5.0 out of 5 stars Dark skinned
Published 15 months ago by V. Nicholson

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for experimenting with different looks.
Some of the colours aren't well pigmented, and it breaks off if you travel with the case creating a huge mess. I do like the practice and experimentation with so many colours, both warm and cool. Its a cheap investment. I'd recommend it.
Published 11 months ago by Ololade Ogunjob i

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark skinned, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette, 4.44 Ounce (Misc.)
I am writing this because I am a dark skinned woman and there were not to many reviews for us on here to see if it was really worth buying. I have to tell you yes the pigments for the eyeshadow do come out on us and looks very nice I may add! I have not had any that would come out if trying to be used and the case is pretty durable ( I have traveled with it and no cracks or issues). And the pot sizes may be small but you get a lot out of them because you do not have to use so much! If I had to buy again I sure would (this was my first purchase of coastal scents) and looking into other products as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 252 palette, October 12, 2012
so i got my 252 palette last week.. the shipping was good.. i got it a day before the actual delivery date! so that was a plus! i wanted to test it for a full week before i made a review on it.. and i love it!! i dont have anything bad to say about this palette is perfect! it has every color imaginable! yes the size of the color pans are dime size.. but the pigmentation makes up for it.. i swear all i had to do was dip my brush in the color one time and i had enough color for both eyes.. so with that being said i strongly recomend this eyeshadow palette! and i will purchase again :)

: Happy Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely love it, March 10, 2013
i love it so much better than the shany cosmetics makeup pallete there is a shimmer to some colors and the matte so you get the best of both

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for experimenting with different looks., December 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars MakeUp Artist Worthy, March 29, 2014
252 COLORS!!!!! I couldn't belive how crazy pigmented ALL of these colors are. The pots are tiny, like dime size tiny, but the pigmentation makes up for that. You do NOT need more than one dip of your finger or brush to create your perfect looks. My suggestion is to use a primer under the colors, (like with ANY eyeshadow) to make the POP and last all day without any creasing or smugging.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great color selection, but small, January 2, 2013
The great color selection was just as good in picture as in reality. This a great set to play around with color, but each is a very small sample, so it might not last very long if you find a couple of favorite colors.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, poor layout, March 28, 2013
These shadows have great pigmentation, and each small pot is more than enough to last a while. But the way the three palettes stack on top of each other with separate plastic sheets is really annoying and prone to breakage.

4.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY BLEND-ABLE!!, July 26, 2012
To be clear, I ordered this product directly from coastal scents website, when it was at twenty nine and change. It shipped through Fed Ex and came relatively quickly in comparison with Haulerdeals, which I'm still waiting on.
But anyway, I was super excited for it, and the color payoff is quite good for a pretty inexpensive product. The only reason I four starred is because the wells are very small, about dime sized. So there isn't a TON of product, but for the color selection you get, it's worth it. I figured it would be a decent way to test out some of the colors that I was going to get in hotspots for a cheaper price.. I'm satisfied with the product. I did a very basic smokey eye today for work with silver on the lid and black in the corner and it blended exceptionally well into the crease, and didn't fade by the end of the day. With a primer and white base, I had NO creasing either. I love the product and highly recommend it! :D

4.0 out of 5 stars great item!, October 22, 2012
The shipping came much earlier than expected which is always great. When I opened the package the palettes were much smaller than they appear in the images but the pigments are great! I love the variety in color! I'd highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, Vibrant Blendable Colors- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!, February 8, 2013
I orderd this Ultimate Palette on a Monday 2/4/13, Utilizing my Prime membership(well worth the yearly membership fee). I received my order Wednesday 2/6/13. I opened it up and was amazed by all the colors available. Mattes and shimmers. There was just one pot that had some fall out dust on top but that was it. A quick blow and gone. I tried them out today and I am amazed how easily they blend.....So much fun. What I enjoyed the most is the fact that I barely pat my brush on top of the color pot and had enough to do the job. Some state that they are very small shadows but a little goes a long way.....Very pigmented....I can't see someone going thru this palette quickly.

I do agree with another reviewer about the purple staining a bit but honestly worth it.

I would recommend this to anyone wishing to get a great set of colors on a budget.

If there was only one suggestion to add to this collection it would be to have a bit more neutral/skin tone shimmers or mattes.

Overall GREAT!!!!!