Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coby MP620-8GBLU 8GB 1.8-Inch Video MP3 Player with FM Radio (Blue) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 24, 2012
My 11 year old got this as a gift for Christmas. He liked that it had 8gb so it had enough memory to put quite a bit of video on it. It took us a very long time to figure out how to download the video, but it can be done. I think my husband looked around on the internet on several sites before he found out how to do it. Other than that, this was a great buy.
on January 1, 2012
This is the second one of these I bought for my kids - they work great for playing music. I've had the other one for about a year and it still works fine. The 8 Gb today costs what the 4 Gb did a year ago.
on February 1, 2014
I bought this Coby MP3 (Red) 5 years ago in 2009 or earlier? It's been for ever! Never has stopped working although it's been dropped a few times, and still going strong to this day (2014). It's super light and thin, great features, although I never use the radio function, it works great, as well as all the other features; and 8GB for your music, video, pictures etc. Did I mention battery power? It's out of this world! I once took a Greyhound bus trip from Sothern CA. to northern Wi. I had it going constantly (3 days & nights at lo volume - no place to charge it) as it was my only form of entertainment. Made it all the way except the last few hours.

I love this MP3 so much that I just bought 2 more (Blue) when I found out it was being discontinued by manufacturer (can't imagine why) for future reserve for my wife and I; although I don't know for when, as my old red one although a little scratched up, still works like a Champ! So what are you waiting for? Better hurry they're going...going...go...
on May 24, 2013
It's a very good, basic little MP3 player.

Pros:
Lightweight
Easy to read
Simplistic controls

Cons:
Okay, I know this is stupid, but it does this little thing where it fades out and fades in songs again? It's odd.
Slow start-up/shut-down (Not particularily surprising, though)
Slow scrolling (Again, not surprising)
And also, I will warn prospective buyers - the shuffle function on here DOES exist! Press the right 'soft key' (as if it were on a phone) when a song is playing and configure your 'repeat' from there.

It is a nice little machine, though, and it works well for my purposes!
on May 22, 2013
The item is slow to load/move through your music and in bright sunlight it can be very difficult to read the display. Music is loud and love the radio.
on March 22, 2014
I purchased this item for my husband who needed an inexpensive, sturdy MP3 player as he has a bad habit of destroying electronics while working. The reviews and description of this item made it sound perfect, however, when it arrived, it was very lightweight and made of cheap plastic that it seems would break easily. We never got to find out though, because when it was plugged into our computer, no driver could be found for it. When searching the company website to download the proper driver, it was discovered that COBY has gone out of business and no longer provides any support software in order to enable their products. This is totally useless and we sent it back. Don't waste your time or money!
on January 30, 2013
Searched the net for several weeks before deciding on a new MP3 player - wasn't sure about this brand - no real reviews elsewhere on the net. Decided to take a chance and was pleasantly suprised. I ordered it on a friday morning and it was received by Mon. - impressed with the speedy shipment.
Waisted no time uploading music as I was curious to know if it worked properly and if the sound quality was at least decent. I was shocked that the sound quality was MUCH more than i expected. Very crisp and clear - using the equilizer i adjusted the sound for more bass was very impressed. Haven't tried putting video's on here yet - not too worried about that because I bought the product to use during workouts - i don't plan on watching videos while I'm at the gym, so I can't comment on that one. However, the radio gets great reception and has the same quality sound as the music I uploaded.
I was looking closely at Sony as it's a well known brand and I wanted a name i could trust. Before buying this one i had tried another off brand and was disappointed - had to send it right back. However, as I said, I tried this one wanting to save a little money and still have a good quality sound for my music and was very pleasantly suprised. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one....matter of fact, my girlfriend wants one now.
I look at it this way - try it - if you don't like it - send it back...what does it hurt and how will you know if you don't at least look into it. If you're looking for all the bells and whistles, you won't find that in this - i mean really - is it THAT important to have "touch" everything or to have the latest in modern technology? Not for me - i'm just going to the gym and all i want is to hear my music and not what 's going on around me. This one does that and brings the sound quality to match.
on March 4, 2013
I got this for my daughter. She said she likes it but the way the have the music listed is confusing. She also said it was hard to transfer her music from her Itunes account to the device.
She said if you dont mind not knowing where your music is or dont mind not knowing where a certain song is then it is a good MP3 player. BUT if you want to play the songs you want when you want, then dont get it
on June 19, 2014
Keep in mind when purchasing this that it is impossible to find the drivers for your computer to even recognize the device is connected. I scoured the internet hoping someone would have them around to download, but no. The manufacturer's website is shut down, which means no luck, and when I tried to simply charge it, it would not charge, either. I ended up returning this and getting a refund. I wish that it had worked, because the size and shape were great; I only need something small and simple.
on November 11, 2012
The slowness of this device to actually show a menu or start playing a file is beyond comprehension. It literally takes 30 seconds for a file to open and start playing once selected. The menu system is terrible to boot. Spend your money on something else and you won't regret it.