From the Back Cover
It examines the environmental implications of mining and using coal, addresses how modern computer methods are facilitating coal studies, and reviews the changing market for coal and its usage in the present and future industrialised economies.
- Includes current thinking on environmental issues
- Presents a useful synopsis of the alternative uses of coal as an energy source
- Contains the distribution and reserves of coal deposits worldwide
- Offers a summary of coal sales and marketing opportunities
- Includes International Standards listing
- Includes an update on global coal reserves and production
Suitable for mining geologists, engineers, developers and other professionals working in the coal industry. Would also be beneficial for libraries, coal societies, oil/gas companies, and national and state geological surveys. This book would make an ideal reference for undergraduates taking courses in coal geology, petroleum geology, coal petrology, stratigraphy, sedimentary and mining engineering.