5.0 out of 5 stars Works how it is advertised
Published on April 28, 2011 by david

3.0 out of 5 stars cobra esd7400
Published on April 13, 2011 by sixgun

5.0 out of 5 stars Works how it is advertised, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Cobra ESD7400 Performance Radar/Laser Detector with Ultra Bright Data Display, Safety Alert and VG2/Spectre Surveillance Undetectable (Electronics)
What everyone giving it 1 star reviews doesn't understand is that it only detects cops if their radar gun is on. Some will turn it off, hide behind something and just look to see if you're speeding. That is a situation where you can't do much about it. This product works well and has saved me from many tickets but don't let it lull you into a false sense of security; always be vigilant.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, September 15, 2009
It worked just fine the VG2 spectre was a must have on this trip 3800 miles there and back no speeding violations.....I must have detected 20-30 tags all with plenty of warning, best 38.00 dollars I have ever spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 10, 2009
R. Meshurel (Potsdam, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This product is all that it is described to be. Good all-round detector, nice size, good windshield mount. Although not a pricey high-end detector, it works really well and has most desireable features. A great value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with the product., January 2, 2011
I am so happy I bought this! I have a horrible speeding problem as my grandparents own a race track. It goes off when I go in the wal-mart of HEB parking lot but I turn it on mute and it stops. I have passed multiple cops while I was speeding && the alarm wasn't going off, Well, I DIDN'T GET PULLED OVER! Use your brain people. If the alarm didn't go off then his detector isn't on! I was also driving late at night when I heard the detector going off, and I didn't understand why, then it stopped... I went a little further and it went off again, then I saw him sitting on the side of the road. The detector was telling me he was scanning the people in front of me. That was a pretty awesome moment... Anyways, It was definitely worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars cobra esd7400, April 13, 2011
Arrived a day earlier than expected...Having multiple vehicles with radar detectors this one compares to those, passing a few highway speed traps it did reasonable to catch the radar from those known speed traps. The range and warning time were near the same as some other expensive units I own in my other cars. The display of this unit doesnt compare to my other detectors BUT it rendered the same results as my other detectors. Just not as pretty doing it. This unit was for a back and forth to work car used to drive the same route at nearly the same times everyday...and do to low cost and nearly no theft rates at my job I could just leave this in the window all the time, unlike my other units {bel} and {valentine}which would draw someone to just steal those. With police radar in about half of my 16 mile drive home and medium traffic this caught every radar hotspot with plenty of notice to slow down or pay attention. No complaints, just gives me that little extra edge driving to or from work when Im not always paying attention.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for easy of use, but 3 stars for usefulness., December 19, 2009
The detector is very slow on detection. The alert volume was dropping too fast, and did not match with the distance of the object. It is difficult to tell what it was alerting.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it, you wont be sorry, March 5, 2012
Very pleased with this. It picks up a detector about a mile away from you are and has gotten me out of numerous tickets. If you're looking for something not expensive and does the job then this is the product for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 20, 2012
Fast shipping, and a great product for the price. This radar detector is bound to save money in the long run, so overall it is a great investment. The range isnt up to par with the more expensive detectors, but my pockets aint deep. 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 21, 2011
This radar detector is Awesome cheap and efficient u don't need to buy a fancy expensive one believe me this one is enough

3.0 out of 5 stars well.... its ok.., October 12, 2011
Yes, it is a cheap radar detector. Yes, it does give a lot of false alerts. No, it doesn't warn you as quickly as your V1s, or escorts, etc. However, if this detector saves you from just ONE speeding ticket it pays for itself at least 3 times over. Overall I might suggest saving a bit more and getting a higher quality detector, but if this is your price range do not rely solely on the detector.. Keep your eyes peeled!!!! Happy speedings