4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for what I bought it for...
Published 21 months ago by Linda Scantlin

3.0 out of 5 stars I would have liked more foresight...
Published 19 months ago by K. S. Walter

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for what I bought it for..., December 3, 2012
This review is from: Coby Kyros 10.1-Inch Android 4.0 8 GB 16:10 Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen Widescreen Internet Tablet with Built-In Camera, Black MID1045-8 (Personal Computers)
So far I really like this tablet. I chose it over the Samsung because external reviews were good and I valued the larger size 10" tablet over the smaller size 7" more popular brand. The 10" Samsung was way more expensive. It works well. It has been very easy to figure out how to maneuver. The camera is only 2 mega pixel so I wouldn't use it for quality pics instead of my digital camera but it is handy to have. There were plenty of apps to download for free. Most of which I added so my 5 year old nephew could play games on it. I will mainly use it to connect to the internet for facebook and e-mail when out of town. It is wi-fi only but many places have free wi-fi now.

However it said that the following items were included but they were not: USB host/keyboard adapter, stereo headphones. The headphones I really don't care about at all. But I ordered a case w/keyboard that was recommended and am not able to use it because the keyboard has full size USB cable and the tablet only comes with a mini USB port. Without the adapter, I am not able to use the external keyboard.

3.0 out of 5 stars I would have liked more foresight..., February 12, 2013
This item while a nice tablet for the money, does offer one problem. Currently Coby is not licensed as part of the google suite. As such the reason for buying an android device, at least for me, is removed. You cannot immediately get things like gmail, contacts, and calendar, or worse yet use the store. So all those applications I bought a while back are well not available on this without rooting it.

As a result if you are tech savy this is a great buy, if not be aware you may not have access to things you wish to use on this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars what is this supposed to be?, December 24, 2012
I got this tablet as a gift. Played around with it to try and download common apps such as Netflix and Facebook and came to the surprising disappointment that it doesn't run them. So let me get this straight...can't run Netflix...no Google play....no angry birds...has twitter app but not Facebook. THIS IS HOW YOU SCREW UP YOUR COMPANY COBY. you gave me a polished turd of disappointment. And this is 4.0 android ice cream sandwich technology that can virtually play nothing?? How is this possible? A complete waste of money and time. Don't bother! Get the kindle fire it is waaaaayyy better than.......this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Regarding the Coby Kyros 10.1-Inch Android, March 15, 2013
I purchased the Coby Kyros 10.1-Inch Android Tablet in good faith with the impression from the advertisement that it will work with the keyboard that was advertised with it. I want to make all consumers aware that according to Coby the manufacturer that this product is not made to work with a keyboard.
I want you to know so you will not spend the time and money to find an adapter that in the end will not work which is my case after talking to three reps from Amazon and ordering adapter three different times and none of them work.

I like the tablet but I hate the fact that the keyboard was misrepresented.

JIF

1.0 out of 5 stars My Update, December 28, 2012
UPDATE: 6 months have passed, do not use it anymore, slow, locks-up, freezes, waste of money.....My original opinion: I am not real big in this stuff, but, my wife is and she purchased it for me as a gift. She has all the latest iphone, ipad, etc. When this arrived and I started using it, I found out it was so easy, I read you cannot get apps, however, on Amazon apps for Androids (same system as Kindle), that is not a problem. Facebook, angry birds, netflix, emails, everything is there. My wife now prefers this cheaper tab to hers, I am not kidding. What a great gift. Cannot say enough good about this tablet nor can I put it down. Love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend $30 more on something you'll not hate., December 12, 2012
Apps, games and videos. That's really what you want on a tablet. This is exactly what you can't get from this product. You can't even use the Facebook app. FACEBOOK!!!
I am not a computer guy by any stretch of the imagination, but this thing exemplifies the word "knock-off". All the apps read like, "YouTube Viewer" and such. Why is it not just "YouTube"...? My other devices say "YouTube".
I kind of thought that I might be buying a sort of "less expensive" tablet that got me access to the same network of cool stuff as other tablets, but boy was I wrong. Spend the extra couple dozen dollars or so and get a brand you have heard of.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wont Load, April 2, 2013
I got this in Feb 2013... And now it wont load pass the android symbol.... Coby is not helping with it.... i hate this

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it and so does my husband., February 28, 2013
I knew what I was buying before I purchased it. My two young daughters have similar tablets in seven inch. Same operating system and everything. So when my husband opened this one for his birthday he knew exactly what to do. It works fast and all his amazon apps he had on a smaller tablet he was able to get put on this tablet. I can't wait to play with it when he puts it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great tablet., February 26, 2013
No google play but who cares amazon app store is just as good, and getjar has some good apps xss well. Fasdt touch responce and very clear display.! Great buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Experience, March 28, 2013
I bought this tablet for my mother as a Christmas gift. She used it for a total of 2-3 days, and then the device completely shut off. I kept the receipt and returned it to Coby warranty. It took several weeks for Coby to get back to me. They told me that I would have to send a $15 money order so the company could replace the device with a new tablet.
I would never recommend this company to anyone. The tablet is also very unimpressive - the screen and icons are dull and it isn't easy to use.

Rate and Discover Movies