5.0 out of 5 stars Pefect
I bought one for my son and liked it so much that I bought another one for me. Works great, light weight, and easy to use.
Published 9 months ago by JWB Enterprise

2.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For
Published 23 months ago by Jay S. Mcmullan

2.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Coby CAM5005 720p HD Camcorder/Camera with 1.3MP, 4x Digital Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD Screen, Black CAM5005 (Electronics)
After buying a set of Coby noise cancelling headphones for around $20 that are better than my much more expensive Sony noise cancelling headphones, I thought I would give this video camera a try. I figured it was worth trying since it is only around $50. The camera looks great. It comes with a USB cord, a wrist strap, an audio cord, a clothe carrying case, battery and an instruction booklet. You will have to purchase an SD or SDHC card and if you want to play video directly to your television, you will need to buy a mini HD cable. The ads say it comes with Muvee video editing software but mine came with Magix video editing software. There is supposed to be someway to use the camera for a webcam but I haven't been able to figure out how to make that work.

The camera is small and lightweight and has a large viewing screen. It has a light for low light filming. There are three different quality settings with HD being the top setting. For $50 you pretty much get what you pay for. The lens is a fixed focal length but the camera does have a 4X digital zoom. The picture is extremely grainy in wide angle and when the camera is zoomed the grain becomes even more pronounced.

If you think you are going to get HD quality for $50, you will be sadly disappointed but for that amount of money you'll pay for this camera, the picture will do. I would like to see Coby offer us a REAL HD camera with a multi-focal length lens at some great savings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pefect, January 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10 yr old girl loves this camera!!!, April 16, 2013
My daughter said she wanted to start making video diaries. She is only 10 and I wasn't sure how responsible she would be with a digital camera. This was perfect!!! Inexpensive, sturdy, and works great!

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor, January 28, 2013
the quality is so poor that i dont expect it to last the year. flimsy and poorly built. I wish i would of spent more money for a better one

5.0 out of 5 stars This camcorder is just PERFECT!!, February 20, 2013
I just can't find anything wrong with this cam, it's touchscreen, HD, thin and it's only 50 bucks!! Everything works perfectly.