4.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Purchased this for my 2yo on an 8-hour drive. Worked well - do not really know what I would do without it. Used both in car and in a hotel. 2 chargers - 12V DC and AC proved to be invaluable.
Video/audio quality is adequate as are remote and controls.
Never bothered to use 2 sets of earphones provided or a second monitor.
Played DVDs and DVD-RW. So far...
Published on August 9, 2011 by AVS

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk. Just plain Junk. Cheap straps and terrible design.
The straps to hold the device on the head rest broke the second time we changed a DVD.
Changing a DVD is a pain in the ---.
The player does not keep track of where the movie was so everytime you stop the car for more than 20 minutes you lose where you were on the video.
Published on November 24, 2011 by Thomas I. Chittenden

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, August 9, 2011
AVS (Campbell, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
Video/audio quality is adequate as are remote and controls.
Never bothered to use 2 sets of earphones provided or a second monitor.
Played DVDs and DVD-RW. So far never tested AVIs or MP4.
Harness buckles do render headrest unusable for a tall passenger.
Replacing a disk with player in a harness is cumbersome. You are almost certain to inadvertently turn it off by catching the sliding ON/OFF switch on the harness.
Would be nice to store the remote with DVD.
Overall after 1 week of using it I am pretty happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanity Saver Deluxe, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
We bought this specifically for a 12+ hour car drive from Northern California to Disneyland. We have two young children who just don't like to sit still, but this kept them entertained. We loved that we could hook it up to our car speakers so we could hear the movie too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
I used to have a flip down DVD player in my old vehicle. When I bought a new one I decided not to get the DVD system factory installed.
My husband and I have been looking at different dual screen DVD systems for a few months. The ones we saw were over priced and poor quality...
I saw this one, read the reviews and looked at the price and thought it was great.
We use it several times a week and my boys LOVE it. They can listen with the included headphones or I can plug it into my car speakers and they hear it all around. It is definately durable.... on 3 different occasions my son has pulled the middle seat forward, to let my son in the 3rd row out of the car... each time he slammed the TV/DVD unit with the headrest of the seat. It still works as if it were brand new!
I would recommend this to anyone looking to purchase a dual DVD system for their vehicle!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk. Just plain Junk. Cheap straps and terrible design., November 24, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
Changing a DVD is a pain in the ---.
This is the third one of these we have had. The other two had problems but not NEARLY as bad as this piece of junk. And since we didn't use it for a car trip until after 30 days of ordering it, we are now stuck with it. This is eactly why buying online is cheaper becuase you get inferior products with less return options.

grrrrr. I am going to think twice before I order anything over $100 from amazon again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a life saver Great Product, September 7, 2011
T.D. Orr "Dano" (Great Mills, md United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
I bought this product so that our grandchildren could be occupied while on a 10 hour trip. The screens are large the cases sturdy and the connections secure. Our grandchildren are about the same age and sex so watching the same things worked great. I also bought two childrens head phones (A MUST HAVE) so the adults in the car could have conversations. The battery, when fully charged, I assume, will allow for viewing an entire movie. The picture quality is very good and bright. Because of traffic it ended up being a 16 hour trip and without the DVD player the adults would have really gone nuts. The product is well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dependable, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
The screen shakes when the vehicle is on the highway or if you get too close to the wires connecting the two units together.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy, October 1, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
I bought this after returning the Slyvania dvd player for having poor sound. We had this Coby for two days and then it wouldn't recognize the disk anymore. I took the disk out and tried others but when you push play it still says "Load Disk".

It worked once, the sound was decent and the video quality was decent. I've read tons of reviews on tons of dvd players and I think I've figured out; you get what you pay for. This is a cheaper dvd player, I was hoping to save money and have a good purchasing experience however I'd rather pay a little more and get a Sony or Philips and have back all the time I've spent messing with this one and all the time it takes to return it, wait for another to arrive, ect ect.

Save yourself some trouble and buy a reputable name brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable DVD player, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
We love this, the screen is a great size, it fits easily in the car and is a great quality for the money. Works best when you can keep it plugged in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Killer, March 19, 2013
Christopher Maddox (MILLIKEN, COLORADO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
The kids love to watch in the car on long trips. Its also nice on rainy camping days to keep the kids busy.

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't even last 6 months, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player (Electronics)
I needed some dvd players for a long road trip planned. These were a great price and i loved the way that they opened up to put in the dvd's, so that they wouldn't get loose, but we used them maybe a handful of times and not for long hours at a time and they just stopped working. They would play a movie to a certain point and then say no valid disk and freeze up. Also, they are not Dual players cause you can only watch one movie at a time not 2 seperate movies kind of a waste.

Coby TFDVD9952 9-Inches Portable DVD Player