5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how I lived without this...
Published on October 20, 2009 by Klyde

3.0 out of 5 stars ACNE PRONE PEOPLE BEWARE
Published on January 29, 2011 by Miss Sunshine

3.0 out of 5 stars ACNE PRONE PEOPLE BEWARE, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
I posted a review on the official Coastal Scents website but they never allowed it to post. I guess they don't want to lose sales but it has to be made known that this product will likely cause you to break out if you have acne prone skin. I did some research on mineral oil and lanolin and it's controversial as to whether or not it causes acne. As of now, I know for a fact no one can tell me any different. This product indeed caused me to break out so severely in large, red, puss-filled pimples all among the sides of my face where I contoured and my cheeks where I applied blush. My skin was consistently clear until I used this product and it completely ruined the clear skin I worked so hard to achieve :(

If you don't suffer from skin problems however, then this palette is wonderful. I love the pigmentation of the colors. You must use very little amounts at a time to really achieve that natural, healthy glow. I love the blushes and the contour color is perfect. Even though the brown looks scarily dark, if you use small amounts as I suggested, it will work wonderfully. I applied it using the flat top bronzer brush found on the Coastal Scents website. I just used the corner of the brush to create that contour line and it was fairly easy (esp. for a makeup beginner like myself).

It is just upsetting that I spent my money for nothing because I'll never be able to use this again due to it's acne aggravating ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how I lived without this..., October 20, 2009
Klyde (Yakima, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
Wow! Actually, I had often imagined something just like this contour & blush palette, but figured I would have to make it by taking the tins of powder out of their compacts and gluing them into some sort of flat palette. So, twenty years later, having never found the right palette or successfully getting much makeup out of its case, I finally found this by accident when it showed up with some other search on Amazon.

I can't say enough good things about this compact/palette - I use every color and I love that they are all matte (much more effective). This is a good sized palette (6"x9") with large pressed powders. Colors are true to the photo; white, light beige/tan, bright (slightly warm) pink, light peach, brown, and medium/dark cool pink. Every skin tone will be able to blend the perfect match, then use the light colors for highlighting, the bright pink (highly pigmented) for the apple of the cheek, the darker pink (less pigmented) for more of a blush/bronze effect, and the brown for mixing shades and for contouring like hiding upper eyelid bags or slimming the nose. I had a Lauren Hutton face disk with smaller tins of powders and creams that I liked but did not use many of the shades, and quit using it at all a while ago. This Coastal Scents palette could replace pounds of powders (stuffed in my bathroom, each in its plastic container), and be used much more often because it's so easy and versatile. If you like light makeup coverage, you can use this for most of your needs. If you want to brighten up your complexion, this is fast and easy, and you couldn't ask for better colors.

This is a superior product. Search on google/yahoo/whatever for Coastal Scents for their website where you will find more rave reviews. BTW, it is fragrance-free even though "scent" is part of the brand name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for your make-up bag, February 1, 2010
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
First, let me start by saying how shocked I was at the size of each color. They are very big and will last a while. I love the fact that the colors are matte finish. I have not been able to find many contour products that don't have some shimmer to them. The white color is so perfect for highlighting under the eyes to make them appear much brighter, and make you look young and rested. The colors have a lot of pigment, so a little goes a long way. The blush colors are perfect for any skin tone. I am very fair and the colors work well for me. I have actually ended up using the brown for eyeshadow. It is a little dark for me in terms of using it to contour my face especially in the cheek area and around my jawline. It would work well for an olive complexion. Overall, this is one of my new "must haves" for my make-up bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
Okay I do not use the word 'perfect' because nothing is really perfect...but this is. It's so amazing, I'm fair skinned and I saw the dark brown color and I was afraid, but after watching a youtube video or two then I learned the best way for contouring. I love this palette it is my go to because it has two blushes and it's just amazing. I'm the kind of person to buy eye shadows first then look for blushes and other facial powders. This is a great product and I really recommend it to anyone from a beginner to someone that has been doing makeup for years. For beginners I suggest checking some youtube gurus videos because it does help (personally I used xsparkage's video)

I want to add that I purchased the palette and it arrived broken, 2 were cracked 1 was shattered. I e-mail Amazon and my replacement arrived the very next day, perfectly intact and I shipped the other palette back. So thats just to comment on amazons great customer service and reliablity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
I have never ordered something like this online before, but decided among reading other reviews that it seemed worth it. I'm so glad I did. I was actually afraid that the very dark color would not work at all for me and probably a waste of money on a color I probably would not use. The same feeling with the very light color as well. I was wrong! After putting on my foundation and just a little powder to "soften" my look. I dare tried the darkest color for contouring just to see. I was amazed at just a hint of it on the brush how it changed the shape of my face. I have a round face with long hair and I wanted to make it look less round. I brushed the dark color just under my cheek bone up to my ear and blended it softly. It looked great. Then I put it just above my temples and under my chin/jaw line. Blending is key. My face looked thinner & more of an oval shape. I then tried the light color above my cheeks to draw the attention up to my eye area and also put it on the bridge of my nose with a very thin brush. It really highlighted the areas perfectly. Then I used a hint of the medium blush color (bottom right) just on the ball of my cheek and used another face brush to blend and smooth all the areas so it doesn't look so artificial and more soft natural makeup look. It barely takes any powder on the brush at all, so this product will last a very long time. I can't wait to experiment with the other colors as well. If you know how to high light & contour for the shape of your face then I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, December 14, 2009
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
I love this palette! I have such a round face and even though the dark brown contour color looks scary at first, I was able to sculpt my cheeks and add definition with these shades. The pink blushes are flattering and it's great that the highlight shades are matte like the other colors. If you're unsure how to use the shades, there are plenty of youtube makeup gurus who will show you how :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected!, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
I went back and forth between this palette and the Coastal Scents 10 color professional palette, but in the end chose this one for the contouring shades. My package arrived with all blushes intact. The pigmentation of the colors are great, and I love them for the nice matte highlight and contour finish. If you have pale skin, you must apply the brown contour very lightly because it quickly builds for a dark look. This along with another Coastal Scents Palette were the first from that brand for me and I will definitely order again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great go-to, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
Love this palette and I use it everyday for on camera news. These shades are not super pigmented and completely matte which is what I was looking for. I use the contour shade the most but when i have too much application of either blush or contour the flesh tone helps to blend it out and tone it down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Might as well contour with Crayola chalk!, December 5, 2011
MrsWASP (Savannah, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
I bought this when I first started playing around with makeup years ago and didn't even know it was still in existence. The packaging is frail, you need a gentle hand because the pans are so big that any impact cracks them easily! However this aside, they are too chalky to blend if you had all day to sit there and blend! Not worth the money. Try It Cosmetics's My Sculpted Face, it's not only the perfect formula but they include tutorials on how to change your face with highlighting and shadow contouring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic palette for the money, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette (Misc.)
The pans are huge, and the colors highly pigmented but easy to wear and layer. I've tried the colors on myself (very fair) and 2 friends, one Hispanic, one African-American. You can combine and build the products and it will work on anyone. The powder isn't anything special but works to tone down color that is too bright. The bronzer is fantastic, looks good on me and I am extremely pale (NC15 Mac). The highlighter is great because it isn't glittery. I can't imagine getting a better blush/contour palette than this one for the same price.

***I purchased this from Amazon, and the first palette delivered was broken. I notified them and had immediate communication regarding a replacement, which they shipped the next day. My new palette arrived to my overseas address in 5 days! Incredible. And as a bonus, I received an email stating I didn't need to return the original broken item. Very fast, professional service.A+++++++++

Coastal Scents Contour and Blush Palette