5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent small and inexpensive TV/monitor
Published on April 9, 2010 by SB Leo

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely acceptable
If you are looking for the cheapest, barely acceptable video component ... you found it. I bought this strickly because I have a limited budget and this met it. The colors are washed out on all the settings. The available angle of view is difficult if you are using this in an area like a kitchen. Probably no more than 50 degrees of working angle.
The unit worked for...
Published on September 9, 2010 by Terry1022

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent small and inexpensive TV/monitor, April 9, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
I bought this TV to use as a small TV that I could carry around and also to use as a computer monitor sometimes. I was not surprised to see it looked very similar to my Samsung TVs because I read from a few websites that it was built with Samsung OEM parts. Even the menu and the setup were very much the same as those on the Samsungs. OTA HDTV quality was decent for a 720p TV of this size. SDTV channels looked better than I could get from the VSonic LCD TVs I also own. Sound quality was excellent considering the small size of the TV and the speakers. The audio was clear and loud even on the default settings. Besides the VGA input, the HDMI input and coaxial digital audio output were the nice bonuses that I didn't believe I could get with a 15''/15.6" TV but this TV has them all. With a cheap antenna, I could get more than 50 DTV channels in the city. The TV looks very slick in glossy piano black. When used as a monitor, I was very pleased with the 1366x768 screen I got from my laptop via the VGA connector. I also tried the HDMI connection with my desktop and it looked excellent, too. Overall, I would highly recommend this TV to those who are shopping for a 15" TV. Another plus is it has a 16:9 aspect ratio (which I prefer) and not the 16:10 that most other 13 to 19" TVs have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
Gee, some of the reviews here had me a bit nervous about purchasing this little tv, but I sure am glad I did. Maybe these folks were expecting to plan a Super Bowl party around the little fella and were shocked that it doesn't compare to a Samsung 50 inch with surround sound? For $100 I can't imagine doing better than this unit. I bought it for our kitchen about three weeks ago and it's been perfect. I even purposely held-off on my review in case it blew-up or the sound went out or it started summoning the undead, etc.. Nope - it pretty much does exactly what I bought it to do.

The picture is great - nice and sharp. I did see what people meant about the sight lines fading a bit if you get too far away, but this was easily corrected by veerry slightly tilting the unit upwards on the swivel stand which comes with it. Our kitchen isn't exactly huge, but I can wander from one end to the other and see the picture just fine. The sound is a total non-issue. It's precisely the sound you'd expect from a 15" tv if you're a realistic person. I've never even had to turn it up all the way.

I honestly think you'll enjoy this tv just fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely acceptable, September 9, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
The unit worked for approximately a month and a half. Shut it of one night come back the next day and the remote doesn't work ... at all. After trying a new remote it's been diagnosed as a bad remote reciever in the TV.... not acceptable on a unit that is only a few weeks old. All in all it's a stretch to give it 2 stars.
Amazon was really great in offering to replace or refund. After looking on line at other issues with the brand, I've decided to spend the extra $30 and buy, from Amazon, a name brand I have confidence in.
SPEND THE EXTRA $$$$.........

4.0 out of 5 stars Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch Widescreen TFT LCD 720p HDTV/Monitor with HDMI Input (Black), July 20, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
This is a solid product (keeping the price in mind). I bought this tv to use with my PS3. At first I was disappointed with the way it look (was using the original rca cables), but once I plugged in the HDMI cable everything was pretty clear. I would recommend this tv to anyone who is looking for a cheap product that with still perform

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Little TV, June 12, 2010
SandeeSKS (Mesa, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
I could not be happier with this purchase. The picture is great, operation is simple and it looks just great in the corner on my kitchen counter. Makes dishes and meal prep so much more enjoyable. Nice little price for a great little TV!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Great TV, December 22, 2010
Length:: 2:01 Mins

Great little TV | Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch Widescreen TFT LCD 720p HDTV/Monitor with HDMI Input (Black) Glad i didn't listen to the bad reviews on this tv the sound is more than loud enough, the picture is great even with rabbit ears, the TV and remote are both stylish and sleek, at $80 is was a steal

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - except for sound, November 24, 2010
Vicki Delalla (N Stratford, NH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
Instant set-up; picture is excellent - near HD quality, even without HD satellite hook-up (using DirecTV). Unit is light-weight and easy to move or position. Only negative is the speaker at the bottom - with sound aimed downward at whatever it's sitting on, it does sound a bit tinny. It is more obvious when first turning on the TV; after awhile one becomes used to it. Not sure what possesses manufacturers to position the speakers that way. I recently purchased a computer monitor with speakers - same problem. But overall, it is still a good buy, and depending on what one watches, the picture quality may be more important than the sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little HD TV, July 20, 2010
FJD (Garnerville, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
Got this to replace a dead 3yr old Sharp 13in we have in the kitchen. The Coby is great for the price. Picture quality is very good with HD broadcast. Tuner is very sensitive and captures a lot more channels than I expected without a cable box attached. The viewing angle is moderate, but come on, this set is inexpensive and should not be judged by High End standards.
Sound quality is what you'd expect for a set this size. Not bad, not great.
Controls are well laid out on the remote. Fav channel button is handy. All around a good buy for under $125!

2.0 out of 5 stars Colby flatscreen TV - Model TFTV1525 15" Widescreen, August 11, 2010
Chris (Orange Co, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
I bought this 'cause the price was right. I bought it for my guestroom. The picture is really good but the sound is terrible. It's no better than an AM Radio.

3.0 out of 5 stars QAM Tuner Issue !!, October 21, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV (Electronics)
This is a decent little tv. Sound is OK, picture is good. However, If you're purchasing this TV to avoid an additional cable box and receive unscrambled digital cable stations via your coaxial cable directly through the QAM tuner....It won't work. The coaxial input only routes through the analog tuner (verified with Coby Tech support). Otherwise this is a good HDTV for the price. For my intended use...I had to return it.

Coby TFTV1525 15-Inch 720p LCD TV