5.0 out of 5 stars Very good TV for a super cheap price
Published on July 23, 2010 by Mak

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big of a compromise
I just returned this and got an LG-32LD350 instead and couldn't be happier. Here's why:
1. The tuner was really bad. This is critical for me as I don't use a cable or satellite box.
a. Took about two seconds to switch channels.
Published on December 9, 2010 by A simple man

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good TV for a super cheap price, July 23, 2010
Mak (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
Bought this TV for $320 last week. The very next day after I purchased it the price went up to $350, but today the price is at $300. So I'm not sure why the price fluctuates so much but you may want to wait for the price to be at the lower end. Well anyways I received the TV yesterday so the delivery was a little over a week for a NY to CA shipment. So far I am very satisfied with the TV. It looks very nice and in my opinion is nice enough to be a Living Room TV. I use as a tv in my room mostly for movies and my Xbox 360. I must say the 720p is sharp and like the other reviewer said this tv can go up to 1080p. There are a ton of ports for everything HDMI, VGA, etc. Oh also the sound from just the TV itself is solid. One complaint I do have however is the power cable length as it is very short about 4 FT maybe. The question with these cheaper brand TV's is always gonna be longevity and to that I can't speak to yet. But as of right now I am very satisfied with the TV and highly recommmend it.

Update 09/24/2014: So I guess I've had this team for 4 years now and I am still using it! It still works exactly the same. VERY SATISFIED considering the price I paid for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big of a compromise, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
a. Took about two seconds to switch channels.
b. For the digital channels, it had a hard time with the HD channels. Kept getting pixilated and lost the picture completely for CBS.
c. For the analog channels, the picture was noisier than it was with my old CRT set.
2. The lowest volume setting was too loud - could be heard in the other room
3. The TV wouldn't always start. Don't know what the problem was, but in the week I had it, we had to disconnect and reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet in order to turn it on.

Needless to say the LG doesn't suffer from any of these and my wife thinks the picture quality also improved, but its hard to be sure. Bottom line - there are much better alternatives for roughly the same price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Priice but had problems, November 24, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
I bought this TV for $267 new which is an exeptional price. I connected it to a Blu-Ray player with internet apps and the picture was great. I then began watching cable TV channels and noticed that some channels would blink on and off and had intermittent static. Thinking that the problem was with the Cable TV company I called out a tech. He tested the cable TV and then stated there was a problem with the tuner in my TV. I told him that could not be true because my TV was brand new. I then connected a different TV to the same Cable TV source and I could not replicate the same problem using a different TV. I went to the COBY web site and found that the TV has a 90 day warranty. You must pay shipping both to and from COBY. COBY requires a $30 shipping fee up front. My best estimate is that it would cost me another $60 and tons of aggrevation to get this TV repaired. Go ahead and spend the extra bucks to purshase a more expensive set from a local store that provides sales/service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
I just purchased this TV for under $300.00 and am very pleased with it. I only have 2 minor complaints. The first one is that the remote control refused to turn off the closed captions. I had to change the settings on the cable box to turn it off. The second complaint is that the HDMI cables that I purchased on ebay would not work with this TV. They work fine with my other 2 flat screen TV's but not this one. I had to buy another one of a different brand and then the TV worked fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR problems, May 7, 2011
Frank M (Grand Prairie, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
Purchased two of these, one for us and one for our son. Hook up was simple with no problems. The speakers were a bit tinny but adjusting the bass helped some. The picture was very good. I was going to use it in office and it was perfect size. Both my wife and I thought for the price it was a good value. It was on for the rest of day and evening but when turned on the next day the video came on for about 5 minutes and then went blank. We could not get to respond to anything. If turned off and back on it would last about 5 or 10 seconds and then go off. Only response I got from Colby C/S was to take it back.
Before taking it back I decided to check out the other one purchased for our son. It was WORST! After about 5 minutes BOTH audio and video went out. It would not come on using remote or manual controls. So we ended taking both back.
Maybe one could be a fluke, but two I believe indicates a major flaw with the TV'S. When I took them back to Fry's I asked the person if they had many returns and he replied they did. When I asked what seemed to be the problem he just said they "didn't like them".
I purchased these largely on the positive responses here but it certainly did not turn out positive for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible sound and color...., November 25, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
We purchased this TV before Christmas last year (2010). At first the color was okay, but it quickly diminished and is very dark - even after adjusting the settings. The sound quality has always been terrible. Even when it is turned up, you hear some things, but it seems that the background noise (think music, soundtrack, whatever else is going on) is always louder than the actual speech and/or actor voices. We are very disappointed with this purchase. We will not buy Coby products again w/o first seeing/testing the product in-person.

1.0 out of 5 stars great price... lousy product, December 9, 2010
C. W. Beck (Toronto, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
the price on this widesreen TV was GREAT .... the picture quality when using the dvd player is fantastic... but as soon as you try to play your video games on it the quaity goes to crap. WARNING... if you like to play video games DO NOT purchase a colby TV. when you have any kind of a darker area to play... like a night scene, or a tunnel scene, as in syphon philter does quite often.. it is impossible to see no matter what kind of controls settings you put it in.it is so dark you might as well be blind. enven in the areas I was so familiar with. no matter what you do you are almost blind. I was so happy to get my first widescreen for the living room, and I play a lot of games on it when in the mood, but this purchase just made me mad as hell. do not purchase people, beware!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, March 28, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
Purchased this item at a local store because of the great price ($249.99). Unit on display at store had great picture and couldn't pass the 32" size and features up for the price. Got unit home and set it up without any trouble. Played a Blue-Ray movie on it with great picture. Cable picture was a bit grainy though. The biggest problem we had was that the sound was very tinny from the speakers and when set on the lowest levels was still as loud as if on a much higher setting. Blue power on light, even when shutdown was also very annoying and bright at night in bedroom. Returned this unit to store where purchased and am looking at a different brand and model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sold like a 720p but actually does 1080p!, July 18, 2010
Rambling Johnny "John" (Québec city QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
This HDTV is a diamond in the rough. It does 1080p but it advertised and sold at the price of a 720p HDTV. 3 HDMI ports, 2 Component, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, 2 RCA and 1 antenna in ATSC/NTSC so it DTV ready. I got my ps3, the sat and my desktop plug in this thing and I still have half the ports free for future use. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the remote and the menu hell I did not open the manual yet. It a great HDTV if you want a cheap and good size model in order to wait for the 3d models to come down to a reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy COBY TFTV3225 ... lousy picture, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Coby TFTV3225 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (Electronics)
Well, if you have any high expectation for your next image quality, don't try this COBY thing at all.
That purchase was for an older relative and I thought the quality would be always "good enough", but frankly, I really have to return this unit.
They offer with this set the worse dark and contrast management, there is absolutely no contrast in the dark shades.
They completely turn off the pixels on darker shades, so blacks and greys become that black-hole black with absolutely no pixel information.
So basically you are looking at only 1/2 of the movie frame, the side that is not black.
COBY should be ashamed to sell this unit.
Sorry, I came in fairly open-minded about this first-price, but you are better off spending $100 more and enjoy a Korean or Japanese set a lot more.