Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on February 1, 2010
After reading some of the reviews about these earbuds, I wasn't holding out any high expectations. Yet when I tried them I was happily surprised!

If you're looking for a pair of earbuds that will totally eliminate noise, then these aren't for you, but they definitely cut down background noise by a lot. (My family can attest to that :P ) I love wearing them while I'm doing something kind of loud, like the dishes and I want to listen to my music without turning the volume waaay up.

The color was great (I got hot pink) and when my sister saw them her first comment was "Wow! How cute!"
I have no complaints about sound quality. For the price ($5-$7), I'd say these earbuds are definitely an excellent buy!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2011
I bought these on a budget, a tight budget. I figured they looked okay for $5. I got them today and so far was impressed until actually used them. They are comfortable and eliminate noise pretty well. However, when it comes to sound quality, it's not nearly the best. There's almost no bass present, which can cause problems, and the sound can sometimes sound weird (for lack of the word I'm looking for). So if you're on a tight budget, get these, if not, get something else.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought the Coby Jammerz Isolation Stereo Earphones in Pink for my daughter so that she would stop "borrowing" mine. I already have two pairs of Coby Isolation Stereo Earphones and for the price I've been very happy with them.

They are obviously not top of the line, but for listening to music when taking a walk, sitting at my desk at work or riding the commuter train they perform well. The earbud design definitely blocks out quite a bit of outside noise which is great and they're comfortable too. The only room for improvement on these would be to give the cord a little more length, but for around $5 I won't complain.

If you're looking for an inexpensive extra pair or need to replace one you or a child has lost, I highly recommend these. So far I haven't lost any, but if I were too it'll be much easier to accept than some of the higher priced headphones.
on December 5, 2010
These are a nice pair of earphones. Firstly you must realise that there are fine wires inside this unit, hence if you rough them up too much, they won't last very long. I find that the sound reproduction is acceptable and the bass depth is beyond reproach.

Here are the specifications for these earphones:

- Impedance: 16 ohms +/- 10%
- Frequency Range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 102 dB +/- 3% /1mW @ 1kHz
- Rated/Max Input Power: 5mW/10mW
- Driver Size: 9 mm
- Weight: 14.8g

I find that these are a nice set of earphones, however, for their longevity, due care must be taken with them.
on November 14, 2010
These headphones are nothing to write home about, in terms of audio quality. Is there much bass? No. However, unlike many cheap headphones, they are not AT ALL tinny, or annoying to listen to; you simply do not get a rich bassy sound. I listen to mostly podcasts and audio books, which is spoken word, so my need for bass is very limited. I also tend to destroy my headphones very quickly, typically having to replace them every 2-6 months, regardless of price.

I have purchased 100 dollar headphones, only to have them break and have to try and deal with warranty claims. This is significantly better for me, as I buy them 2-5 at a time and replace them when I start to run out.

They also come with two sizes of rubber ear inserts, which is great for me, because I have small ear cavities, and so the larger ones never fit, and thus never make a good seal, and fall out of my ears constantly. The small ones are a godsend for me, because I get a great seal with the added smaller ear inserts.

Bottom line - Audiophiles, stay away. These are not for you. However, if you are looking for a replacement to your crappy white iPod headphones, these ones are going to sound significantly better at a price that makes them easily replaceable.
on May 20, 2010
Like the title says, the price does reflect the product's quality. Sound is muffled unless on the highest volume setting.

The construction is nice,they feel very durable,the cord is a decent length.Cheap enough so i can use them at the gym and not have to worry about snapping the cord
Not too worried about the L connector instead of the straight one.

Seems to be the case with the lower priced Coby Headphones. They all sound muffled

Overall good experience with the headphones.
on October 16, 2011
I bought these because of the cost BUT it isn't worth saving a few bucks. The plus protection broke on the first day and the plugs are so painful. Neither my boyfriend nor I could stand using them for even a few hours on our flight. Just spend a few more bucks and buy one of the other options on Amazon, they've got to be better then these.
on October 8, 2010
i know everyone says these are good headphones _for_the_price_. true, i paid like $5 for these headphones here on amazon, so i don't have a right to complain. however, *sigh* i wish i had just kept my five bucks. it's true that they isolate sound pretty well; but they don't sound all that great. they don't have any bass... and, yeah... i know i only paid $5 for them, but... *sigh* serious buyer's remorse! i have a pair of sony mdr-e829v earbuds that cost $12 these days, but i probably bought them for less back in the day. i wish i had bought a second pair of those instead. i compared the two side by side, and the sonys were so much better... sure, 3× the price, but... $5 or $15? *sigh* the jammerz sound like cheap earbuds that come along with cheap mp3 players. yeah, please consider something else if you are looking at these.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
These Coby headphones are my backups. They are really good if you want to get lost in nothing but the music. When you use them it's like being in room with surround sound that only you can hear. I like them, but if you have sensitive ears then I wouldn't recommend them. They can start to hurt after awhile, if you have small ears.
on September 28, 2011
My boyfriend bought me these headphones, and I loved them so much I bought some for my brother. They last a long long time, and they're comfortable. Not like skullcandy headphones that go ALL the way in your ear which is annoying and uncomfortable. When I have these headphones in, I can't hear anything but the music which I love. and the bass is at a perfect level, enough to make the music quality great, but not too much to where the rest of the music is drowned out. HIGHLY recommend these headphones!