive dieting and exercise. The authors are clearly experts in their field--with a deep understanding of human nature and what keeps us from healthy living. The chapters on obstacles really provided some light-bulb moments for me. This book has provided me with a resource I will use over and over again--and the inspiration to really look at what stories I've told myself about fitness, and how to tell healthier stories about who I am in the world. I'll be recommending this to friends for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars not just about getting "thin".... it's about getting EMPOWERED, December 20, 2011
While I thought at first that the title of this book was a tad bit gimmicky, once I started delving into the chapters, I discovered that this book is anything BUT gimmicky. This is NOT your average fad diet, folks.... this is about reclaiming your body and your life, and letting go of the stories that have you spiraling into fear, anxiety, dread, and low self-esteem. The testimonials sprinkled throughout, as well as the exercises incorporated into each chapter, remind you that the extraneous weight you carry around often begins in your head... and that a shift in thinking can place you on a path of healing, wholeness, empowerment and self-honor. While this is clearly the foundation of this book (YAY!), helpful suggestions regarding food and exercise presented in a do-able fashion for any body brings it full circle. Thank you Michael and Greg for providing a fresh perspective on not only "becoming thin", but becoming HEALTHY, in body, mind, and spirit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your "a-ha moment" is in this book!, December 20, 2011
Just reading this book will make you smarter about your own body AND your mind. It will open your eyes and change the way you think about weight loss. Your relationship with food, exercise and ultimately your own body will be renewed with your newly gained insight. Hottinger and Scholtz have broken it down and provide the simplest instructions that anyone, if they are ready, can understand and follow. Whether you have 100 pounds to lose or 20, everyone can benefit from their insight and advice. Your "a-ha moment" is in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! The TRUTH!, December 20, 2011
I, as many of you, looked for the "magic" pills or food combo or fad diet, ANYTHING to lose the weight that had held me back for years. If that is what you are looking for, this would NOT be the book for you. This book is the "Real Deal". It teaches you how to find the "root" of the problems that have made, and are keeping, you unhealthy. Michael and Greg have structured this book in a way that if YOU do the work, you WILL succeed! You must find what your roadblocks are, and work towards your "Ah-Ha" moment that will finally put you on the road to a healthy lifestyle. I have worked with Greg and Michael for more than 3 years now, and I am so happy that they wrote this book. Because now that their coaching has helped me learn so much about myself and the behaviors that were keeping me overweight, I have lost and kept off over 100 pounds for over 20 months. And now with this book, it is like having my coaches in my back pocket. The teachings in this book showed me that a healthy lifestyle is just that...LIFE! It is not a diet that is OVER when you see a certain number on a scale, or fit into that certain outfit. NO! It is learning to live and be your healthiest and best YOU! So if you are ready to FINALLY deal with the truth that there is NOT a "Quick-Fix" to getting healthy, this book has all of the tools you need to help get you there.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last!!, December 20, 2011
At last! A book with a common sense approach to weight loss.The authors have a great "down to earth" style of explaining how to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight for life, The no gimmicks, no hype approach is refreshing! As a personal trainer, I will highly recommend this book to any of my clients trying to lose weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coach Yourself Thin = MUST READ, December 20, 2011
This is a MUST READ for anyone who is struggling or has struggled with weight issues and is ready to finally conquer their problems and start living a healthier lifestyle!!!

This refreshing, insightful look at weight loss and how to successfully live a healthier active lifestyle was a pure pleasure to read!

The diet industry is overrun with gimmicky, quick fix, magic pill or effortless diet plans. Those plans set you up to fail. I know, I think I have tried them all. Some I did lose weight with but I always managed to find it again.... Instead, this book is an honest account of what it takes to succeed at losing weight, and keeping it off forever. This book is a valuable tool that everyone can learn from.

While reading through the different chapters and steps I experienced so many "aha" moments it was almost surreal. It was as if they had crawled into my head and piece-by-piece they put this puzzle of my struggles together to reveal to me why I had failed in my efforts in the past. Then they laid out realistic attainable means of succeeding. I actually feel very empowered by this book! No hype, just a realistic path to change our perceptions and our relationship with food.

This program successfully lays out guidelines and tools that can be used by everybody, no matter where you are in your journey to losing weight. It is not just about losing weight; they give a realistic guide on how to adopt a healthy active lifestyle and how to safely incorporate exercise as a part of your new healthier lifestyle.

The tools they reveal to you as you read through the book is like having your own little personal life coach there to turn to when ever you need. They were very thorough in tackling issues and roadblocks that we all encounter when we make lifestyle changes.
The most important thing I came away with from reading "Coach Yourself Thin" was the power that comes with knowledge and acceptance. I gained so much knowledge not only about the process but also about myself. A definite must read for anyone who truly wants to improve and change their life.

$18.99 $13.56