Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

1,029 of 1,054 people found the following review helpful
on August 7, 2010
Sound quality is great. Good battery life. Very light and thin. Has a nice little screen, and rubber backing. Loads of features for [...] bucks (normally retails for [...] - rightly so), and nice 4 gigs of capacity! Obviously it's not an ipod touch, but I'd take this over a classic ipod or ipod shuffle/nano ANY DAY.. I also like that I don't have to feel like I'm handling glass when I use it. I owned an ipod touch, and I was almost afraid to handle it because it felt so delicate. This product actually feels light and durable. Also, it makes for a great flash drive, as well as having excellent reception in the FM tuner.. I highly recommend this product for anyone who wants a good mp3 player at a great price.
2424 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 29, 2010
I bought this to replace my other coby. I like it. Very light wich surprised me and good picture and i just dropped it and it still works which is a plus.

Pros
-easy to read
-easy music transfer
-portable
-sounds awsome especially with skull candies
- puts your music in order and even has album/artist order as well

Cons (nothing big)
- hard to find music when you have alot since you only have a push button but just hold it and it goes by kinda fast
- when you want to search for a new song you have to start from the beginning everytime which sucks but o well
- takes a few seconds to turn on and shut off but aging no biggie

Over all, good player and is well recomended
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 25, 2010
I was definitely not up with the times. I finally decided to get an MP3 player. I honestly knew nothing about them. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and make a mistake so I chose this one. For $30, if it didn't work well, it wouldn't be too much of a big deal. To tell you the truth I didn't really have much faith in this player's quality, because it wasn't an expensive brand or an Apple Ipod. I really wasn't expecting much.

When it arrived I have to admit I was excited to get started. I had loads of songs I wanted to hear that I didn't have on cd. I felt like a kid in a candy store. At first, I found a site I could buy MP3's from and tried to get my songs on the device. Since this was my first time uploading songs on an MP3 player I didn't know what I was doing and had lots of trouble. The directions it came with were not very helpful to me because of my ignorance with technological things. Finally after fiddling around for over an hour I finally figured it out. I bet a lot of you are thinking I am a real dummy, lol!

All I can say is I am thrilled!! This little piece of machinery is amazing to say the least. Once you get the knack, it is so easy to download your songs and add them to the playlist. When I saw how easy it was to upload songs from my computer to the device, I felt stupid for not figuring out how to do it sooner.

I bought a mini stereo cable and connected it to the headphone jack and the other end to my stereo's audio jack and I was pleasantly surprised at how loud and clear it sounds with my stereo system. The earbuds it comes with are a little uncomfortable and hurt my ears, so I am using my Sony Walkman's head phones and it is much more comfortable. My husband and 9 year old daughter liked this device so much, they want their own too. I will buy two more and highly recommend this item. It is well made and looks expensive too.

Thank you Coby for making a high quality, great sounding, good looking device for such a low price.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 29, 2010
This review is meant to be helpful for potential buyers. I aimed to get an MP3 player that would play mp3s and audio books, while I was traveling; I was not making an investment in buying a showy new mobile device. The product first arrived on time. The packaging was great. Tightly sealed and protected. Most importantly the product did what I wanted it to do. The sound quality was decent. I didn't have much of a problem uploading audio tracks onto the device, but then again that might vary depending on one's familiarity with technology. It's fairly easy, taking about 4 steps. Any concerns about not getting what one pays for: this would have to include the radio function. It didn't work very well in doors for me. It's antenna must not be that big. For me that's fine since I don't plan on using it much. I think that the functionality and price match the product. I do not feel as though I was gipped in any way when making this purchase.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 1, 2010
This purchase was made as a present for my dad. He has wanted one of those "music thingies" for a while now, and has found them all much to complicated to use. so I told him to pick out music he likes, and after some review bought this.

For someone who knows enough to plug in and play with some new software, it takes about 2 minutes maybe to figure out EXACTLY how this device works. for my dad he doesn't even really understand were the power switch is on the computer.

However he is able to operate this pretty well. the Text is large enough and the screen well enough lit that he can easily make out were he should be going, the buttons are very easy to click, without accidentally selecting stuff.

walking through it, I'm not letting him touch the computer side of loading the music, but I organized the playlists for him and setup the albums.

once the music is on the player, let it refresh the library. yes it take a small amount of time to do this, but dad's ok with that. he doesn't need it to be instant. teaching him how to maneuver wasn't perfect, but he understands it. once it refreshes you can select an album, or artist, or all, but selecting a playlist is a little more work, and the songs are not in the order you placed them. Again, not perfect, but still, it plays the music he wants to hear.

he likes the sturdy feel of the player, doesn't feel like its going to break on him, and it hasn't died when he's dropped it yet.

we did have to get him better headphones, the earbuds didn't work for him. he just needed something more solid for when hes doing work around the house or yard, and got him a armband for if he decides to go jogging.

so overall, it is a pretty sturdy player for moderate use, for someone who isn't very tech savy the use of the actual player is very easy. the program isn't very hard to use for adding music either, but you need to be able to work around basic computer programs, its not quite as simple as an ipod is.

so far no issues with overuse or the product not working correctly.
on February 16, 2012
This is a great product. The only reason I didn't go the extra mile and give this a five star rating is because... well, it's just not an iPod. Like the difference between an A- and an A+. At a mere $25, however, the value this mp3 player provides more than makes up for it. And I'll be honest here: I've used iPods, and other than the quality of the pictures on the screen, the playlist capabilities, the touch motion wheel, and loading times (and it's a close call there too) I don't see much of a difference between the Coby mp620 mp3 player and an Ipod.

The biggest gripe people are going to have with this product - INITIALLY - are the playlist capabilities. When people first use the Coby mp3 player, it will look like it just randomly tossed all of your songs into a bunch of folders you do not care for with the track order all out of whack. However, this little oversight can easily be fixed by using Windows Media Player to synch files rather than using the Coby Media Manager or the drag/drop method.

I recently wrote a step-by-step guide on how to use WMP to synch songs to the Coby mp3 player in the proper track order of your choice as well as under proper folders (here: http://www.amazon.com/anyone-create-playlist-their-MP620/forum/Fx19LJDK1IIL3J5/Tx3OWMHLFVFVS0J/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0035P4C06). The trick is to manipulate the "Album" and "Album Artist" description tags for your songs so that WMP places the songs in much more sensible folders, then the Coby mp3 player will list your songs in the order you placed them in the WMP sync list. That little discovery I made unquestionably makes this mp3 player more than worth the $25 I paid for it.

Closing Remarks:
The Coby mp620 mp3 player also comes with a picture viewer, video player, built-in radio, and an e-book reader. What are you spending $200 on an iPod for?! Pick this device up right now for a not-quite-as-good-as-an-iPod but just-as-functional digital media player. You'll be so glad you did!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 3, 2010
i had had coby products before and they hadn't been very good but i decided to give this one a chance. i didn't expect it to be so good. the audio is very good, i liked the fact that it has a radio, i put some of my favorite pictures in it and i could manage to put videos too; right now, i have more than 500 songs and space to put more :)
the mp3 player arrived sooner than i expected it to; so i'm very happy with the product.

(just have in mind that it's not an ipod so don't expect it to do things it wasn't made for)
on September 8, 2011
After reading the reviews for this product both good and bad, I decided to purchase this handy little device. The player came just when it was supposed to and I was all ready to upload music onto it. I hooked it up to my computer, started downloading, and then an error occurred. Not a big deal, as my computer sometimes glitches. Here's the problem: I couldn't turn the player on. At all. One minute I was happily and easily downloading my tunes on it and the next, the thing up and died on me. I'll not be purchasing another one of this specific player. I'm sure mine was an isolated incident, but after reading the negative reviews about this product, I'm not sure anymore....
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 10, 2011
I like this product a lot. It has all the features needed to play music. The cord was DOA but i had another lying around so it wasnt a big deal. The 4GB is sufficient for any music lover. Im not particularly sure what the programs are that came preloaded with the device but i did end up having to manually make an alphabetical sorting ability.

All you must do is make a "MUSIC.DIR" folder and fill it with #, A, B, C, D... etc. then fill the folders with the songs. Finally go to the player and select the "browse" option. Your folders will show up with the music in them. Hope this helps those of you frustrated with having to scroll through 500 songs to get to the 1 you want.
on August 1, 2011
Note: If you just want to see my cons go to the third paragraph down.

I have had the Colby 4GB MP3 player for a couple of weeks now. I don't have a lot of experience with MP3 players, I had previously only owned one in my entire life. The MP3 player I used to own was a Creative Zen Stone, I have had it for about 4 years and it was a bare bones player that also included an FM radio and microphone. I had lost it and needed a new player as soon as possible so I went with this one.

On the surface I believed I was getting a bargain. This did pretty much everything my Stone did but was more advanced. While this is true, the performance of this device leaves a lot to be desired. If you are doing your research on this device I think you know the gist of what it is capable of. It plays your MP3's well, it can play low quality videos and show you low quality pictures. The radio seems to work fairly well too.

Where this product aggravates me: Coming from my Zen Stone there are a few things that really bother me with this product.

1. The organization of files. Things get put into categories but the way the device chooses to file some of the MP3's bothers me. I'm used to being able to put whatever Mp3 in whatever folder I want and it being in that folder.

2. It is slow to turn on and turn off. This actually doesn't bother me a bit because my previous player was worse and I got used to it. For some people though, this could be an issue.

3. It goes to sleep very fast after being paused. I don't know if I can change this but it seems like I can't pause a song for more than 60 seconds before the deice shuts down. My last player gave me 5 minutes.

4. Very minor issues but this has no clock for the time and date. For a player with a screen, this seems lacking. My old player had this and I enjoyed it but really this isn't a big deal and doesn't effect the rating.

5. I mainly listen to podcasts while working out. That's a big reason why I needed a new player fast. When you start listening to really long files the problems really come out with this player. For one thing, the timer for some strange reason is only capable of tracking up to 59:59 minutes. That means if a show is over an hour long it will break up the timer. This is a bit confusing at first because you may download a show that's 90 minutes but you will only see 29 minutes remaining on your timer. There is a bar you can look at to gauge how far into the file you are in but this is a really tacky way to keep track of file length.

Secondly, the fast forward mechanism is bothersome. After two weeks I have yet to figure out how it works. Fast-forwarding is very slow, sometimes after holding the fast forward button down for 10-15 seconds it speeds up but this doesn't always happen! I don't know if I have to apply a certain pressure or what but I can never consistently get this to work. No one wants to sit there for 5 minutes holding the fast forward button to get to a point where they were before.

Now maybe you are thinking, "No big deal, how often will I need to fast-forward a podcast anyway?" That's true, especially becasue the player does remember where you left off when you turn it off. There are two problems though.

A. Every time you add a new file to the system and refresh the player loses track of what you were listening to and where in that file you last listened.

B. It is very easy while fast forwarding or rewinding to accidentally skip the track. Often times you may hear something you want to quickly rewind back to and if you slip up you have to start back from the begging.

The rewind feature is the same but as far as I know there is no speed boost for rewind like the one that occasionally shows up for fast forwarding after holding down the control for 15 seconds.

All in all this player does what it is supposed to do which is play MP3's and it does it adequately. If you only plan to listen to music it's a decent cheap option. For podcast users though, you can do better. The slow fast forwarding, poor track sorting, silly timer, and other minor frustrations that build up are not worth it.

I can't give it anything lower than 3 stars becasue it does what it is supposed to do decently and for the price it is hard to beat. If this retailed at $40 though it'd be a 2 star. I suggest spending the extra 10-20 bucks to get a better product. I suspect that in the coming weeks I will be getting another player because this thing frustrates me more than I should be tolerating.