‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best softball book, December 16, 1999
I've read most of the fast-pitch softball books on the market and this is by far the best. It is thorough, yet concise. It is equally useful for beginning coaches and advanced coaches. I especially like the Defensive Strategies chapter that details many game situations and defenses for those situations. This book also covers the gamut of coaching softball, from philosophy to organization to the game itself to post-season considerations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Softball Book For Coaches of 12 & U and Up., September 25, 2000
By A Customer
The book is a little more advanced than what I needed right now coaching 8 & U coach pitch softball, but it does a great job of showing you the direction your coaching should be going as the kids get older. That in turn has influenced how I teach these young girls. Many of the fine drills in this book are too advancd for my age group, but I was able to simplify them a little to make them easier for 7-8 year olds. If your coaching 6-10 year old kids and can only buy one book, this may not be the one. But it is a great book to have in your coaching library. The best I have seen, my kids just are not quite ready for it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great source for any level coach., July 12, 1998
By A Customer
I just recently purchased Kathy Veroni's book to help instruct my 10 year old in fastpitch. I was never taught the proper way to play myself, so I needed a guide. After just getting into it, I have decided to coach her team next year! Ms. Veroni cites some of her own experiences to "drive home" some of her points. She reviews coaching skills for different situations and has many drills and trouble shooting strategies for all age levels. There are photos to help define drills. The book is written very well and is easy to follow. If you need drills, this is the book to have! Our current coaches have bought it and loved it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of information., September 22, 1999
By A Customer
This is the most complete book for coaching fastpitch I have seen. The book is well laid out for easy reference. I purchased the book mainly to find ways to make practices funner and more effective but have found a wealth of information and ideas that will benefit our organization. If you can only by one book for coaching this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Fundamental Softball Book on the Market, May 18, 2000
Rebecca Eddy (Binghamton, New York) - See all my reviews
I've never read a book that had so many ideas in it for coaching, whether it was on the youth level or the college level of softball. This book is fundamentally sound and I recommend it to all who are coaching softball or who plan to in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of information for any level coach., May 17, 1999
I throughly enjoyed Coach Veroni's book. This book is a must read for any serious coach at any level. The book is very well laid and makes for great reading as well as serving as a reference source for any coach. I learned a great deal about how to run a program instead of just how to coach details. I purchased a copy for our high school coach to read and have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for High School Coaching, November 2, 2001
Kelli Cox "Grandma" (Moravia, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very well laid out book and easy to follow. I would highly recommend this book for coaching high school or college age girls. Might be a little deep for younger athetes but could be adapted. Many drills are included in this book, and I found the philosophies especially interesting. Brought out a lot of simple points I had never thought of before.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Handbook for High School Fastpitch Coaches, March 24, 2003
C. Young "youngc98" (Roscommon, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I have coached for over ten years now and have found this book to be the most comprehensive, theoretically sound, user friendly coaching handbook on the market. Veroni has organized the information most effectively using charts and diagrams in addition to her commentary. This is THE book to purchase for both the beginning or experienced high school coach.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% complete book., June 11, 2000
Michael Holland (Central Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
The best book on the market I have found. With this book and watching some highschool practices you can really figure out your own team and how to get the most out of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Youth Softball - Good Reference, December 6, 2001
Shmuel Goldstein (Revava, D.N. Lev HaShomron Israel) - See all my reviews
This book is comprehensive and is aimed at the coach of a team consisting of younger or much younger players. Kathy Veroni sounds like a tough, fair, and thorough coach. Imagine driving a group of late-arriving players 10 miles out of town and telling then to jog back to practice. No wonder West Illinois U has a great softball team.
However, as a captain of a mens' fastpitch softball team, with players who play once a week, this book did not help me much. The drills were just too involved and required a much higher commitment and lower physical strength than I have from the guys on my team. It's like using a college-level calculus text when all you want to learn is high school algebra.
Having said that, the big plus of this book is the VERY EXTENSIVE list of both defensive and offensive drills. This section of the book makes the purchase price worthwhile.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Coaching Fastpitch Softball Successfully - 2nd Edition (Coaching Successfully Series)
$21.95 $16.23