The manufacturer commented on the review below
4.0 out of 5 stars A great piece....once it's together
This is exactly what I expected in a sturdy nice-looking hanging basket tree. I use it for a topsy turvy and 3 baskets and it is durable. But, what a nightmare to put together!!! The instructions were pictural, and did not clearly establish which pieces went where--it could be put together several ways without looking as pictured. Once together, though, very nice!
Published on April 1, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful product
I returned this product to Amazon because it was defective. However, I believe the reason it was defective was because it was so poor machined. The materials are extremely cheap and the "craftsmanship" is horrendous. I would not recommend purchasing this product.
Published on August 12, 2011 by KRo2024

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars A great piece....once it's together, April 1, 2010
This review is from: CobraCo 4-Arm Tree with 4 Hanging Baskets HB4T-A (Lawn & Patio)

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 2, 2014 6:54:44 AM PDT
This planter is a great addition to any outdoor space. We are sorry to hear that the instructions were unclear but you were able to determine how to properly assemble it. Your feedback has been passed along to our product managers for quality control purposes.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-800-323-5800.

Best Regards,

Lauren
Consumer Relations Representative
Woodstream Corporation
CobraCo™

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too hard to assemble if you follow the directions, June 13, 2012
I don't usually leave feedback, but I always read feedback before buying. This product had very mixed reviews. Most said it was almost impossible to assemble. I'm glad a read those reviews because I approached the assembly with great respect for the directions. It is a lot of trouble, but if you assemble the pieces in the order the directions say, the holes will line up and it can be put together without tooooo much difficulty. Just don't tear everything out of the plastic bags and start sticking it together. It will never work. Don't take the pieces out the the plastic bags until you are ready to use them. The bags are labeled with A, B1, B2, C, D, E, and F. They must be put together as directed or it won't work at all. Good luck. Follow the directions and you will be fine. It finally makes a nice plant tree!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product and Price, March 11, 2013
This was a good item for hanging the houseplants we had indoors for cold weather protection. Its a little shorter than I would like, but other than that it seems to be good. Revised 4/22/13 I had not been able to completely assemble the plant stand until yesterday and discovered that some key hardware is missing in the box: ground pegs, hooks and the long bolts that hold everything together. I notified Amazon today with regard to getting the replacement hardware because we really like this stand and need to start using it ASAP.
Revised 4/22/13 Hello, I'm sorry to hear that some parts were missing from your order. We certainly don't want our customers to experience this. Unfortunately, I'm not able to replace individual pieces from a set. As I'm sure you can understand, our Fulfillment Centers are vast, and we process thousands of orders each day. In addition to this, most of our processes are automated which makes it impossible for us to take away individual pieces from a set.

However, I'd like to give you the following options:
1. If you prefer to keep the item and purchase the missing parts from your nearest store, we will refund 20% off the purchase price of this item
2. If you'd prefer to return the item for a replacement, we'll replace the whole set and provide you a return mailing label.
3. If you'd prefer to return the item for a full refund, we'll provide you a return mailing label and issue a full refund once we've received it.

I chose Option 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars free standing hanging plant holder, January 18, 2013
Andrew D. Polansky MD (Carlsbad, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
As previous reviewer noted, instructions for assembly are lacking. Don't take plastic bags off each piece as they are labeled with part number.
Once put together, it turns out to be a sturdy item capable of holding at least 50 lbs of plants. If you hang them symmetrically it becomes nicely balanced and more secure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful product, August 12, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, January 31, 2014
I saw these at a local market. They were only used for displays and not for sale. Went on Amazon and found it. So so sturdy. You will not be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived damaged, poorly made, and impossible to assemble-- total disaster, April 28, 2011
I really like the idea of this item, but it was not a successful purchase.

First, Amazon ships the pre-packaged box inside its own box. While Amazon includes some paper as padding for around the pre-packaged box, inside the pre-packaged box there is barely any padding besides plastic sleeves. As a result, the metal legs banged around during transit and arrived dented in several places.

Second, the item I received was defective or poorly made, as the holes in the leg pieces that join together are not aligned properly, so as to allow you to screw them together. In addition, the provided screws and some of the pre-drilled holes don't match in size, or at least the screws get stuck and it's not possible to screw the leg pieces together tightly. Instead, the screws started stripping the more I tried. In addition, the place where one leg piece was inserted into another did not always fit completely correctly, compounding the problem of inserting the screws. Have I mentioned that it's so poorly manufactured that it's impossible to assemble?

Third, the instructions they sent must have been photocopied 5,000 times, are very faded with very small diagrams to show how to assemble the item. The written instructions for assembling the 4 legs individually fail to indicate the key fact that it matters which way you orient the middle of three pieces in a leg. It must be the same way for all for legs, or the holes for the bolts that hold the 4 legs together will not align properly, which is difficult to see when it isn't assembled yet, because the 4 legs are all of different lengths. It's also impossible to see this in the diagram, since the picture is about 3 inches long on the page, and not clearly labeled. It's also very difficult to see how to connect the 4 legs to each other-- the written instructions just say that you should assemble with the bolts and wingnuts, but it's not obvious how they fit together. And again, you can't tell from looking at the diagram.

I tried emailing the Cobraco customer service, but my email kept bouncing back as delayed or undeliverable--it's been a week, and I've tried multiple times. I've also tried submitting a form on the Cobraco web site, where it says they respond within 24 hours, but that was clearly a lie.

I guess I will just count this as a waste of time and money-- it's not even worth the hassle of trying to return it, and I wouldn't bother exchanging it since I'm pretty sure it's manufactured poorly and a second one would be just as bad.

If I could give it zero stars, I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & sturdy, August 31, 2014
As the other reviewers mentioned this is tricky to put together. Leave the plastic on the arms until you are certain it is put together appropriately. I got to the end and realized I put it together wrong and if I didn't leave the labels on the bars I would have been in deep trouble.

This is an excellent deal for what you get and once it's up, it looks fabulous. Highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay but not great., July 13, 2014
Looks nice. Difficult to put together. Too flimsy for patio, I had to put it on the grass so I could anchor it down ( anchors included so what does that tell you).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. I was worried after I saw the reviews ..., July 11, 2014
Excellent. I was worried after I saw the reviews about all the problems putting this together. However if you have any kind of experience with putting things together you will not have a problem. We did not need the instructions. It was very simple. I have it outside and it looks great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›