Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon November 12, 2010
I gave these walkie-talkies to my son for his birthday. He and I don't read instructions. Regardless, we figured out how to operate them totally in less than 10 minutes! These are small enough to hold in the hand, easily operate the calling, talk, listen, channel features. We didn't test the, I think, 20 mile limit, but at one block it was fully clear. It comes with a recharger that recharges both units at the same time. While this is great fun for my children and me, it's perfect for adults. With unlimited cell phone calling now available I'm not sure that cell phones aren't even more useful, albeit more costly. I highly recommend these walkie-talkies and I give them a solid, "A".
on December 20, 2011
While these radios came highly recommended, and they do indeed work as advertised, I cannot seem to get the batteries recharged. The first problem is that the radio's display does not indicate if the batteries are charging or when they are fully charged. I emailed Cobra about the problem. Their recommendation was this: The radios should be 'OFF' while charging. The initial charge is 15 hours. Once fully charged you can keep them off of the charger during the day, charge back at night. You can use any other rechargeable battery, just score about 1/4 inch from of the plastic to expose the silver part of the batteries. Take a look at the batteries your radios came with. You need to have the other batteries look similar as far as the silver part of the battery showing at the bottom so you will need to remove some of the plastic from the battery.

I have followed the recommendations, and the batteries do not charge. I have sent Cobra another email, and I am going to try some Energizer batteries to see if they work. I don't mind working through a problem with a company, and Cobra has been very friendly and helpful. However, it seems to me the lower end priced Cobra's are going to have problems based on other Amazon reviews.
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2010
Purchased these walkie talkies for a cross country trip. We used them to communicate between two cars on a trip lasting 4 days from Oregon to Arkansas. The batteries lasted a reasonable length of time and the sound quality was great. Did encountered other people on the channel we were using, but it was no problem to switch to another channel. Cannot comment on the maximum range since we were never more than a mile apart. This turned out to be a great buy and do recommend this product, particularly for the way we used them.
on April 2, 2011
I purchased these walkie talkies, for use at Wal Mart while shopping, so I could find my wife at times, works good, also use them to carry with me when I walk the dog, and they do fine then too. I haven't used these walkie's over a mile yet and they work fine, don't really know how much distance you could get from them, but I live in a mountainous region and lots of hills, so, probably couldn't get much distance , but works fine for me.
on November 13, 2012
We ordered these walkie talkies for our After School Club Program so we could communicate with leaders from classroom to classroom and locate children when their parents come to pick them up. We have never been able to get these walkie talkies to fully charge and they lose what amount of charge they do get after we have left them plugged in all night after only about 10 minutes. Very frustrating. Felt like the purchase was a wasted investment.
on December 30, 2010
I got these to use when i paintball and they are amazing they work in the snow and they are just awesome to use for car trips also and i give one to my little cousin when he walks home and i know he's safe that way
on May 30, 2011
We ordered these little radios because we needed to communicate reliably over a rather short range (less than a mile). These radios are a delightful surprise in that they work far better than expected, given their modest price. We are delighted with them, though we do not know their actual range.

dbrbjr
on July 15, 2010
I don't know why these 2-way radio companies like to exaggerate the range of the units, but when they list the amount of range in miles in big numbers on the front of the box, that means under ideal conditions like in space from the top of a moon mountain to the valley below. On earth you'll be lucky to get 2 miles, but I found that perfectly adequate for my uses.

Some of the functions (and I read the manual) are hard to figure out.
on October 5, 2012
Purchased these for my 5 year old sons birthday. After reviewing many children's walkie talkies I found this. It's sturdy and perfect! I love that it has rechargeable batteries and cord. For the price this was perfect and keeps my son busy without me having to tell him to pick up toys. I'd recommend to others. Gets a great range too (children wise) we haven't tested far distances
on October 28, 2012
We haven't tried the range or charge duration on these two way radios, but they work perfectly for our purpose in the house. I have a two story house and my boyfriend spends a lot of time upstairs watching TV while I'm downstairs. Rather than run up and down the stairs all day for quick questions like "are you ready for dinner?", "do you need anything at the store while I'm out?" "We need to leave for the movie in 15 minutes.", etc., we had gotten into the habit of yelling these questions at the stairwell. Lots of annoying repeats, and just generally a nuisance. So I decided to get a pair of two-way radios to solve our problem. We're both appreciating being able to communicate without hollering. The audio quality is clear. I followed the directions in setting up a channel and locking it in so that we get no interference. You do have to remember that others can pick up your conversation if they happen across your channel and you have to remember to plug them in to recharge overnight. For the price, these radios work great.