Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 8000 7"|Style Name: 8000 PRO HD|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 19, 2012
Cons:
No instuctions of what is capable of; it's all trial and error.
Can't find out how to work the address book.
Can't find all services needed in the town in which you are located.

Pros:
Like the HD Screen, it's easy to see.
Like the state line distance and toll booth and scales.
Like the traffic alerts.
on June 1, 2013
My husband recently started driving a truck over the road and this is one of the items we bought before he left for the first time. He has been using it for approximately six months now and wouldn't be without it. It has proven to provide better instructions to his deliveries than his dispatcher in some cases!!
on September 28, 2015
I purchased this as a gift for a friend that drives semi trucks. He has been using it for over a month now and he seems to really like it. I have read some of the other reviews and so far haven't had any of the the problems other say there is with this gps unit. I was able to download all the updates through my computer very easily. He really likes the size of the display and how easy the touch screen is to use.
on December 17, 2012
Do not buy this GPS! Starts up every day at the last place I shut it off at. Takes 1-5 minutes to figure out where you really are. Tries to advise parkway usage often! For a trucker product, that is just ridiculous. Battery life is very short. Charger plug falls out. Shuts down right when you need it most, plugged in or not. End up using the GPS on my phone more than this one. Good thing I knew how to use a map before I ever owned GPS's! Going back to a Garmin!
on November 23, 2013
I truck the 48 states in every direction and this must be the worst GPS on the market. Even with the latest software update, the best this unit can do is route me to a truck stop correctly 90% of the time. It has very serious map and software issues that will get you lost or on the wrong route nearly every time. I have to program each and every turn if I want this GPS to guide me to my destination BUT THAT is a painful process because the route editing feature is very clunky! Those stupid Lane Guidance signs (which are not optional) don't always follow your route and the map never holds the desired zoom level either. The address book won't even let you create folders to organize it. Know exactly where and how you need to travel before using this fumbling tool!
on June 2, 2013
at 1st I was pleased with it.it has almost all the truckstops on it.i like that it has the rest areas and mm on it too. my problem with it is that it tends to freeze up on me...and often. another issue I have with it is that the view it gives me is wayyy to far up.i can't tell what type of off-on ramps i'm coming up on(like my tom-tom).it shows me things i'm not interested in,like towns and roads.all in all I would not recommend this gps to another truck driver.i'm hoping cobra will work out the bugs as time goes on. it comes with lifetime updates for free.
Up date....this thing is a POS!!! Had it 2yrs and it just sucks!!! Customer service ....sucks!!!Broke down and gotta rand mc nally....should've done that first.
on September 11, 2013
I purchased this product for my son after researching the different types of GPS units and discussing them with him. These are his words: "I'm a professional truck driver and I use a GPS on a daily basis to route in and out of cities in the US. It consistently routes you the long way, wrong way and illegal way. The software and display interface operates like a 5 year old designed it. I've had it less than a month and it has locked up on me 3 times in crucial scenarios. I would never recommend this product to another person. I am returning my Cobra 8000 and trying a different brand." Apparently, this unit is not all it's marketing says it is supposed to be.
on February 7, 2015
Bought as a gift for my son who drives for FedEx Freight division. He loves it, says it has definitely made his job easier
on November 7, 2013
Do NOT - I say again - DO NOT so much as consider this GPS. It is the absolute worst I have ever used. From its routing to the way the map on the screen draws and re-draws.
on November 17, 2012
I purchased this GPS for my truck driving son but could not update maps because I have a MAC computer. It needs a PC running windows etc. for updates. He tells me that it works well for him. I do not have first hand experience but I will give it a 5 star rating because my son does not complain about it not working for him. He is usually very good at complaints :).....