Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coby CVH32 Lightweight Stereo Headphones (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 6, 2007
We bought 30 or so of these headphones for our after-school program's computer lab. After only two months of use, almost 2/3s of the headphones have stopped working. They might sound okay before dying but it doesn't much matter when their lifespan is only a few weeks.
on November 10, 2006
I bought these headphones for a class of 5th graders. They use them for computer time during class. The Headphones are comfortable and sound good. The price was so cheap,I expeted far less quality. I originally ordered these from HP but they were sold out, back ordered and did not tell me, this company sent them right away.
on March 10, 2007
I bought 15 of these units to be used for online training by our sales force. The headphones actually produced surprisingly decent sound, especially for the price. And while they're not something you'd want to use as your primary headphone, they're not bad as a backup. The only real downside was the length of the cord, which is around 3 feet.
VINE VOICEon September 8, 2010
I was plesantly surprised at the sound quality of these headphones. It is rich and full and you can pick out a lot of different insturments across the tonal spectrum. They perhaps do not look the best and do not have the best comfort. But well worth 5 stars for the price. I am going to be using them at work, and they were an excellent choice.

Update 11/17. My original review I have left intact above. A couple of weeks ago these developed crackling, then one side went out entirely. In spite of multiple efforts, that side has remained in-operable, hence the new 2 star rating. I wanted to leave the above review here, because, any product is capable of having some that end up not working for long. But for most of the products I buy that is not my experience. So I wanted to update what happened with mine and for whatever it is worth that was my exprience with the smallest possible sample size of 1.
on June 26, 2013
bought it for a bunch of 1st graders to be used in school and they worked exactly as wanted.
do not expect this to be perfect audio, but if you don't care of about quality and just need to to play for a child these work nicely.
none of them broke
on January 24, 2013
I purchased these for my classroom. I knew that they would be taking a beating but for the price and my budget they worked well. I do have three that are not working well because my students use them constantly everyday. They lasted longer than I thought they would.
on March 17, 2013
They are light and dont dig in to one's ears or feel tight on the head (but I have a small head). Although they adjust nicely, they dont cover the ears well and one has to turn volume up a bit to be able to clearly hear sound come out of the phones. Over all, they are good if one is not in a noisy public area. They might be OK on a plane or train or car. I got these very cheaply on Amazon ($3.50USD) plus shipping. These are fine to keep around for a spare if you lose or break your other headphones or earbuds; or are fine for your kids, who break or lose their headphones all the time. At this price, you can buy several to keep on hand for when a pair is lost or broken. They seem fairly sturdy, but are thin and made of cheapish plastic, so they probably wont hold up that well. The foam ear covers are replacable, so if they do last a bit, you can buy some replacement ear covers for them when the old ones shred from use.
on February 18, 2013
I currently homeschool six of my eight children and they spend quite a bit of time on the computer for their lessons. It would be so chaotic and noisy if everyone didn't use headphones. For the price they are great quality, holding up to daily use by kids that aren't particularly careful with how they take care of them. Super pleased at such a convenient, economical option.

**Edited: I continue to order these based on ease and price. However, my original review was based on the $2.99 I used to pay for them here on Amazon. I still think they are a decent headphone at the current price of $9.99, but not nearly the deal they once used to be. They still hold up well, my kids often leave them lying on the floor and the computer chairs run over the cord, but I still end up ordering several pairs over the course of a year. Sometimes they break and sometimes they just get lost. :)
on May 4, 2013
I bought these headphones over a year ago for my son, who was 5 at the time. I wanted to get him headphones for car trips to plug into his DVD player, but I wanted some that were pretty inexpensive, since he is a little rough on things. These have not disappointed, since he is still using them today, and they have held up great!

They are definitely just basic headphones, no bells and whistles, but that is exactly what I was wanting. I can't comment on how well what he is listening to sounds, because I've never tried them, but he has never complained about anything sounding strange or too quiet, etc.

I was so happy with how these headphones held up, that I bought a second pair last August, since headphones were on his school supply list, and those have held up this entire school year, and I know they get used quite a bit.

Overall, we are very pleased with our purchases and would definitely buy again!
on September 7, 2013
I bought the Coby CVH42 Lightweight Stereo Headphones during a promotion and was quite impressed with their sound. You can clearly hear the bass and the signal was crystal clear. For the price, they were great purchases. I decided to buy some back up headphones and got the CVH32. As soon as I recieved and tested them, I realized they were much inferior and had poor sound. I consider this model of headphones only slightly better than cheap earbuds and won't buy anymore. Time to go back to the CVH42's.

See 1 answered question