5.0 out of 5 stars Good looks and an excellent value for the money
Published on October 4, 2007 by J. Caffarella

1.0 out of 5 stars rendering it unstable and useless. I want to return it
The chairs are difficult to assemble and wobbly. The table top had two large chips in it and one of the support beams was split, rendering it unstable and useless. I want to return it, but disassembling and packing it back up is really annoying.
Published 1 month ago by DJ Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looks and an excellent value for the money, October 4, 2007
This review is from: Coaster 5pc Cappuccino Finish Counter Height Dining Table and 4 Barstools Set (Misc.)
UPDATE 4/8/14: It's been 7 years since I wrote my review of this table and barstool set. This set receives daily use from my family of 4 and has held up well. The wood is hard, so the cappuccino stain doesn't penetrate deep, so there are small chips here and there that I've hidden with a furniture marker. Even though we use fabric place mats, the top is starting to show signs of wear from hot plates and could use to be refinished. The chairs have held up well. The microfiber continues to clean easily and has proven to be durable.

I rarely order "bolt together" furniture, but the cost of a similar looking set at my usual furniture store (offering 'underprices') was nearly double, so I took a chance and ordered this 5-pce contemporary dining set to replace a traditional-style oak set. A day or 2 after order placement, I received a call to confirm my order and provide delivery details. The set arrived on time (within 7-10 days of order). After carefully removing each piece from the double box and impact foam it was packed in, I noticed a couple of minor blemishes caused by movement during shipping. Fortunately, the blemishes are in places that aren't noticeable after assembly. The set is made entirely of furniture-grade hardwood (no cheap particle board) and the parts bolt or screw together. Assembly took me 2 hours at a relaxed pace. All hardware (nuts, bolts & washers) and an Allen wrench is included. Additionally, for assembly, you'll need a Phillips head screwdriver and (optional) wood glue for the dowels. I've been using the set for several days and am pleased with it. Only negative comment I have it with respect to the screws used to fasten the seating pads, which I found to be too long. The instructions call for use of 1-1/2" screws (incl.), but, when screwed down, these can be felt when sitting...OUCH! Fortunately, I pushed down on the seating pad with my hand and felt the sharp screw before I made the mistake of sitting on it. I ended up using the shorter screws (incl.) for affixing the seating pads and the 1-1/2" screws to fasten the stretchers to the front and rear legs of the stools, which is the reverse of what the instructions tell you to do. An easy fix. Compared to other similar looking, comparably priced, but sometimes lesser quality sets I saw, this 5 pce set represents a very good investment, which I'm confident will provide years of reliable service and will hold up to daily use by my family of 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this!, August 4, 2011
I just completed assembly of the table and chairs. I am mad; mad for paying way too much (4x's as much) for the last table I had! The quality is excellent. The assembly is easy and just takes a little time with the chairs. There are two lengths of screws for those other reviewers complaining they are too long for the seat- use the short ones on the seat! I spent years as a finish carpenter and can assure you this is well worth the money and will last until you decide to change decor.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL!, January 15, 2013
Love this table! It's beautiful! Took a little over an hour to assemble and looks great in our space! Very sturdy too! Our cat jumped on it and I was worried that she would scratch it (you know how sometimes cheap furniture can scratch easily) well NOT THIS ONE! Not a single scratch and it's extremely sturdy (and heavy)! Came in one giant box. Had some issues with delivery which was disappointing but it was during the holidays so I guess that's to be expected. Still very much love and enjoy this table.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not perfect, October 27, 2009
So i bought this table and chairs before the negative reviews were written, so i was a bit nervous for its delivery and the assembly and quality. First things first the shipping took almost three weeks which is disappointing to me but thats on the company and doesnt affect my review of the product. The table I will say is absolutely gorgeous and comes nearly assembled out of the box. Just four legs which took literally 5 minutes to put together. The quality is exceptional and is nowhere near the cheap "ikea" wood some other reviews expressed. The color and shine are exceptional as well. The chairs is where I can see ppl having a headache. Theyre not easy to put together and what I mean is the first step to assemble them. The bolts they give are very labor intensive because the hole they provide is not big enough to fit a ratchet in to make the job a hundred times faster, and they take forever to screw in on all 4 chairs. Once step 1 is completed is pretty easy since its just philips screws and a drill makes it quite easy. After that we had 2 of the chairs not fit flush completely together, and too much pressure to make them flush could crack the wood. However, after all screws were tightened the chairs are very stable with no wobble whatsoever, not even the 2 that werent completely flush. The chairs quality are also exceptional in my book with beautiful color and finish and I am very picky when it comes to cheap particle board and flimsy chairs. Overall a strong 4.5 and I would highly recommend this set to anyone I know, and am not sure what happened with the experience the 2 negative reviews had, but for me everything turned out to my satisfaction and I have a had a couple compliments already. Sidenote: I noticed the price has gone up $70 since I paid $309 plus $120 shipping from visiondecor for brand new. Anyone looking to purchase might want to contact the company and ask for that price. Good luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Table and Chairs, April 21, 2011
Love the table and the chairs, it is perfect height to keep my curious dog from getting anything off of it. There was one little scuff but we put it against the wall and you couldn't notice it unless you were searching for something, which probably happened from the shipping. It was great for the price and was pretty easy to put together, I would recommend it. We didn't want to spend alot just in case something happened to it, we could replace it without being mad, but so far so good. The colors are also very nice and the cushion on the chair is padded nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it but complicated to assemble chairs, October 31, 2014
Overall, I like it a lot but read below.

Size: I live in Chicago so space is limited in apartments. Once I got the table assembled, it looked A LOT bigger than the picture on amazon. Also, I am not sure the dimensions are accurate. I was thinking it was 40" x 40" but there is a lip on the table so its more like 43" x 43".

Condition on arrival: Packaging was really protective. It look me a while to get through all the tape and Styrofoam to get to the table. Once I had the table out, there were definitely scratches on the legs due how they packaged the screws. I think during transit, they were getting pinned between the table that the legs and created scratches. To me, that isn't a big deal but if you look close you will definitely see scratches.

Assembly: I will say that the most complicated instructions are easy for me to assemble items pretty quickly. This table on the other hand was very difficult to put together I thought. And when I say table, I actually mean the chairs were very challenging. The table itself was easy to get together. I followed the instructions when I put together the first chair and essentially had to redo it because I didn't think the order was the most efficient. For the other 3 chairs, I actually attached the seat frame to the back of the chair first, then attached the pad to the seat frame, then added the front legs to the chairs as well as the bars going through the legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, March 29, 2013
I am really happy with this purchase. The chairs are comfortable and the unusual height makes leaning on the table (Don't tell my Mom!) with my elbows while eating better than ever! The set is well made without that press board feel that is really common these days. Buy it you'll like it but don't expect to be able to sit in the chairs and bend over to tie your shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE TABLE, March 27, 2012
This table is absolutely perfect. Nice dark cappuccino finish. Absolutely no problems or damage with delivery by FEDEX. Table went together in less than 5 minutes. The chairs will take a little longer, but once you do one the rest are cake. I put these together myself with no help and it took about 1/2 hour total. Use a drill whenever possible, just be careful not to strip the screws and you'll be fine. Overall, completely satisfied with purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful set and timely delivery!, August 19, 2013
I read some harsh reviews of the company who manufactured and shipped this merchandise AFTER I placed my order. I was concerned to say the least. The reviews couldn't have been more wrong. I received this furniture within 6 days of my order and received a tracking number to track it. The packaging was great and there wasn't a single scratch on the furniture. The color was exactly as it looks in the picture and the cushions are really comfortable. It did take a long time to put together, but the instructions were easy to understand so I blame it on me for taking my time! I would highly recommend this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality!, June 24, 2013
The quality of this furniture was beyond what I expected for the price. After shopping at many furniture stores, this dining set was equal or better to those I looked at in showrooms that were several hundred dollars more. Seller communication was excellent for delivery. It was very easy to put together.

Coaster 5pc Cappuccino Finish Counter Height Dining Table and 4 Barstools Set