Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coby Widescreen Digital Photo Frame with Photo Slideshow Mode - DP730
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style: Contemporary Design|Change

on November 1, 2010
While Coby may not be a premium brand when it comes to electronics, I have purchased quite a few of these units and so far so good. This is a nice versatile photoframe and will run smoothly throughout the day, if you have placed it on your desk at the office.

What's Included:

- Photoframe
- Kickstand
- Power Adapter
- Manual

Specifications:

- Display size: 7" widescreen TFT LCD (approx. 3.5" h x 6" w)
- File Format: JPEG only
- USB Ports: Full size and Mini 5-pin
- Built-in Memory: 1 MB
- Mounting: Wall Mountable with detachable stand
- Power consumption: <= 3.5 watts

This photoframe allows you to customize the way your pictures are displayed, here are the items that can be adjusted:

- Display ratio
- Slideshow duration
- Slideshow repeat
- Slideshow transition effects

The operation of this photoframe is as easy as a snap. Just stick in either a Flash Drive or a Memory card with your JPEG files and you are all set to go. In my opinion this will make a great gift.
44 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2011
My mother-in-law spends about a third of her time in her home and the rest on the road in an RV. Now that grandchildren are coming she has been printing pictures off Facebook and carrying them around in her purse. We decided to update her with something that could hold a great deal of pictures and be easily transferred from house to RV.

The good: The frame looks nice and not cheap, which was a big concern because she's really into decorating. The picture quality is also good, all of the ones we loaded were taken off of relatives' Facebook albums and they all look pretty good. Even the pictures in the slide show that aren't rotated to be viewed at largest size are recognizable.

The not so good: The menu is a little clunky, though no worse than the old button menus for tube televisions, so anyone with any experience with those should be able to figure things out. Anyone else can still probably get the hang of it by just playing around for awhile.

We could not get the frame to recognize the USB at first, then it only recognized about 20 of the 126 photos that were on the USB. There is pretty much no support available online. You have to call the company and they are not open on Sundays.

That being said, we did get everything working in the end, and here are the tips to do it.

1. A USB needs to be formatted in FAT or FAT32, if the USB isn't working the first thing to do is reformat it on the computer. Remember that this will erase all data on the USB, so back it up first.

2. For the pictures that weren't showing properly, I opened them with a basic editing program, tweaked them a bit, then saved them again with a different name in JPEG format. The newly saved images all showed up fine. I don't know if the tweaking was necessary to make them work, but as long as they were up, I figured, why not? They look that much nicer in the frame.

Digital Frames still aren't what one would call cheap, so if you're willing to put in the extra work this one is pretty good if you don't have a lot of money to spend. I've never tried another one so I can't give any comparisons.
on December 23, 2010
This digital photo frame is the simplist to use product! I do and have recommended this one! I bought another brand at another merchant and it was a junk so I returned it and bought this one and I am very satisfied with the product and besides that I saved money with this digital photo frame by Colby as it was less expensive! I have never written a review before but felt I should because this product deserves it.
on August 27, 2010
The picture frame works, good, the transition of pictures is smooth. Only con's is that, the angle of viewing is not great, you will see it as a negative film when viewed at more than 40deg.
Similarly smaller pics are enlarged to the screen size which causes images to be shown in blocks. The resolution too is low, but is not much noticeable.
on October 15, 2011
This is a nice buy for the price! It is attractive out of the box and easy to assemble as well. Instructions are understandable, with ease of use. I purchased an additional 4GB card, so I am planning on enjoying this for a long time.
on May 16, 2011
Not the greatest but it is a decent digital frame, Mom loved it!

It works as specified, the only thing I wish it had, randow slideshow display.

This is not a high end product. So if you want something cheap, this is it.
on July 27, 2011
This is a nice and simple photo frame and for the price, it serves its purpose. Would order another or recommend to others.
on December 18, 2014
I love this. I wanted a frame I could put a flash drive in. Set up was so easy. I didn't even need to refer to the manual. I'm so happy to display multiple pictures of my kids in one place since my work space is limited. The price was good too. I will probably buy more of these.
on December 20, 2012
The product does what it says; I'm using a flash drive to plug in for all the hundreds of images I loaded on here. Keep in mind the odd resolution of the frame may display some images oddly. For instance, if you have an image that is taller than it is wide, it will fit that height from the top to bottom and then leave black space on the sides. Some of the resizing seems alright for images, but others is awful. You also have option to set clock, change built in shuffle/image rotation options, change source of photos (internal, sd card, usb) and a calendar. It's not battery backup, it's run off an elec cord. The quality is not the same quality as your images, keep that in mind if you purchase this. If you need pristine display of photos, look elsewhere; if you want it to still be quality for the price, this product will fit your needs.
on January 14, 2011
The digital photo frame was very easy to set up. IT was also very easy to use. I gave two of these Frames for gifts and both families just love them. Thanks for the great product.