5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, comfortable, and functional
After reading some of the reviews about these earbuds, I wasn't holding out any high expectations. Yet when I tried them I was happily surprised!

Published on February 1, 2010 by Ancora

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, surprisingly bad
Published on August 2, 2011 by T. Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, comfortable, and functional, February 1, 2010

If you're looking for a pair of earbuds that will totally eliminate noise, then these aren't for you, but they definitely cut down background noise by a lot. (My family can attest to that :P ) I love wearing them while I'm doing something kind of loud, like the dishes and I want to listen to my music without turning the volume waaay up.

The color was great (I got hot pink) and when my sister saw them her first comment was "Wow! How cute!"
I have no complaints about sound quality. For the price ($5-$7), I'd say these earbuds are definitely an excellent buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, February 10, 2011
I bought these on a budget, a tight budget. I figured they looked okay for $5. I got them today and so far was impressed until actually used them. They are comfortable and eliminate noise pretty well. However, when it comes to sound quality, it's not nearly the best. There's almost no bass present, which can cause problems, and the sound can sometimes sound weird (for lack of the word I'm looking for). So if you're on a tight budget, get these, if not, get something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, surprisingly bad, August 2, 2011
I use cheap earbuds all the time. I have generally found that expensive ones fall apart almost just as badly as the cheap ones, and don't necessarily sound all that much better. And although I generally listen to classical music, I am by no means an audiophile. My attitude is that people used to enjoy classical music on 78 RPM gramophone records -- so all those people who say the most expensive equipment is absolutely necessary should just stop whining and get on with their lives.

So I wasn't coming to these earbuds with great expectations. I have even had perfectly acceptable Coby earbuds in the past.

But wow, these are bad. My low expectations were considerably undershot.

Imagine the sound of stereo speakers packed under a couple feet of blankets but turned up loud enough so you could still hear it. Imagine the dull, muted, lifeless sound that emerges from under the blankets.

That's exactly what these sound like.

I'll keep them as backups in the car glove compartment for occasions when I'm on the road and forget to bring other options. I will never listen to music with them, but they may be just barely OK for spoken word podcasts, like Car Talk or a news program. Not for anything else.

Take it from a fellow cheapskate. You're better off spending a couple dollars more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, comfortable and inexpensive, November 6, 2009
I bought the Coby Jammerz Isolation Stereo Earphones in Pink for my daughter so that she would stop "borrowing" mine. I already have two pairs of Coby Isolation Stereo Earphones and for the price I've been very happy with them.

They are obviously not top of the line, but for listening to music when taking a walk, sitting at my desk at work or riding the commuter train they perform well. The earbud design definitely blocks out quite a bit of outside noise which is great and they're comfortable too. The only room for improvement on these would be to give the cord a little more length, but for around $5 I won't complain.

If you're looking for an inexpensive extra pair or need to replace one you or a child has lost, I highly recommend these. So far I haven't lost any, but if I were too it'll be much easier to accept than some of the higher priced headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Comfortable Colored Earphones, December 5, 2010
G. Max Gooding (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
These are a nice pair of earphones. Firstly you must realise that there are fine wires inside this unit, hence if you rough them up too much, they won't last very long. I find that the sound reproduction is acceptable and the bass depth is beyond reproach.

Here are the specifications for these earphones:

- Impedance: 16 ohms +/- 10%
- Frequency Range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 102 dB +/- 3% /1mW @ 1kHz
- Rated/Max Input Power: 5mW/10mW
- Driver Size: 9 mm
- Weight: 14.8g

I find that these are a nice set of earphones, however, for their longevity, due care must be taken with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money if you aren't very passionate about audio quality., November 14, 2010
x "x" (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
These headphones are nothing to write home about, in terms of audio quality. Is there much bass? No. However, unlike many cheap headphones, they are not AT ALL tinny, or annoying to listen to; you simply do not get a rich bassy sound. I listen to mostly podcasts and audio books, which is spoken word, so my need for bass is very limited. I also tend to destroy my headphones very quickly, typically having to replace them every 2-6 months, regardless of price.

I have purchased 100 dollar headphones, only to have them break and have to try and deal with warranty claims. This is significantly better for me, as I buy them 2-5 at a time and replace them when I start to run out.

They also come with two sizes of rubber ear inserts, which is great for me, because I have small ear cavities, and so the larger ones never fit, and thus never make a good seal, and fall out of my ears constantly. The small ones are a godsend for me, because I get a great seal with the added smaller ear inserts.

Bottom line - Audiophiles, stay away. These are not for you. However, if you are looking for a replacement to your crappy white iPod headphones, these ones are going to sound significantly better at a price that makes them easily replaceable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, May 20, 2010
P. Acca "furyoffive" (Plainville, Connecticut United States) - See all my reviews
Like the title says, the price does reflect the product's quality. Sound is muffled unless on the highest volume setting.

The construction is nice,they feel very durable,the cord is a decent length.Cheap enough so i can use them at the gym and not have to worry about snapping the cord
Not too worried about the L connector instead of the straight one.

Seems to be the case with the lower priced Coby Headphones. They all sound muffled

Overall good experience with the headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible!!!!, July 19, 2010
It fits alright and everything but the sound quality is SERIOUSLY bad. It is the worst earphones I've ever had. Even worse than the ones that came with my ipod. Seriously just spend a couple of more dollars to buy one that is really worth the money. It is also poorly made because right out of the box I saw near the connector part of the earphones that the wires were sticking out. I'm pretty sure if I use them they're going to break within a few weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont do it!, October 16, 2011
I bought these because of the cost BUT it isn't worth saving a few bucks. The plus protection broke on the first day and the plugs are so painful. Neither my boyfriend nor I could stand using them for even a few hours on our flight. Just spend a few more bucks and buy one of the other options on Amazon, they've got to be better then these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Muffled earphones, August 16, 2011
The sound that comes from these is so heavy in bass you can't understand what is being said. The left earphone is significantly louder than the right, which distorts the sound and throws you off balance.