Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Model Number: HG-M75|Change

on February 8, 2007
I dont think you can beat a good CB power mike for under $20. I'm using it on my Galaxy DX959 SSB rig and am getting good audio reports on SSB with a comment of "a little midrangy". Thats not a bad thing when punching through noise. The big bonus with this mike is the design of it. It looks like something you would find in a helicopter cockpit. Very aeronautic with is bulging wind screen and red led that lights on transmit to give you a battery indicator. The transmit switch is easy on the fingers and the general design is well thought out for a mike in this price range. Audio level adjust is at the rear top of the mike like the old Turner +2. Great value.
on April 7, 2014
These are good hand mics for the price. I purchased this after borrowing one that was pretty beat up from a friend and having a good experience with it. It takes a 9V battery and works well out of the box. After driving around and listening to my wife talk on it and the other one, I've concluded that these are probably one of the better power mics available. They are noticeably much louder and clearer than a stock hand mic. I decided to try one of these because I purchased a DM-452 echo mic, and borrowed a 2nd one from a friend, and although they're decent mics, they are bad to squeal under certain conditions. These Cobra/Highgear power mics work well even with the power dial turned down pretty low or all the way up, and don't squeal like the DM-452 mics do. There might be better hand mics out there, but for $16 this is a great sounding mic that appears to be built well and came with a 4 pin plug already attached so I didn't have to worry about soldering my own connector on. I'm rating this 5 stars because I've now used two of these mics of different ages on different radio setups and had comparably good results from both of them, even though the older one has been dropped and beat up enough to dent the wire mesh and break some of the plastic off.

If you're looking for a good power mic without having to spend half as much as you paid for the radio itself, this is an option you should really consider.
on January 11, 2007
I am very satisfied with my purchase of this microphone. It has a good clarity and has boosted my modulation much more then my stock mike did. I am using it with my Cobra 148 GTL SSB/AM 40 channel CB Radio in my truck and so far it has done the job I had wanted it to do. For the price, it cannot be beat in my opinion.
on August 15, 2010
When you do a few simple mods to this microphone it performs very impressively.

Before the mods, the HG M75 sounds "closer to a non-power stock mic with a dynamic 600 ohm element, known for a telephone sounding (300Hz to 3KHz) low audio".

After the mods, you'll be thinking, "Now, that's audio - over 40dB gain from 500Hz to 22kHz!"

You'll void the warranty, but the risk/reward was worth it to me. Google
"Cobra HG M75 Power Mic fix/upgrade (+20dB gain)" and you'll find the pdf file that's hosted at [...]

There are photos and detailed descriptions of how to "increase the audio dramatically matching or surpassing most power mics on the market without distortion."

You'll need a soldering iron, a 220 ohm resistor, a 0.47uF to 1uF capacitor, and some basic soldering skills. In half an hour (or a bit longer if you're a slow worker) you'll have a punchy and sweet-sounding mic that will be heard and probably mistaken for higher quality.

Compared to the stock sound of an HG M75 it's a quantum leap!

Set your cb to optimal modulation, add a properly tuned antenna, use this modded microphone, and you'll be grinning from ear-to-ear!
on December 15, 2015
It works excellent if you do a few things. First use a "New Battery" Duracell coppertop or procell. Not one that's been in the junk box or in the kids toy for months. Next turn the modulation adjustment up, inside the radio box.DO NOT CUT THE LIMITER as some say or you will over modulate and sound bad as many do on am,ssb. Lots of instructions on this YouTube and internet. I have got 10db on a Galaxy 959 on ssb and good reports on my audio with 3-4 watts output power. I did the mod "solder resistor" job and got 5db more. Get the SWR close to 1 as you can with a very good antenna and have fun on cb-ssb/am.Hope this helps you.
on November 7, 2010
I bought this to use with a cobra 19 dxIV that I modified. With a new resistor and one removed this mic come back really loud and really clear. This mic on the radio with a cobra antenna gets 7 miles, the mic on 6 to 8 is all I need, at 10 with someone close I over modulate their radio. The stock mic came back "staticky" This was a good price and shipped fast and comes in loud and clear.
on January 20, 2012
As a mobile mike on the road it's a value leader. A good mike with adjustable mike gain . A little patience on the road to learn the right gain needed produces good modulation. Every radio is different. And the mike gain adjustment is great.
on July 13, 2015
You get what you pay for as the saying goes........Picks up way too much back ground noise and had the first one take a S#*t on me quickly. I'll eat the cost because returning is more hassle than this junk is worth. The stock mike sounded much better on my pre 95 cobra 29 & 25 so Spend more for a quality power mic.
on April 1, 2015
The Cobra HG M75 works well, but lacks tonal range. I'm using it with a recently restored Realistic TRC-465 AM/SSB CB radio - this radio has no built-in mic gain and needed a way to boost the audio from the mic to achieve 100% modulation…the M75 accomplishes that. I love the recessed mic gain dial on the back, unlike my RF Limited CR577 with it's corner mounted dials, the M75 gain adjustment positions stays put while handling the mic. My only complaint is the tightness of the 4-pin mic jack - the pin openings are really tight /small which makes it hard to plug into the radio. In time they will expand but for now I have to push and pull really hard to install or remove the mic. Other than that, it's a good buy!
on August 2, 2013
I puchased this based on other reviews. So far I am happy. I have not done the modifications, which is another reason I purchased it, but is seems to add to my ability to talk with other CBers. It does require a 9 volt batter which I did not know, but I like it so far. I will perform the modification later when I have more time and based on what I read it helps noticably. Good luck.