5.0 out of 5 stars The English version is.....
The English version for this book is, PUERTO RICAN COOKERY by the same author. It is also available here in Amazon.com.
This is one of the best cooking books from Puerto Rico, with a lot of easy to follow dishes. The Bible in all the kitchens of the puertorriquenos.
Published on March 29, 2004 by Yo

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware!
This was highly recommended to me as a great traditional Puerto Rican cookbook.
This version is all in Spanish however, looking to find an English version.
Published 11 months ago by L. Mumma

5.0 out of 5 stars The English version is....., March 29, 2004
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Este libro es una tradición puertorriqueña, November 29, 1999
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
Mi madre tiene una copia de este libro con el autografo de la autora (primera edición). Con él fue que aprendí a cocinar. Cuando me case, fue el primer libro que compré para mi nuevo hogar. El libro ofrece las recetas basicas tradicionales, que uno con el tiempo aprende a modificar a su gusto. El libro es un clasico de la cultura puertorriqueña, debe estar en toda biblioteca boricua.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book for Puertorican Cooking, July 1, 2000
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
My mother bought this book her first week of marriage. I learned to cook from this cookbook during my childhood in Puerto Rico. When I went to college my mother bought me this book as a graduation present.
It is an invaluable guide to Puertorican cooking. All the basics are in it and more. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Puertorican food!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST of the BEST!, April 15, 2004
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
This is the best Puerto Rican cookbook you will ever find. When I got married my mom took me to the store to find this book and she said to me: "You can't leave Puerto Rico without this, treasure it forever, keep your husband happy for years to come." I've been married 10 years and I still use the cookbook and my husband gets very excited on what I will cook next. He has even done some himself and feels like a great chef. Everything on that book tastes as good as it sounds or better. It is the BEST of all. I will pass this on to my children when the time comes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Recipes, December 22, 2002
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
This book is great in teaching traditional Puerto Rican dishes. However, I wish there were an engilsh translation for it

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow directions, delicious receipes., August 3, 1999
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
An excellent source of Puerto Rican cuisine. I have been using this book since 1963. It was a gift from my mother in law who was a fantastic cook and whom I kept pestering for receipes as a new bride. It has been my only source for receipes from back home and I continue to pass on these receipes to my children. I only wish there was a copy in english as some of the terminology and names of foods I am not failiar with.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Puerto Rican Cookbook, February 20, 2007
Gary M. Folmer (Kissimmee, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
The recipes in this cookbook are the real thing; everything comes out the way I remember my grandmother's cooking was. The best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puerto Rican Goodness, September 23, 2010
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
This book is amazing. I am a native Puerto Rican but live in Georgia. I truly miss all the authentic flavors from back home and there were a few things that I still had yet to learn.
I am so glad that before I moved my grandmother gave me this as a gift because it has ALL the recipes for typical Puerto Rican foods such as Pasteles, Mofongo, Alcapurrias and even desserts like Tembleque. Every time a make a recipe from the book it takes me back home!

5.0 out of 5 stars The food I grew up with., September 21, 2005
ladyrican (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
My mom has this book and I was always experimenting in the kitchen with recipes from this book. It is very easy to follow and has great recipes. Now, I've been married for 4 years and I miss all of this great puertorican food, so I looked for it specifically so that I can revive my love of cooking the best caribbean food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic, February 7, 2007
J. CRUHIGGER (Killeen, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cocina criolla (Hardcover)
WOW!!! The book is so wonderful. It makes me remember my grandmother's cooking. She would prepare us dishes from this great cookbook. She would let me read out the ingredients and help. I love the "Pasteles", "Brazo Gitano" & "Bacalaitos"

I never thought it would still be around. I was so amazed to find on Amazon that I had to buy immediately. I miss the original green cloth-covered version, but the original flavor is all in there. A super gift. A great cookbook. Truly, the essence of Puerto Rico !!! Sabor Boricua!!!

Cocina criolla
Cocina criolla by Carmen Aboy Valldej́uli (Hardcover - March 31, 1983)
$25.95 $20.75