4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a $40. system
I purchased this system for $39.00 brand new. Sure, the bass isn't all there, but it does become better when you're watching a movie with lots of bass. The speaker wires are short but you can get more speaker wire to make it work. I liked that all the wires, ( speaker wires ) and ( rca jacks ) are color coded or have tags identifying where each wire plugs into.
I...
Published on June 14, 2010 by K. Eckley

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the WORST
This is probably the worst Home Theater System you can find. I would list the pros and cons but there isn't anything good about the system at all so I will just list the problems.

- The speaker wires are too short. They won't even cover a 10' x 10' bedroom.
- The speaker quality is horrific. My TV from 1995 (no surround sound) sounds better than these...
Published on September 9, 2009 by Michael R. Kaiser

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the WORST, September 9, 2009
This review is from: Coby DVD765 5.1-Channel DVD Home Theater System (Black) (Electronics)

- The speaker wires are too short. They won't even cover a 10' x 10' bedroom.
-The volume can only go so low. You can try to keep turning the volume down but once it hits about halfway of what it would be on a normal one the sound will just mute. There is no low volume.
- The DVD quality is terrible as well. So much for progressive scan.
- WORST OF ALL: You cannot control the volume when watching tv ONLY when watching a DVD or playing music. Don't know why anyone would make a home theater product where you can't control the volume when watching tv.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Going directly back to Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars A PIECE OF JUNK!, May 18, 2009
I AM DOWN GRADING MY ORIGINAL REVIEW OF THIS PRODUCT SINCE I FIRST WROTE IT - THIS DVD PLAYER STOPPED WORKING AFTER ABOUT 6 MONTHS OF OPERATION. IT WILL NOT PLAY DISCS, THE IMAGE FREEZES AND WILL NOT EJECT THE DISCS. I DECIDED TO DUMP IT IN THE GARBAGE SINCE IT'S NOT EVEN WORTH PAYING TO HAVE IT REPAIRED. SHAME ON THIS MANUFACTURER FOR PRODUCING SUCH JUNK! TRULY DISAPPOINTED. THE ONLY THING WORTH KEEPING ARE THE SPEAKERS. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE.Coby DVD765 5.1-Channel DVD Home Theater System (Black) I have used this product for a short time only and it does an acceptable performance for the price. Do not expect a really strong playback as far as sound since it is suited for a small room like a bedroom. Also the quality of the picture is acceptable. But then again for the price I was not expecting HD quality or better. So far the system has worked well and I hope the quality will be good to last a few years before having to replace it. The good news is that Amazon did not charge for shipping, so that's where I see some savings. Thanks again Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars not the greatest, May 1, 2009
well this theater system, pretty much is ok. there is no bass at all, so you if you want some good kicks then get a better system or hook up it up through another system (like i did). other than that the speakers arent too bad, they get really loud actually and dont crack, so good for the surround sound, mainly my only con is that the bass sucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY!!!!!, August 11, 2009
This product is HORRIBLE! You can't control the volume on the speakers when you plug it into your T.V. The only volume setting is so loud it's going to blow your speakers. The only time you can lower or raise the volume is when you watch a DVD. Even with that they don't work that great! Don't spend your money on it!!! It's a piece of junk!
Very Disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a $40. system, June 14, 2010
K. Eckley (Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
I think the system sounds okay. You CAN control the volume while watching TV. I don't know what these other reviewers are talking about. Maybe they didn't connect it correctly. There's a switch on the back of the subwoofer that indicates, "TV" "DVD". You must slide it to the appropriate position. Your TV will need a red and white rca OUTPUT for this feature to work. ~common sense~
The remote control is probably the worst thing about it. You have to aim the remote directly at the dvd player and no further than about six feet away. That's the trouble I experienced anyway. Even with new Energizer batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Junk, March 6, 2010
I do not recommend this product to anyone. Only played one DVD correctly. When playing the second DVD the system kept cutting off. In addition, sound quality was poor, when this item arrived a couple of the speaker bases were broken. Save yourself some trouble, do not buy this item. Last note, I should have read other peoples comments before I made this purchase, could have saved myself some problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, March 3, 2010
Not Worth the money, my system is junk the picture rolls and you can't stop it from doing it. I will never buy another Colby Product.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you paid for, March 3, 2010
One of the speaker connection was bad. No repeat or any feature for audio listening. Sound quality is acceptable. Don't expect anything but decent sound quality. Well, it's under $70

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Do NOT buy!!, March 8, 2010
Player (Pittsburgh) - See all my reviews
This is the worst DVD home theater system I ever bought.

It stopped working less than a month after I bought it!

The wires are EXTREMELY short. They didn't even reach half way across my 15 foot room.

The power cord is really short.

The volume is horrible. The only way I could use it is with the volume maxed and it still wasn't enough. No kidding!

The remote only works from a distance if the player is on the floor because of the angle they installed the IR detector. I installed mine in my TV cabinet and would have to stand up, stretching my arm up as high as I could to get it to work from across the room.

Trash!

1.0 out of 5 stars my order, March 18, 2013
I have order my sound system last Thursday which was the 14 and now its the 18 and they took my money but haven't ship my order yet and I like to know y its taking them so long

Rate and Discover Movies