4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed over all
After recently washing my wonderful Mp3 Player, I had to go back the the drawing board. I needed an affordable player, and one that had at least 4 gigs. The Coby Mp3 Player reached that expectation very well.

Pros:
The blue of this is a very vibrant ELECTRIC blue. The picture of this does it no justice.

It feels very sturdy in your hand, but...
Published on August 4, 2011 by Molly D

1,901 of 1,960 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but..
I have been using ths device for about 3 weeks already, and the following are the pro's and con's I encountered while using this device:

Pros:
-Cheap
-looks good, nice sleek and proffessional design
-nice UI interface
-radio
-battery life (all day non-stop playing and quick charge)
-light and slim

Cons:
- horrible...
Published on November 19, 2010 by agent0one

1,901 of 1,960 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but.., November 19, 2010
This review is from: Coby MP620-4GBLU 1.8 Inch 4GB Video MP3 Player - Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

Pros:
-Cheap
-looks good, nice sleek and proffessional design
-nice UI interface
-radio
-battery life (all day non-stop playing and quick charge)
-light and slim

Cons:
- horrible headphones (no ear bud broke within an hour of first using it, the other 3 weeks after), but average sound quality. Recommend buying separate durable ear buds.
- Takes a few seconds too load and shut down, but this is a minor inconvenience.
-Organization, if you are looking for a specific song, you must either know the album, or know the order. Haven't tried other mp3 players before, but it is not that fluid. Feels like you are looking at your songs folder in your computer. (no search function)
-Video ( can only accept a really low quality format (.MTV), which you need a video converter for 99% of all of your video files, which is nearly impossible to find a good one. At the end, it will not be worth it converting.
-Pictures, really low quality, looks like something out of an old cellphone or gif.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a simple, cheap, straight forward mp3 player, I recommend getting this. If you want something extra, look for something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed over all, August 4, 2011
Molly D (Magadan, Russia) - See all my reviews

Pros:

It feels very sturdy in your hand, but very, very light.

The music sounds really good on it (I purchased the Ink'd Earbuds By Skullcandy. I recommend them, and you can see my review about them.)

The upload of the music is SO fast. It took 3-5 minutes to upload 50 songs.

The pictures look really good on it.

(I haven't tested video or text yet)

Cons:

The buttons are very... um, clicky. It is annoying.

In bright light, the screen is hard to see.

The 2 cons are the only reason I have given it a 4 star. I really am happy.
I will update about the video and text probably.

KARA TEE

3.0 out of 5 stars Let me tell you how to make it NOT play in alphabetical order!, January 20, 2011
dAHMER (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
OK, so this MP3 player isn't the greatest but it get's the job done. Being a fan of tapes, vinyl, and CDs, an MP3 player isn't my main way of listening to music but it's a convenient way to bring a small chunk of my collection with me to the laundromat or on a jog, and for that purpose it certainly works.

Like many others who've reviewed the Coby MP3 player, I hated the fact that it only played songs in alphabetical order. Thankfully, the other day I had added some new songs to my Coby so I was playing around with it and, lo and behold, I found the solution to everybody's complaint!

TO GET YOUR COBY MP3 PLAYER TO NOT PLAY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, when you turn it on, you have the choice between MUSIC, PHOTO, VIDEO, etc. Select MUSIC, then, at the next menu, instead of going to ALBUMS or ARTISTS, scroll down to BROWSER. The next window will again let you choose between MOVIE, MUSIC, PHOTO, and TEXT. Select MUSIC, and next it will provide you a list of all the artist you've loaded onto your Coby. From there you can select albums and it will actually play them in the order they were intended to play!!! Why they didn't make this the default setting instead of burying it inside several menus I'll never know, but there you have it. For that poor choice alone the Coby loses two stars.

Again, that's MUSIC > BROWSER > MUSIC

Now, I don't know if it makes a difference, but if you choose SETUP from the first menu, then SYS TOOLS, and then SORT, you can choose between FORCE SORT and AUTO SORT. I honestly have no idea how what this does, if anything, but for what it's worth I've selected AUTO SORT.

I hope that helps anybody having problems with their Coby! Buy one if you want a cheap solution to occasionally listening to music away from your car or home stereo. If you want an MP3 player as your main way of listening to music, you're probably better off getting something a little more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round purchase, March 11, 2011
This is a great little MP3 player - especially for the price. It is surprisingly sturdy, has a great battery life and is easy to use. Drag and drop to load it and it charges on the PC or in a USB wall jack. Not much I can say except it does exactly what it says it does and well. My two active teens have one each and it stoically puts up with sports conditioning, being dropped, manhandled by a baby (babyhandled doesn't have quite the same ring)sibling and keeps on going. Would highly recommend as an entry level MP3 player or for someone who does not want to have the constant worry of losing or damaging a high dollar player.

5.0 out of 5 stars MP3 Player Rewview! Thumbs UP!, August 3, 2010
It's wonderful, but it has its limitation. I see it as best used for a person who doesn't have a LOT of music/video/photos. I have to scroll thru each one to find the video I want to view. Same with music. Since I only have about 50 tunes, videos and photos -- 150 files....it's not a big problem. The software that grabs videos can be tricky to learn. I am really enjoying it. The price is unbeatable, and the menu is easy to navigate through. It will shut itself after a period of non-activity -- which I see that as a good thing! Trickiest part -- learning to turn it on and off. Don't press down to hard, and you'll be fine. :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Did i get a bad one?, June 6, 2011
I bought this little mp3 player after reading the reviews. It seemed like a good deal for what I was looking for. I loved it while I used it, unfortunately, 2 months after I got it, it stopped working. I think it should have last a bit longer than that!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery stopped holdng charge after 5 charge cycles, June 29, 2011
K. Tierney (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
Battery won't hold a charge anymore, just past the 45-day mark and only 5 charge cycles. Have bought appx 5 Coby products such as headphones and they've all stopped workng after just a few weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a sturdy build, November 22, 2010
I bought this for my little girl it lasted 2 weeks before it self destructed. It seemed like the screen got hot and cracked. Its smelled like burnt electronics. I would not recomend this to anybody for long duration of use. I suppose it would be ok for minimal use but like me my child loves music and I use my mp3 player all day long. You get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Shuffle, Are you kidding me?, October 11, 2012
Bought this based on price. Read a few reviews, figured it was worth $20+. Got it, loaded it to the gills with songs, started looking for random, shuffle, something. What? No shuffle, no random? Seriously? What do you do with 4 GB of music that you have to listen to in alphabetical order? The battery dies before you get halfway through the song list. I found this product to be completely worthless. Now it sits in a drawer and I am thrilled with my brand new Sandisk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well design product, December 15, 2010
This is a great product it plug and play cabability is awesome too I pluged into computer and it pop up I loaded 152 tracks so fast I tried to load twice and was prompted that they are already on unit, also try the card for e-music now they have a limited supply not like itune or rhapsody but I selected a few oldies, Coby thanks for this fine product. Amazon keep them coming...........N.A. Ohio